main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time to buy a DV camera

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by neonec, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neonec

neonec Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2002
    Well, now is the time,

I´ve somehow managed to get like 1000 $ (more or less) and the question is, what DV-camera is worth buying.

I checked out this site:
    http://www.bwayphoto.com/

anyone who knows if they´re any good?

2. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

Don't buy from www.bwayphoto.com (Broadway Photo). They are notoriously bad. They are rated as having something like 3 out of 10 satisfied customers. Not very good odds.

I recommend B & H Photo if you plan on buying online. They have the best prices and best reputation of the legitimate shops.

Take a look at the Sony TRV-27 (Carl Zeiss Lens, Mega Pixel CCD, Color Viewfinder, 3.5" LCD Screen, Super Steady Shot, MPEG Movie, microphone input and headphone output, all the manual controls, etc). B & H sells it for $760. What a bargain! :)

3. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    i'd recommend buying the panasonic dvc10 off ebay from a reputable seller with high feedback, you should be able to pick it up for about $900-1,200, or the sony trv900 which runs about $1,100-1,300

4. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    I know I don't post here frequently, but I do know a thing or two about cameras.

I agree with what the person above me said. I have a TRV-900 and it works great for me. In some cases the picture quality is even better than higher models from the same company (VX-1000, PD-150)

I also agree with ebay. Just make sure you know what you're buying, and who you're buying from.

And one last thing: If you can possibly get a 3 CCD camera, go for it.

5. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    save up alittle more. $1,000 is a great start if you plan on saving up for a REALLY good camera.

I got the Canon Gl2 and I LooooooooooooVe it.

I'm very happy i waited alittle longer for some more money to come and didn't settle for anything less.

6. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'd also have to back up the Sony TRV900. It's a great camera. We use them in our production class, and I'm just thrilled with the quality they produce. Also, when you save up a little more money you can buy new lenses and all sorts of fun stuff like that.

7. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    BuyDig.com has decent satisfaction ratings and a very good price on the GL-2.

-Paul

8. SCOTT8539

SCOTT8539 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Im selling a JVC mini cam for 425.00
    model #gr-dvl120u had it for 5 months.+ the tripod and carring case with extra battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.