Time to Collect those Happy Thoughts Again

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Mar 18, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. hyperdyne Force Ghost

star 3
    Sarnia, glad to hear you are out of the hospital! I know how much they suck.

I hope you have a speedy recovery...

2. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    [:D]

[face_dancing] Glad to hear you're doing better!
  4. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    Again, thank you all for the great thoughts!!!

Now, any suggestions on who I can sell to raise money? Cause I can pay 40 dollars to see yet another hack neurologist or 1200 (my insurance should cover up to half of that eventually) to see one of the best specialized neurologists in the state.

lol

I decided I was done with hacks

lol

Thanks the maker for payment plans=)
  5. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Just got a call from my sister-in-law, and they are taking my niece Rowan to the hospital. She's been diagnosed with RSV and they need to give her a full workup to make sure she doesn't need to be admitted for observation. She's only 2 months old, so it's a little serious, but we're hoping it's not really that bad. My littlest one is pretty sturdy, but it's always scary when they have to hit the hospital.
  6. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Glad to hear you're doing better, Becca!

RSV is not good for little ones. Thoughts and prayers heading to your niece, ZOO!
  7. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll be on hospital duty tonight... Rowan was just admitted. :(
  8. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Baby's Home!

Doc came by a little before noon... Said her lungs were clear, the fever stayed down and her pulse/ox had been over 93 all morning, so he said she was good to go. My brother & sister-in-law wasted no time. Everyone is home and MUCH happier! [face_dancing]
  9. Jyn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Excellent, baby's in hospitals are heartbreaking.. we spent 4 days there with Sarah in Feb cause she had a fever and they had 2 contaminated blood cultures in a row.
  10. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm glad the little one is doing better. [:D]
  11. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    ok it isn't health issues...but i am need of some good thoughts.

i lost my job about a month ago...and it's been rough and such, however i have now hit the rock bottom financially. i am not asking for a hand-out or anything of the such. I am just scared to be honest with you kids.

i have been pretty busy with interviews and such...so that is a good thing!!!

i did have a few friends who have been kind and help me get my meds...so anywho sorry to be a whiner i just need some prayer or some happy thoughts or something.

thanks for your support guys...i guess being around for four years let's ya know who you can count on. :)

12. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    nananananana
    babababababa
    nananananana

hope things get better soon.

sounds odd but check craigs list allot. you would be shocked at how many people are on there looking at adds and posting them
  13. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry things arent going well for you......let us know if we can help. :)
    Good Thoughts coming your way.
  14. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i have been thanks for the thought...it actually has a lot of options.b

i just found out i have been denied unemployment insurance...my former boss is nothing short of an @$$.

i did have enuf for rent...thankfully. man i feel like such a looser. hahaha :(
  15. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Make an appeal for your unemployment. You most likely will get it, then.

Wish you the best of luck!
  16. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow that sucks, I am sorry, start looking everywhere for jobs. I know it is not the most ideal but Target is a good place to work. I worked there for over three years. They have good benifits.
  17. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Well.... my sister is being admissted to the hospital right now. She's 8 months pregnant, but had really high blood pressure. So first they'll try to get the BP down. Then figure out of they induce.

But it is complicated because she has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. We have always been concerned about her getting pregnant in the first place, and whether her or the baby would survive any of it. Everything has been good so far, but today could be the day we find out for sure.

We would appreciate any and all prayers and happy thoughts her way. Her name is Kim, and baby is Dariyan Royce.

Thanks!
  18. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no, I'm sorry I will keep her and the baby in my thoughts. :)
  19. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5

I don't know if ya'll know this but I did get a certificate from Mountain States Employers Council for handling unemployment claims. I would definately appeal the denial. During the appeal hearing, keep in mind they base their decisions on
    documentable evidence (some evidence is supplied initially for them to make a decision but more is provided at the hearing.) I would pay carefull attention to what the reason for denial was so you can prepare your rebuttal at the hearing. Keep in mind that any emails between you and your supervisor, anything in your file, timesheets, any performance measure, any memos, and testimony can all be used at a hearing. Don't interrupt during the hearing and refute what is said as best you can without getting emotional (ie That could not have happened as I was not in the office that day and here are my plane tickets as opposed to he is lying cause he doesn't like me that is impossible!) I that is the best I can come up with right now. I used to handle multiple claims a week as well as many hearings when I worked in staffing.

Also, when I was out of work and I needed food (cause smeg it all one has to eat.) I would go to social services and almost always walked away with a bag or two of food. I also applied for food stamps, wich are easier to use than I thought. The card is just like a debit card. You know when the card swiper asks you how you want to pay and gives you the choice of Debit, Credit, or EBT (I think that is it?) The EBT is for the food stamps.

Good luck

EDIT: I forgot, your unemployment bank only has so much in it for any given timeperiod as well. And that amount only gets refreshed as you work. So if you have been on unemployment more than once in any given year or so you might not get as much as before because there is only a limited pool of money available. I could give you detailed accounting of how this is determined but I don't think any one wants to read that.
  20. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    Prayers and thoughts your family's way.
  21. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    It must be working, because her BP is going down, and they are not going to induce at this time. :D
  22. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yikes, I missed a whole bunch here.

Zoo - I'm glad your niece is ok! I understand how difficult it is to have little babies in the hospital. My nephew Andrew had heart surgery when he was 6mo, and the experience was tramatic all-around, to say the least.

OW - I'm glad that things are going better for your sister! I'll keep my fingers crossed that things go well for the final month.

Nnay - ack. I hope that you're able to sucessfully appeal the denial, or better yet, that you find a new position (better one!) very soon! Have you thought about signing up for a temp agency, just to get some work and a little income, while you're looking for a more permanent position?
  23. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    I need some good thoughts....

My sister's baby has been admitted to the hospital. He is only a little over a week old, and his oxygen level is not where it should be. They have run a bunch of tests and are awaiting the results....
    As of right now he is ok, on oxygen and nursing which is a good sign.
  24. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    OMG, so sorry to hear that. These kids need to get tougher :p

Hope all goes well.
  25. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby