Time to Collect those Happy Thoughts Again

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Mar 18, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
  2. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We are in negotiations to purchase the house next door. The price is right, please wish us luck. [face_praying]
  3. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Well good luck, hope all will work out.
  4. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We put in our offer this afternoon. There is already one offer ahead of ours. Keep those fingers crossed. [face_worried]
  5. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    happy thoughts for ya. let me know if ya need any knees broken to get the house!

is this house for you or the whole family?
  6. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  7. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    Well then, you just gotta get it if it's just the two of you!

Fingers Crossed! Arms Crossed! Legs Crossed! Eyes Crossed!!! Ooooooo, ouch that hurts after a while. 8-}

I really hope you get it Mistress!
  8. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
  9. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Hope all is going well. Our there many homes going for that price in P-Town? If so, maybe we should look for one [face_thinking]
  10. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Yes, there are several. Average listing price for a foreclosed home seems to be around 50,000. Of course, mine is cheaper, but also needs more work. Good thing is, we can do most of it...floor joist repair, FTW! We'll prolly only have to contract an electrician and possibly a plumber.

And I fully endorse your remotely possible relocation. :D
  11. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    dh & I could become P-Town SlumLords at those prices [face_laugh]

We are looking for something with land or just land for our GOLDEN YEARS or to just go out & paintball each other.
  12. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Financing was approved...so now we sit and wait to hear if our offer was accepted. [face_worried]
  13. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    YAY!!!! good luck on the offer.
  14. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's hoping, Mistress! Fingers crossed. [face_praying]
  15. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
  16. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
  17. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We had the home inspection yesterday and there were a few surprises. We knew there were sagging floors and thought it was a couple of broken floor joists which we could repair. Turns out there are places in the stone wall that the joists sit on where the stone has crumbled and the joists are unsupported. Ca-ching. We were told the furnace had been recently replaced. Turns out it was, but was replaced by a furnace almost as old as I am. And btw, it doesnt work. Ca-ching. Due to roofing code, the roof would have to be taken down (thru 4 layers) to the rafters and resheathed. CA-CHING. We are trying to get the bank to make concessions, but in foreclosed AS-IS properties that can be difficult. Did I mention the illegal wiring, the gas leak and the busted water pipes? [face_beatup]

We are getting estimates on the floors and roof monday. If the bank doesnt come down and the bids exceed our remodeling budget we have until friday to pull out and get our earnest money back. *sigh*
  18. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    thank God for inspectors!
  19. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Keep those fingers and toes crossed... I have to fly in through DFW tomorrow, and with Gustav bearing down, this could get VERY interesting. [face_worried]

I do, however, have lodging in either place, should the need arise. But your happy thoughts would still be greatly appreciated.

Also, my good friend Ed (Industrial Sized Ed) could use your happy thoughts for his family, since they are some of the people being evacuated from New Orleans.
  20. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just got off of the phone with Rachel (RDT) and she is in the hospital. She wants everyone to know that she is okay, but she has blood clots in both lungs and a touch of pneumonia. Lets all keep her and PJosh, Ewok and Bug in our thoughts.

Feel better soon, RDT!!! [:D]
  21. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    sending positive vibes....

nananana...babababba...nananananananana
  22. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    Feel better soon sweetie [:D]

And remember to give yourself time to heal properly, I know it will seem slow and annoying, but it is worth it in the long run!
  23. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no! I hope you get better soon.
  24. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yikes! :( RDT, I hope that you get better soon!
  25. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Thanks for the good vibes, I'm still in the hospital, but mainly they are just babysitting me and waiting for my blood to thin out enough. Hopefully they will let me out today, now that I'm all set up to do work...

o_O
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby