main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Time to get off of our collective @sses!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Motterman, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    I can't go either, I'm afraid. Most of my money went for a plane ticket to London for the first week of March. (Hey, it's my first time on a plane, and I decided to cross the Atlantic! How foolhardy can you get?)

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Kind of a long first flight, huh. I went to Paris and London about two years ago. I absolutely loved each city.

3. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Those Hornblower movies on A&E kicked ass. I love English Premier League Soccer (Manchester United is my fave)

By the way, We now have a date and place, if we can nail down the time, we can send TFN an alert to post details on their FanForce page about our first meeting!

4. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I thought we already had a time, 1:00 p. m.
    what is the place, VS?

Luke, dingbat, I work in a planetarium, it has to be dark, get your mind outta the gutter.

5. Senator_Jedi

Senator_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Hi, I was reading your posts and am interested in joining up with you guys, because of my job, I won't be able to join you on the 9th, and also, I'm already committed to seeing it at the Senator (unless for some reason they don't show it there -in all likelyhood they will, though- in which case, I'd be happy to field alternative sites). I have a posting under the subject "The Senator Theatre" if anyone's interested. If not, I hope your expierence is fun and enjoyable wherever you see it.

6. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Well, I work in an office environment. So I do my best work under the steady glow of fluorescent lighting.

7. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Isbeth: I tried to fish it out one time, but the rest of me just got pulled in. I find it's best to just let it float there and hope it surfaces now and again. :p :)

Anyhow, I do remember that we set a date and time, it was just the place that we had not come to a decision on. I'm afraid that the only places I know for sure are at WM are Teusday's (in the mall), Olive Garden and Red Lobster. If anyone knows of other places in and around the mall, feel free to add them to the list to choose from.

I have another question. How are we going to identify ourselves to each other? Secret handshake? Name-tags? Walk up to soneone and say: "You can lead a horse to water" with a reply of "Only if you keep your nose to the grindstone"?

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I will not be seen at a table with anyone dressed up like a Wookie. I'm not kidding. I'll be checking you all out from afar. A tee shirt is fine, but no Yoda's. You got it? 8-} And I'll be the only Sith lord in the mall. I'll be the one with the lit red lightsaber.

9. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Wookie? Not me! I'll be the tallest Ewok around :p

A Star Wars t-shirt is a good idea. I think it would be more than coincidence that a bunch of people are showing up in the same place with those shirts on.

10. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    OK,

Saturday - February 9th, 1:00pm at Tuesday's in the White Marsh Mall.

Star Wars - related T-shirts for positive identification.

I'll start a new thread with the info...

11. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Sounds like a plan! I think we should meet in the front, get a count, then get a table.

12. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Sounds ok, I shop better on a full stomach,
    but I have no idea where the White March Mall is. Someone PM me with directions.

Do you mean Ruby Tuesday's?

What if you don't have a Star Wars t-shirt?

13. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    If you don't have a Star Wars shirt, look for the group of people hanging out who do have them. :p

14. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Isbeth, check your PM's. I sent you general directions..

15. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    How about if I show up with cinammon buns attached to the side of my head? :D

What happens after Ruby Tuesday's? A field trip to Victoria's Secret? (Sure, let's start that all over again!)

16. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    Sure we can go to Victoria's Secret. Maybe we can find a metal bikini like Leia's in ROTJ that Isbeth can model for the group...

17. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    DerthNader, What can I say about a woman who is willing to start that mess all over again?

...welcome to the party!!! :D

18. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    Is this a Jabba's palace kind of party, or an Ewok kind?

If it's a Jabba kind, I'll have to decide between my Mandalorian armor, and my Twi'lek getup.

If it's an Ewok one, my religion strictly forbids me from eating roast Corellian. :D

19. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Isbeth: If I can accurately guage the general mindset of the community here (and I think the facination with VS clinches it - not that I am admitting to such a thing :D ), then I would say the vote is Jabba's Palace party. As for your outfit, I leave that to you. :)

20. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    You must have Isbeth on the brain, and on something else...:D. It wasn't her who posted about the party...look up above, not down below (SHEESH!).

21. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    D'oh! I had just finished PMing her the directions to White Marsh. What can I say, it's been a rough web day (the 'net conncetion for my company went down for a bit - oh what fun when you're IT). Anyhow, a million thousand pardons to all involved.

EDIT: I forgot what I was going to say. Looks like one of "those" days. At least I can go home, complain and get sympathy from my wife. Oh, well. I guess I should get back to what they pay me to do here.

22. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey Motterman, About that medal bikini, I think it should be your job to give ideas to keep this group together, not scare them away! [face_laugh]

Luke would you like me and Derth to wear name tags so you can tell us apart?

Are we on the "official Fan Force" annoucement board yet?

If somebody can, bring a camera so we can document this historic (histaric?) get
    together and post it with our account on the Fan Force official news site. Baltimore makes history. Isbeth, Carrie Fisher clone,
    film at 11:00! Hey get rid of those cinnamon buns, you're attracting flies.

23. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    I already e-mailed the FanForce person about our meeting time and place and asked for help/suggestions in getting the word out. Hopefully we'll get a plug on the website. :cool: I've reviewed the criteria on how to become an official FanForce Chapter. It seems we will need to nominate a City Representative (CR). Here is what the FanForce FAQ has to say:

CR's are responsible for representing their chapter and its interests.

A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter. However, if a group has not yet become a recognized chapter, they may still elect someone to represent them and their interests until said group becomes official.

24. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter.

Well, that takes me out of the race. ;)

25. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    The name tags might be a good idea, Isbeth. My guttermind can't keep anything straight :)

I'll try to wrangle my wife's digital camera for the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.