main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Time to Harden your Arteries

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by vaderisone, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    WOBDZ: I hate the playland, its smells and its sucks. Its like going through the city dump.

2. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    It was a nice playland, just some not-so-nice kids, which happens, but the parents should do more about it. Not that my kid has never hurt anyone, but we make him apologize and discipline him.

3. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

Sorry for your bad experience, I had a great time myself, of course I didn't get gouged.

4. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I feel a lot better now... so proud of my son.

He woke up from his nap and sat on my lap and said "that mean girl isn't always a bad girl, she could be a nice girl. and she's really good at going down the slide," and he smiled. (melted my heart) I told him I'm so proud of him for looking for the good in her and saying something nice about her (unlike his Mommy).

5. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    See a player

6. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    lol, no, he just showed me he's a bigger person than I am

7. JediMasterDerek

JediMasterDerek Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2005
    Sorry I let them in!

"Bad kids they are. Candy, they will get not."

JMD

8. Yakadoo42

Yakadoo42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    I didnt know that Burger King on Grape had a play land :), I don't usually get up to that one. Yeah, unfortunately still Wicketless:(, I have Yoda and one of the ships (can't remember which one right now). I'll trade ya one of those for your Wicket VIO if you really want to let me have it :). Hope you all have fun at the movie tonight.

9. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Wicket is yours, I actually left it to the side just for ya. As for me I will take a trade of the ship or Yoda, let me now how you want to make the exchange. This Friday tomorrow night a group is getting together at Macri's for SW trivia at 5:30 on the NTN network so come if you can :)

10. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Extras we have so far

Wicket
    Millenium Falcoln (reserved for VIO)
    Yoda
    R2
    Han Solo - we have two extras, unless they'll let me exchange

11. Yakadoo42

May 17, 2002
    Oh thanks :). Actually I have to close on Friday at work, so won't be able to do that :(. Come by Fazolis sometime, I'll trade ya and give you some breadsticks. Macri's is awesome!, get the Nachos Grande, it's the best :)

WOBDZ: the Burger King on Lasalle downtown, let me trade for a different one today when I got a second Yoda. Maybe they will let you trade your extra.

12. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    WOBDZ....please hold on to some of those, I may need them, of course I am off to BK today

13. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    This week starts the third wave of Super-D toys at BK. Included in this set is Obi-Wan (viewer). If anyone happens to get an extra Obi-Wan please hang onto it -- I want to be sure I get at least an Obi-Wan of those available this week.

Also in this group is Padmé Amidala (Wind-Up), Podracer (Pull-Back), Jawa (Plush), Emperor Palpatine (Water Squirter), and of course, Darth Vader.

JMD

14. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Hmm, sounds like it's time to head back to Burger King (wearing armor, lol) and see which ones we can snag out of the 5. So far we're very lucky, we have a complete set for each week.

15. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I have scored a Vader but in the most unusual of circumstances. Our neighbor kid had his 5 y/o birthday party yesterday and I took my son. It had a SW theme and the 5 y/o grandmother is a collector (my wife told me of everything) of SW toys and memoralbilia. She brought some of her collection to decorate the house. She had a wide varray of figures and posters anywere from vintage to recent BK toys.

Well, there it was a Vader. I asked how she got it. She related whe had taken her grandson for toys and they allowed him to pick what he wanted. Well he picked two vaders that day. He had opened the one and the other was at her house still in package and she offered it to me.

Life is good, she also recommended Good Will just after the promo as most fast food chains in town donate their toys that haven't been given out.

16. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    geez, VIO, don't you feel bad? I mean taking from someone's Grandma? All so you can complete your collection of plastic toys. :p

17. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Actually she knew it was somewhat valuable and offered it freely. I felt much better than that then trying to steal one of the figures from the party

18. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Well, I guess I should have waited a day or two... we got our pick today, and got all duplicates, but at least I got to trade the 2 Han Solo's in too.
    So, our duplicate list has grown...

Set #1
    1 - Wicket
    1 - Millenium Falcoln (reserved for VIO)

Set #2
    2 - Darth Maul
    1 - X-wing
    1 - Chewbacca
    2 - Yoda
    2 - R2

19. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Yakadoo, are you working this Friday I will be with my kids and probably going to BK to try to score some figures. Very easy for me to drop off a little ewok to you!

20. Yakadoo42

May 17, 2002
    yeah I'll be closing on Friday :) so I'll be there all night. I'll probally be in drive thru. Thanks.

21. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    woo-hoo!!! I have the 3rd set now. The same guy that gave me the Vader last week. He just took one look at the receipt (I jedi-sized my dad's meal too) and looked up and saw me and just asked "so which ones do you want now?" and went back to the box and dug out all 5 new ones. YEAH!!!

22. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Can I go to lunch with you?

Sheesh!

:)

JMD

23. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    lol, it only takes one trip to encompass all 5

we get 4 just between me and the boys, so if BDZ goes or my Grandma or someone, we easily get more than enough toys.

woo-hoo! The guy on Portage is real nice about it, he asks which ones we want.

24. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Problem here JMD is we are Jedi or Sith depending on your point of view not a Jediette, I believe that this is what is happening

25. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Indeed. I think she has mastered the Jediette Mind Trick.

:)

JMD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.