main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Time to have a NZFF meeting

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey guys! Just think we need to sort a few issues out here so i'm keen to have a bit of a discussion about what's going on CR wise, what people want and a resolution in finding a new CR.

If we can I would like to keep this thread on topic, sensible and open to anyone who would like to voice their opinion or ideas.

A few things we need to organise are:

* Do you want a North Island Rep?
    * Do you want an Auckland City Rep?
    * Who is keen on taking either position or maybe both?

Please let us know what you want.

---------------------------
    My 5c.
    I don't actually mind whether we have a North Island rep or an Auckland Rep but i'd recommend that the positions are one in the same.
    I've read that Kitt is more than happy to become the Auckland Rep and i'm more than happy to see that as I know Kitt will do an excellent job.
    I propose Kitt that you consider the North Island position as well but it's not essential. Up to you.

If anyone else would like to be nominated please come forward. After ALL nominations are recieved we'll begin a poll in time to vote into the new position.

Thanks heaps, please feel free to have your say :)

Matt

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Personally I don't mind, as I'm probably more a Cantab now. I still nominate Buzz and Humble, but from what was discussed in the first thread it kinda seemed they didn't want to do it - without the rewards, and due to the majority of people being old farts in Auckland the get-to-gethers like we have down here in Chch wont occur. However, I think NZ kinda needs two reps, we've always had 2 (as long as I've been around). And I think Blue would really bring out Kitts eyes.

:p ;) :D

Just to clarify - I still nominate the ewok boys, if they want the job.

3. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Due to the fact kitt has mentioned she actually wants the job my nominations still with her, I think the north Island should have a rep, and as kitt an lil lisa have already gotten together maybe she can spur the rest of you into action!

4. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I would love to see Kitt being the Auckland rep. :)

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, when only one person wants the job... :D

And I think Kitt would be great.

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I like the idea of having only a NI CR, rather than one for NI and one for Auckland.

I guess its between Kitt, Bumble and Humble. I suggest first we hear it from them (whether or not they're keen) and maybe they can give a little speil like we did last time for SI CR.
    then we can have a poll.

7. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Oh boy! time for some speeches!

8. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Just to put it in the "official" record:
    I still think it's a bit silly having two CRs for so few of us here, but I'm not worried if someone else really wants to take over the "doing nothing".
    :)

9. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi, just got home and finished dinner (fish 'n chips!)

Ok, I just read over the stuff in the first CR thread. Talking about the North Island vs Auckland deal ... as I understand it, there are currently two 'official' New Zealand fanforce chapters - North Island and South Island.
    Someone can't be just the Auckland rep until such time as it as recognized as being a fanforce chapter.

If that's the deal, then I guess I'd have to be the North Island rep, but I do think having actual 'city reps' seems the best way to do it.

10. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    but you still want it, right?

11. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Yes, I'd be happy to do it. :cool:

12. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    It was never really intended to have two chapters for NZ due to our size but it seems to be that way now, which is cool because there are more people around.

The idea for two city reps is basically to just keep things as simple as possible. Have a Nth Island Rep to look after Nth Island stuff and Sth Island to look after Sth Island. I know it prolly seems like you don't need a rep at all really but there are a few policies that we need to try and keep as we are under the FF banner. Keeps the big heavies happy at FF and helps with communicating with them when required.

So Kitt if your Happy to be the Nth Island/Akld Rep and no one else has come forward then I guess we just get people say a yay or a nay.

I give you my vote of cofidence :)

13. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    well you've got my vote Kitt!

14. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    We must remember the rules

where would we be with out rules

So Kitt we need a speech

Something to inspire us from the Northern Clan

15. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Oh and don't forget the bribes and kickbacks :)

16. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    And a going away present for me! :D

17. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    if we do go with kitt (who seems keen and should do a good job) i think it should be as an Auckland rep, not a NI rep............cos lets face it, its more of a local arrangement, there isn't any real NI "community" just as there isn't any SI community.........its all based around the cities, and the country, not the islands .......lets not go giving titles for imaginary positions.........plus it leaves the door open if any other NZ cities gather sufficient interest to create a city chapter

18. Enapie

Enapie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2002
    If that's the case then shouldn't Darth Graal be Canterbury Rep instead of South Island Rep?

19. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    I think we should just keep going the way things are, NI rep & SI rep, why change it now. maybe if other centers have a strong need or urge to have a city rep then we can change it.
    By the way has anyone seen or heard from darth sebious lately?

20. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    keep itr the same

21. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Kitt gets my vote of confidence too. :D

22. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i dunno, i may havet he whole CR rep job description confused, but isn't it to organise local fan stuff........seems that is something that only occurs on a city not island basis at this stage.........of course there is nothing wrong with assuming more than one role.......could have one of the CRs also being NZ CR as well.........

23. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, the CR is supposed to orgnaise meet-ups, etc. (if their follow chapter members want to), but here we have the proper Star wars NZ club which does that, so the CR's job for us is really just as a liaison to the FanForce/ForceNet higher ups ... at least as far as I understand it. :)

24. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    fanforce faq - that might clear up a few things ... from what I can gather from that, we have to have three advertised get togethers before an individual city can be recognized as a fanforce.

A speech, huh? Give me a few weeks to write it ;) Thanks for your support, guys.

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, see, I told you ... CR's do absolutely nothing. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.