main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Time to Vote.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    St. Patty's Day as a holiday.

OF COURSE!!!!!

http://www.guinnessvote.ca/

2. ambermoore45

ambermoore45 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2003
    I agree and i think St. Patty's day should be a holiday. I can sure use an extra day off from school !

Ciao -xxx-

3. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Personnaly I would like two days of holiday, one to drinking one to recover :p

4. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Recover. Real men need no second day to recover. Simply a second day to show up at the bar and see who lived through the night.

5. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Recovering is basically finding your way home. Bar hopping all day is tough on your sense of direction :p

6. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Already Voted!!!

Gotta love any day that allows me to celebrate being of both Canadian Citizenship and Irish Hertiage.

And making all you none Irish people stay away from work...that just makes it more fun.

7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Agree with Ducker I must.. yesss

Voted, I hop I'll win, if I do, Ducker, we'll be going to New-York City for St-Patty's day :D

8. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Don't you just love posts that you didn't post, yet they were posted?

9. Bolton

Bolton Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    St. Patrick

Althouh they would probably make Rememberance Day a holiday first, I think we need one earlier in the year like St. Patrick's Day to give us some rest in the dead of winter.

Ideally, I would make it St. Valentine's Day... we need one in February!!

St. Valentine

10. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    St. Valentines day is marketed to much by Hallmark. It has little, next to no chance on making it as an offical holiday.

St Patty's day has more Irish history towards the day. People will Sing songs of their heritage.. if they arn't to drunk. (r possibly if they are).

Sticking to patty's day.

11. Bolton

Bolton Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    I agree with you 100%, sw-starwarsfreakness... I don't think that they will ever make St. V's a holiday.

However, in this multicultural country, I doubt they would make an ethnic holiday like St. P's a national holiday. (Although as someone who also has an Irish heritage, I would love it... :))

I just think that since February is such a low point for people emotionally that a holiday would be helpful... St. V's being the most likely candidate if there was one!! [face_love] [face_love]

I'm just happy we have the Irish shamrock on the flag of Montreal and on Canada's coat of arms (which also has the Irish harp used by Guinness)!!

[image=http://www.fotw.ca/images/ca-qc-mr.gif]

Canada's coat of arms

[image=http://www.fotw.ca/images/ie-stpat.gif]

St. Patrick's Cross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.