main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Time travelling?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Braxus, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    I've thought about the rumours of the original trio signing on for ST. According to my sources, EPVII will be close after Battle of Endor in timeline, which lead me to believe it's highly unlikely that Ford for instance will be portraying Han Solo. My guess is that the original trio will show up in cameo roles, like Ford portraiting the eldely Corellian senator, Hamill being the junk dealer at Tatooine etc .

But what if they introduced time travelling in the SW universe? (Not sure if the EU already introduced it.) Then it would be possible to do something like they did in the Star Trek movie, when Leonard Nimoy showed up as an older Spock. This way they could create the young Organa/Skywalker/Solo in CGI and then let these characters meet their older versions, portraited by Fisher/Hamill/Ford. Sounds cool if you ask me.

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    No. Plain no. I am sorry. No. Not at all. I hate time-travel.

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm curious, Braxus, can you tell us anything about your sources? Who they are or just how they would be in a position to know anything like this? I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility for Mark, Harrison and Carrie to play other roles, but talk about a surefire way to piss off a huge number of folks and generate a massive backlash as Disney begins their Star Wars journey. I just don't see it as very likely.

Personally, I find the idea of time travel in the SW galaxy repugnant (at least in any form I've heard suggested or that I can come up with).

5. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I highly doubt that, certainly if the ST is going to star a new generation of Skywalkers. It doesn't make sense for the ST to begin shortly after RotJ.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Reminds me of Star Trek 2009

7. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Prepare for lots of "absolutely not" replies. The Abrams neigh-sayers are very worried about this.

8. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    Time travel has already been done in the EU. I don't think we'll see time travel in the ST tho. If the Big 3 are signed on, then we will most likely be getting a story further down the timeline. Prolly more like 30-40 yrs after RotJ...

9. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Also the Common Sense community, the tribunal of Taste, and the symposium of Sanity.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Reminds me of "Padme is Boba Fett" and "Darth Sidious is Palpatine's clone." 8-}

11. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012
    I'm still petitioning the symposium for membership, but they keep sending me rejection letters.

Jedi_Matt and LawJedi like this.
  12. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    Braxus doesnt have sources. This is the guy who started another stupid thread with his theory that Mace Windu hid inside C3PO's suit for 40 years. You would do well to ignore anything he says about anything.

13. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
  14. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Thanks, but I just thought that if folks began to call the guy on it...

15. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Why timtravel back to the end of ROTJ? Instead they should timetravel back to TPM & say hey don't elect this dude chancellor, he's a sithlord. That way they could save the galaxy a lot of trouble.:p

16. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for good measure:
    [​IMG]

17. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    You have to split the facts from the theories. The Mace/3PO angle was something I made up myself, way before the ROTS script leaked. It's just a theory or an idea for a plot. The only thing I know for sure is that EPVII will be close to ROTJ in time line, hence the time travel theory if the original cast is going to portrait their original characters. I still think it's more likely the characters will be CGI, while the actors will do cameos.

18. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Time Travel in STAR WARS?.......... [​IMG]

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    As long as they do it with some style.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Boy, you are just full of wonderful ideas, aren't you? I'm really starting to wonder why they didn't hire you to write the script.

21. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    You dont have sources and we all know it. Any genuine sources - people who actually know details about the plot of these movies - would not associate with the kind of person who could come up with a theory as ridiculous as your Mace Windu/C3PO theory.

22. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012
    This.

Time-travel can be a bit of a trap/cliche, but done right it can be fun and thought-provoking. While I think they'd do well to tread lightly with this plot device, I'm not the kind of fanboy that dismisses something before I actually see it.

Episode Swag likes this.
  23. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i don't care what anybody says, braxus. you're a good man in my book.

Episode Swag and Braxus like this.
  24. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Is this all just one big oldby hazing riitual for the Ep. 7 forum?

25. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    Let's not make this thread a flame war. You are entitled to your opinion, peace!