main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Timeline note on NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mavrick889, Oct 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Because there is no real, hard evidence that says that humans are pregnant for 9 Standard Months.

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    these boards are acting rather strangely...

3. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "Because there is no real, hard evidence that says that humans are pregnant for 9 Standard Months."

WHAT!?

Is Luke saying it not hard enough for you?????

4. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Sorry to have been absent from this discussion. I had to go out with an old friend for a while. ([Jedi] Knight in shining armor bit. :))

Bib, you have yet to present one shred of proof behind your argument. You have simply stated your opinion as if it were a fact. As I cited earlier, a quote that you referenced supports the 9 month argument, not the 7.5 month argument. If you are going to accept that quote as valid for dating purposes, then you must also accept that it was valid for defining the length of a pregnancy.

I notice that you are starting to use the "different months" argument. As I recall, you pretty much rejected that argument when I interjected it into a previous discussion on this topic. Since then, I have reread most of the relevant novels and have realized that I was wrong. In the context that both Luke and Leia used the term month, it would be wrong to assume that they were speaking of anything but the common time reference.

You are trying to correct a time discrepancy that does not exist. Where does it say when Mara or Leia became pregnant in such-and-such month? For all you know, it could have happened much earlier than you are assuming? It does nothing to change your timeline.

The closest you could possibly infer from Lukes comment is that a pregnancy lasts at least 8 months. Mara was in her final month (we don't know exactly when in her final month) and the toxins had been building for 8 months. There is no way to reconcile that statement with a 7.5 month pregnancy.

Also, your comments that the humans in the GFFA are exactly the same as terrestrial humans has no firm basis. You are basing it completely off of appearance. How many species shown in other Sci-Fi series look almost exactly like humans? Who are you to say that they are 100% identical to terrestrial humans?

Kimball Kinnison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.