main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Timeline of the trilogies

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by gregvader123, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    so....you want the legacy comics made into film?

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    My guess is that the ST will take place about 30 years after ROTJ.

Then there will be a 1-2 year gap between each episode. (In the story I mean.) Although that particular point is anyone's guess! Did anyone know while Episode I was in preproduction that Episode II would take place 10 years afterward? My point is we could see any gap of timeframe. For all we know, now that I think of it, there could even be a 20-30 year gap between VII and VIII, or VIII and IX! Total mindblow!! [face_hypnotized]

I for one would like to see a Lord of the Rings-style continuation of one story, one episode leading immediately into the other, the next one picking up right were the previous one left off...That could be interesting.

3. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Yes I remember reading about the ten year gap between I an II before TPM came out.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Wow, people knew about that before TPM even began filming?

Interesting.

5. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Actually, the more I think about it, I may have read it in that Star Wars magazine, what was it called? Star Wars Insider?

6. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    That's the name.

7. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I think that E7 will be set 32 years after Jedi, and I base that only on the fact that 35 real world years will have passed between the release of Jedi and E7 ;).

8. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Yeah I think Lucas decided to make the next trilogy when he sat down with Hamill and Fisher and saw their liver-spots up close and realized it was now or never. Unless he wants to remake The Mummy instead.

DARTH_BELO likes this.