main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Times Apart* A song fic featuring Booster and Mirax

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Calandria, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Title: Times Apart
    Author: Calandria
    Genre: Song fic
    Characters: Booster Terrik, Mirax Terrik
    Time Frame: post ROTJ
    Summary: just a short father-daughter moment
    Note: song lyrics for Still a Man by Vaya Con Dios

... usual disclaimers apply...

A/Nthis is 100% un betaed... you can blame it all on me... I really should find myself a reliable beta one day... or become more reliable in sending posties in :p

oh and... am a feedback junky :D

Still A Man...

Booster Terrik, one time smuggler and now broker for his friends, stood waiting on the space port of some god forsaken world. He'd been here for several days, working out a deal for a former business associate of his. Only reason he was doing him the favor was who he was bidding against. That particular festering pile of bantha droppings deserved what he was getting, namely a throughout lesson in bartering. But that wasn't why he was standing out here in the drizzling rain. Few things could get him to leave his warm hotel room to stand outside like this for over an hour. With a sigh he again checked his chrono. She was running late. Knowing his sharp tongued daughter, she'll give him hell for not going to shelter somewhere, leaving her a message. But he wanted to be here when she stepped of the Pulsar Skate. His baby was dropping by to see him.

Call him anything you can
    A sinner or a saint
    Call him a boozer
    A winner or a loser
    He's still a man

Mirax Terrik, heir to Booster's smuggling empirum, checked her systems again. Had the fuel pump not burst a mere hour out of her last port of call, she'd have been in serious trouble. At least help was close by, without spare parts on board it would have been a tough call. Result, she was over three hours late for the appointment with her father. She hated being late. If he'd answered his comn, she might have warned him not to wait. Shrugging she lined up for her approach on the force forsaken world he'd chosen to play around on. Since he'd gotten off of Kessel she'd seen him enough times to count on one hand, somehow they never managed to find their way to the same plot of the galaxy.

He may be proud
    He may be vain
    An emperor or a slave
    He may be a leader
    A liar and a cheater
    He's still man

?Mirax? He engulfed his little girl into a bear hug, a broad grin lighting his face. She smiled that smile that could take his breath away and move him to tears. So much like her mother. Suddenly she stepped back with dark storm clouds in her eyes.

?Don't tell me you've been standing out here the whole time?? He just smiled. It was good to see her. ?Father...? her menacing growl made him throw up his hands with laughter.

?If Kessel couldn't kill me, then this sure as hell can't.? With a sigh, she looped her arm through his and together they strolled from the space port.

?So what brings you to this place??

?A little favor to an old friend? She looked at him with those sharp eyes that seemed to see right through him, to the very core of him.

He may be pulling on the chains
    Of power and of fame
    He may have lost his dreams
    He may have lost his faith
    Fearful or brave
    He'll meet his fate one day

In his mind's eyes he could still see her, all of five years old, reaching him a hydrospanner as he tinkered with the Pulsar Skate. The child like laughter of glee from back then seemed to haunt him. How much he missed those care free days in which she worshiped him. He was her hero back then. Now? Now he was only an occasional figure to show up in her life. He missed the time with her as his sidekick. If he could, he'd kill the bastard that sent him to Kessel and took him away from watching his daughter grow up to be a woman.

?What's wrong father?? Suddenly he realized that a few stray tears slid down his cheeks.

?Nothing, just the rain? Silently she hugged him, a knowing smile on her lips.

Call him anything you can
    A traitor or a friend
    Call him a

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww!! [face_love]

Master, that's sooo cute...

*hugs it*

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

PRECIOUS!!! :D

:D :D :D :D

3. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Jaid

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww!!

Master, that's sooo cute...

*hugs it*

:D like it? I was gonna type up another one... about mother daughter relationships... but couldn't find the right song just yet... I'm sure you'll love that one too :D

PRECIOUS!!!

:D

*tickles*

:p

4. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Tickles?... *gulp*.... T-t-ti-tic-tickl-les??????

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!

*squirms*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And you're right, I'll love the mother/daughter one. :D Just don't use my mother and myself for the relationship style... :p

5. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    And you're right, I'll love the mother/daughter one. Just don't use my mother and myself for the relationship style...

err dang it... now I need to re write it... :p

6. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

err dang it... now I need to re write it...

*freezes* Tell me you're kidding... :(

7. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003

*freezes* Tell me you're kidding...

do you really think I'd do that to you? *rolls eyes*

8. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

do you really think I'd do that to you? *rolls eyes*

No, but you might if you were feeling evil.... *whimper*

9. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    No, but you might if you were feeling evil.... *whimper*

oh right... forgot about that... well don't worry... I won't... :D

10. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

oh right... forgot about that... well don't worry... I won't...

*laughs* [face_laugh] You?? Forget?? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I wish.... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.