main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

times you've been shocked by what came out of the pack.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Padawan716, Apr 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mendosa

Mendosa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2001
    First Pack ever (now this was wayback) I got an original black bordered starter pack. I got the original Leia... at the time I thought she was common or something.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I once pulled a Special Edition blank card. I ended up trading it for a Chewbacca Of Kashyyyk.

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Oops. You must have wanted to Wookie strangle something when the DSII starter deck lists were revealed ;-)

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, but I didn't mind. The blank card had no value to me whatsoever, so I would have traded it for just about anything.

5. crazydarkjedi

crazydarkjedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    I pulled a Commander Luke (btw, he's up for sale), Son of SW, wb obi wan, dvdlots all in one week..... I was the happiest person on earth that week :)

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's one question that's bugged me, Red- how could Chewie of Kasyyk (can't spell it, sorry) and General Solo remain rares after being placed in all DS2 starter sets? Wouldn't that hurt they're value?

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Yes, and it has. Only the die-hard collectors will seek out the Endor versions.

8. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    The only way you can tell is by looking at the print date, the DS2 has a 2000 print date while endor has a 1999 print date, I think.
    I've got foil han and DS2 han, guess which one I use in my deck, whenever I use him at all?

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Yes, the Endor versions of the cards in the DS2 starter decks have a 1999 copyright date on the side of the image. I've also noticed that the DS2 version of the Endor cards also seem to have a bit more of a reddish tint to the images than they do in their original prints. Only die-hard collectors (like myself) would really bother with such details. If you strictly play and don't collect, then don't lose any sleep thinking some other guy has some advantage over you, all Endor cards in the DS2 starter decks have the same lore and rules as they did in the original print.

Speaking of the DS2 starter decks, anybody else sorta at a loss as to how to classify Ackbar and Piett??? They're both listed as being rares but fixed so that every starter deck has one or the other of the two. I classify mine as rares and keep them with my other rares, but then another collector I know has plenty of them and treats them like any other common. What do you all classify them as???

10. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    In my first Special Edition pack, I got a Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith.

11. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I classify mine as Fixed, like the Special Edition Fixed cards.

12. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I call it fixed as I have multiples anyway, I'm more interested in getting the full ANH black border set, i'm missing two cards and then i'm there

13. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    My friend once bought a Premiere Starter Deck, got Vaders Lightsaber, then bought a Dark Special Edition Starter and pulled Darth Vader, DLOTS. My little bro. bought a Reflections, got a Bossk, Hounds Tooth, and a Bossk in Hounds Tooth. Me and another friend once went and bought 1 pack of premiere, I got Obi, he got Luke. And my little bro bought 1 pack of Death Star 2, got Lord Vader.

14. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    back in the day when BB ANH was hot, I got a box for Christmas. I opened a pack and noticed that I got Attack Run and DS: Trench in 1 pack. I was like, damn thats cool that decipher puts the 2 cards together so you can use them right from the pack. I later found out that I had 2 rares, and I was like no trouble here :) 2 rares for the price of 1 :)

and today, I just finished opening my CASE of Tatooine (BTW...I have about 2 or 3 hundred extra rares to trade now if anyones interested) and in my very last pack I pulled....(keep in mind I already found 2 AIs in the box 3PO and Sebulba)....Obi-Wan AI. I was like wow, what a way to go...so now, I am only 1 card shy of having 3 complete AI sets (anyone want to trade me the Qui-Gon's Saber I need?) thanks for listening to my blabble!

15. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I brought a Enhanced CC and in the packs I got a Dark Side Lando And A Slave 1. I was thrilled to get my first main personality out of a pack in two years. Then a week later my mate brought 2 dark side SE Starters and pulled a vader outa each i was gutted.

16. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Just thought i'd mention that in the first pack of tatooine I have ever bought I pulled Maul, so I got another pack the day after, and got Qui Gon. Apparently I got the very bottom pack out of a box each time, dunno if that counts

17. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Let's seee....

First pack of Special Edition: Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Not too many pack after my first (special edition): Ben Kenobi

First Pack of Tattoine: Qui-Gon Jinn
    Second pack of tat (bought at the same time as the first): Padmè Naberie (or however it's speeled)

18. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    I pulled a Qui Gon from my 1st tatooine pack.
    I also pulled a Ben Kenobi from my 1st SE starter deck.

19. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    I seem to be having fairly decent luck with Tatooine... @ least the dark side. So far I've pulled 4 Aurra Sing's (one AI) and at least one of each of the other DS rares except Maul's Saber. Just today I bought
    three packs of Tatooine and got Anikan's Podracer, Watto and an AI Darth Maul.

Definately a good day. :)

Spud

20. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Geez, I haven't played this game in a while. In my third or fourth tournament, I pulled a WB Premiere Luke from a pack I bought just before the tourney began. Then after they divvyed up the packs, I picked up another WB Luke.

There was another time in a sealed deck tournament where I pulled Obi Wan and the Falcon.

When Dagobah released, the nearest shop that sold packs had them retailing $3.25!!! But I got one anyways and found Yoda. As I was about to leave, the store owner stops me and asks if I want this Star Wars card. I accept, and find it is a Son of Skywalker.

Then when Reflections first came out, I got a foil Obi Wan and a WB Obi Wan out of the same pack.

21. Ian_Vincent

Ian_Vincent Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    I must admit the SW blanks are quite funny, I wonder what D would do if a top player put one in their worlds deck [face_thinking]

My luck on card pulls has somewhat improved lately, I'd never pulled an UR until Voyager came out (I don't count my 1 Qui-Gon from DotF because there are two per print sheet). I've pulled 4 since then!
    (shame 3 of those were Pendari Champions ;-)

btw How come YJR has no text spoiler list on D's site yet. Isn't it out next week?

DT

22. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    We here at TFN will be providing the masses with the official YJR spoilers. And yes, the set releases this coming Wednesday, the 18th. It's a great set and I will be posting a box report later this weekend or Monday.

23. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    I'd have to say that the biggest shock of my CCG playing life was from a pack of R2 I didn't even buy.

I don't play SWCCG, my game is YJ, and in the holiday promotion, I ordered some location foils. Decipher sent me a Sith Probe Droid foil. I told them about the mistake, and they let me keep it, and sent me the location foils, including two I didn't even order, plus a pack of R2 for some reason. Inside, right next to a Death Star Assault Squadron, was a Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith!

24. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    My first pack of ANH had Chewbacca, my first CC had Captain Han, and my third CC had Princess Leia. My first RII pack had Arica. Otherwise, I haven't been all that lucky, until I opened YJ Reflections:

One pack had 2 Anakins, another had 2 Amidalas and another had BON Obi-1 and his lightsaber. Also, I got 3 or 4 extra foils from the earlier sets, and plenty of trade federation tanks.I also scored 3 Sith Lightsabers (different packs -D'UH)and at least 1 of every 'main (unless you count Yoda or Mace). There was also DM's Lightsaber. I think I was especially lucky in YJR. (My first pack had a German Padme)

On the "bad" side of shocked, I was annoyed when i got 2 Endor Scout Troopers in the one Endor pack. My first Endor pack. My third (or something like that) pack of Endor made up for it with a DOS.

25. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    First pack of Tatooine: Maul's Lightsaber (don't have a Maul yet, so this figures)
    Second pack: Qui-Gon and City Outskirts)
    Third pack: two podracers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.