main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

times you've been shocked by what came out of the pack.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Padawan716, Apr 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    My very first Tatooine pack was an AI Padme. :)

2. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    A couple of weeks ago, I went to get a couple Tatooine's, and needed 2 cards: Qui-Gon's Saber, and Sebulba, I bought 2 packs and got them both. First pack of Coruscant: Jedi Council Chamber.

3. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    This one should be under the subject: Times you've been shocked at how cheap a pack of cards was, but I really didn't want to start a new thread so here it is. I was going between classes today (at the community college here in town there are 3 campuses, 2 of which I attend) and I stopped at the mall to look around. Well I found myself at Babbages and found an action figure I'd wanted for sometime, but I hadn't been interested in the $10.99 price tag. But today it said $4.99, so I grabbed it. As I was waiting around for the cashier to finish with another customer, I figured I'd take a look and see if they had any SW cards. They had some DS 2, Tatooine and some Coruscant, but for $3.29/pack I wasn't interested since there's a place I can get them for $2.70 something. However, that wasn't what caught my eye. I looked up and saw that they had some YJ as well...and the pricing label read $.01! Well, surely they couldn't have been selling their YJ for only a penny a pack! Right?! WRONG! I left the store with 33 packs of YJ, 25 BoN and 8 DotF. Definately a great way to start the day!

Spud

4. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Cool Spud! During the summer while I was visiting Pikes Place Market in Seattle, I saw a bunch of Young Jedi Starter decks for $.99 but I decided I already had enough of those.

5. CoruscantCrisis

CoruscantCrisis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2001
    1st pack I ever got was a DSII with a Jedi test 6. Next day, bought several packs of Dagobah. Got Jedi tests 1,2, and 5. I also have 2 copies of a YJ foil podracer forgot which one.

6. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    Bought 1 RefII pack pulled a URF Lord Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi wb, boba fett cc and Luke Rebel scout

7. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I once bought a pack of Reflections II that was all uncommons and rares. Not a single common in the bunch. :eek:

Needless to say, I was pretty happy. :D

~*~Bria

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    My first Coruscant pack was a Mace. :)

9. RebelScum1

RebelScum1 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2001
    I bought 2 boxes of Tatooine and pulled 5 Darth Mauls and 2 Qui-Gon's. I also bought 3 boxes of Special Edition when it came out but didn't get 1 DVDLOTS. Later I bought 3rd anthology and finally got Vader!

10. Obi-Wan_Maul

Obi-Wan_Maul Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2001
    One week ago, i bought 4 packs of tatooine. the first pack i got a normal Qui-Gon Jinn.A good beginnig. The next i pulled a alternate threepio. The third one... an alternate Darth Maul. and the last one, it was a Normal Qui-Gon Jinn again. It was the first time of my life i was that lucky and i hope it wasn't the last time.

11. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    When I buy packs, the amount of luck throughout the purchase seems constant. I usually have some great luck mixed in with some horrendous luck (7 packs of JP with S&V in the middle, bookended by twin Saelt-Maraes), or average luck all around (Moff Jerjerrod and Visage in 2 packs of DSII). The biggest difference was when I first bought Special Edition. The first rare I got was a Darth Vader, Dark Lord Of The Sith out of my Dark Starter. The rest was junk like Dantooine Base or something.

On the other side of the coin, the WORST luck I ever had was in Jedi Knights. After buying 1 box, I had a good mix, with only 18 or so cards missing from the set. I figured another box ought to finish it off, with maybe 2 or so random cards that I could find in packs. A second box seemed promising at first. The first column yielded almost all new cards, 11 in fact. Then the 2nd and 3rd columns came. Not only were they all cards I already had, they were the same cards as each other. Two consecutive Figrin D'ans (who I already had from the first box anyway) were the worst of it. I figured I must have gotten one of those cursed boxes that had half from one sheet, half from another, and both the same half. The same happened to me once with a Hoth box, which yielded 11 U1 Hobbies, but not one Shawn Valdez of equal rarity. Needless to say, that JK box left me unsatisfied, so I went back for a few more packs. Two packs were easily afforded, and who stared up at me from them but...

Figrin D'an. In gold and silver foil. It's like he was mocking me. Oh sure, I had the grand luck of a gold foil and a silver foil in two packs. But the were my fourth and fifth Figrin D'ans. Two more packs to redeem my faith in the universe come up empty, with twin Greedo's Blaster Pistols. Thankfully not any more Figrin D'ans, or else I'm pretty sure I would have lost my mind on the spot, and everyone I saw would have looked like him, and I'd hear his damnable Cantina Song everywhere. Still, my third and fourth Greedo's Pistols were not welcome additions. The guy behind the counter was nice enough to exchange one of the packs for me. It ended up being something stupid, but at least my sanity was safe. Good thing he only exchanged ONE pack, or I'm sure it would have been twin Something Stupids.

12. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I pulled a luke out of the death star 2 seires i was like amaxed when i found out how much it was worth.

13. feiler

feiler Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    My best pull was on a Ref2 Booster with LSJK foil , Darh Vader DLOTS and Outer Rim Scout.it was incerdible!!
    Feiler

14. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Wow! That is quite the pull. I was just at a tourney this weekend and afterwards the R2 packs were handed out. However, before I opened it I finished a trade that included a foil Luke's Lightsaber. Wouldn't you know, when I opened my pack I ended up with a twin to go with it, not to mention a Japanese Anakin's Lightsaber and some other rare which accompanied The Virago and a Combo card. All-in-all, I was quite pleased.

Spud

15. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    One time at a convention, I was in a tournament that I had to leave early. The guy still gave me a prize, which was a pack of dagobah, and a pack of something else. On my way back up to the hotel room, I open the pack's up to sneak a peak, and I saw a yoda, I then pinched myself to make sure a wasn't dreaming...I've never had such good fortune....before that or after.

16. Jedi_Sledge_Hammer

Jedi_Sledge_Hammer Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2001
    I've got good stories, and I've got bad stories. They both involve boxes since early on I realized that buying by the pack was too expensive.

Premiere(Limited): No major characters or ships. My best card was the Tonnika Sisters.

Hoth: As about 7-8 of us split three cases, I received ZERO Cammander Luke Skywalker's. Everyone else got at least one, and think I had about 1/3 of all the boxes.

Special Edition: Three Darth Vader DLOTS in ONE BOX.

17. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    That's my kind of luck. The card I want the most in a set is ALWAYS the one I get last, unless it's a really crappy card people throw in the garbage and I can't find.

18. Vhaal

Vhaal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    My first ever pack was a LE BB Starter, and inside I found Han :)

Second ever pack was the UL WB 2 Player Game, which had a WB booster with it, and inside it got Darth Vader :D. Not had that kind of luck since

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.