main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Timing of Episode VII and the 3D releases of the OT

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DV75, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Only seeing Episode III in 3D.

2. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

i want to see the whole saga in the theater right before the release of e07. all 6 and then 7. I'd gladly sit 15 hrs and have my rump go numb, while my costume gives me a rash to achieve this. not to mention the adult onset diabetes I will contract. this differs very little from my everyday activity ;)

3. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    This makes very much sense. I'd say it this way - the ST has been planned since Lucas started working on ANH - and while there's been periods when it's coming-to-existence have been less likely, it's never been cancelled. The main questions might have been:
    post 1983 - GL: Do I really want to do this again?
    pre1991 - Do people still want more Star Wars?
    post 1999 - GL: Do I really want to do this again?
    post 2005 - GL - No, I don't want to do this again. Is there any way it can be made anyway?

My guess is that there went a few years after 2005 before Lucas started ot get an idea of what to do. It might have taken seven years, but it might as well have taken only half. After all, he's been in no hurry, SW was doing great, he could just let it roll and wait for the right moment. The word is taht Clone Wars inspired him to writing new on the ST - then again, CW the movie came in 2008 and has had to be in making since a couple of years before, so that doesn't give any clue.

4. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Ya 3d in theaters is strange. 3D games on my computers are super awesome. You can move a 'slider' to tweak it to your eye's focus and comfort level. The theater has a universal setting for everyone and I walk out of there feeling weird. Plus the effect is too exaggerated. Someone's arm is 3 feet long, not 25. It's like it's too subtle in the background then objects fly at your face unrealistically. On home theaters I think you can tone down the 3d effect, so I'd be curious about them on 3d at home at least.

5. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012

6. Jedi Master Kenobi

Jedi Master Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    Yeah the timings great, we could hopefully get the entire 3D OT in 2014, or perhaps they could leave RotJ until 2015 and could even show simultaneously with Ep 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Dude! Two words: Trench Run.

There's a theater near my house that ALWAYS has a marathon of old movies leading up to a sequel. Heck, they're playing all three LotR movies leading up to the Hobbit even though it's not a sequel. I can't freaking wait to do this for my beloved Star Wars.