TIMMYCON! planning thread / TC!2- The Return Of The Geeks!

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by Dork-Vader, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Lin: We talked with Joe Corroney about it briefly. He has "Empire #31" coming up in May, and he did the cover of the CIII Program.

And I understand what you mean by wanting to build less. I know what y'all go through to get that haunt up and going, and I'm sure that reducing it wouldn't hurt your feelings too much.
  2. Timewalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, did you say "Hi" to Joe for me, Tim?
    We've been frequenting the same message boards for a few years now, and he's a great guy. He would definitely be one of the people I would invite. Comic creators = no appearance fee + no autograph fee! They just usually want someone to pay their way.
    http://www.joecorroney.com

-Joe
  3. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Maybe this time I'll actually show up to TimmyCon. ><;

And if I do, I'll bring some prints of my Darth Maul charcoal.

Hey...gotta get my art out there somehow. *shrugs*

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
  4. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Go for it, Grace! Show off your stuff!
  5. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't know who would know you, Joe, or I would have said something. I talked to Joe Corroney and Jan Duursema and several others. I wish I had more money for posters and sketch cards--cool place--spent too much in there as it was. Jan said she would sign my issue #62 (the one that got me hooked on SW comics) if I sent it to her. :D 8)
  6. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Man, the art show had some incredible stuff. If we hadn't blown so much elsewhere, I would've gladly hit that room pretty hard.

I'd love to get some outside folks, but we'll have to watch out for who we can get for free, or at least extremely cheap. We'll still "The Little Con That Could", you know. :)
  7. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I know we'll have Antone and Janet with the new Shooting Star Jetta and SS Anthology books there, Adam and Penny with his BloodStream/Image books, Greg with some Buckets toons, Kevin with hopefully a new Muley comic (he and I are challenging each other to have a new comic out by TC!2), Dave (hopefully!) and I with the Bushi Tales comic (yes it WILL be out by then) and possible ninja kits, and hopefully a few other MSCA members manning the MSCA table. I'm inviting all the comic guys I know in town. Don't know if any of the comic shops in town would want to kick in to help get a comic guest here. They could do TC!2 and a comic shop signing while in town. I'll get with Todd and Pat and see if there is ANY kind of budget available for TC!2 this year. I'll also get in touch with DH to see what kind of promos we can get. Last I heard they don't do a lot of smaller shows. We'll see...
  8. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Asking never hurts, and asking is free.
  9. TK_1427 Jedi Knight

star 1
    All of you have fun. The new requirement of dues will prevent us from being able to participate.
  10. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Please see the SMT Dues thread.
  11. Timewalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, now that Lin has said TimmyCon 2 will be on Oct. 22, and we know where (is Nightmarez in the same location this year?), we need to work on a few more things.

1 - table space = how much room will we have for how many tables?

2 - table cost = are we giving away free table space again, first-come basis and bring your own table? or are we going to see about borrowing some tables and charging for space?

3 - admission = are we charging at the door this time?

4 - hours

While I would love to help with this part of the con, since I wasn't at the last con, I would be the last person to ask about any of this. We need someone who knows the layout of the place and who knows about the attendance last time.

Well then, Joe, what are you going to do?

I'm going to network, Joe. I'm going to contact some comic book dealers and gaming dealers who have frequented Memphis shows in the past or who have expressed an interest in TimmyCon. I'm also going ot put the word out to a few small press comic book creators and see if they would like to come and prmote their wares. But I can't do much until I know more about the space available, and the terms of the show.

Later,
    -Joe

12. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Right now, a lot of it depends on the Nightmarez location, since they have been generous enough to give us space in their lobby. If they get the old Ikleberry's space in Bartlett, then the lobby will be big.

And any networking anyone can do will be appreciated.

As for the rest, I have yet to even think about it. This one will be "Many Weeks in the Making".
  13. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Todd, Pat and I should be getting together in June to talk more about the haunt. I know I'm going to be slammed until then.

Yeah, questions need to be answered. Just put the word out that it will happen and it'll be bigger than last year! :)
  14. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    And we'll have strippers, and guns, and fire engines....

Sorry. I'm sinking into Bachelor Party mode.

We need to form a committee for this and start planning.
  15. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    What...? Oh, sorry, drifted off to the red-head waiting for Tom Hanks in the hotel bedroom. Wow...

Yeah, we need to get together and toss around some ideas.

You know what's funny- we could probably get all of those above things pretty easily! The fire truck especially.
  16. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I wonder if The Pony would sponsor us?
  17. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Sorry, just had a vision of Muley snorting drugs off the bathroom counter and us having to haul him out after his heart-attack..!
  18. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Oh... That could be a fanfilm for sure.
  19. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    We'll have to hang someone in a bedsheet naked out the hotel window, have a girl band with big hair, and maybe get John to dress up like Milt, and drive a school bus thru the Majestic.
  20. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Now, now... You're going to touch off another tirade there, Lin.

As for the person dangling in the bedsheet.... Hmmmm...

Elliott!

(There's a story behind that joke, y'all. Lin, Kevin, Philip,[/i] and I made the poor kid scurry up a ladder to retrieve a rope that was hung at the top of the screen frame. Now he's our stuntman.)
  21. Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah but Naked???? Not what I needed for a visual
  22. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    We'll give him a BIG sheet!
  23. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    He'll be wrapped up! We just want a stunt man/victim.

Any chance you know Tawney Kittaen, Lin?
  24. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    Man - Talk about a mess...
    And you want to put this Whore House in my Lobby?!?!

WTF?!

LOL

Great to see you planning but I have news....

Ahhhh should I? Hmmmm

I may have a deal you can't refuse. I may have a deal worked out that will make life easier on all of us!!!

But until then - I like some of the ideas, but if we are going to be in Bartlett, Drugs, Hookers and Strippers are just out of the question... sorry guys.

Now Hooter girls are A-OK!!!

I should know some more in a couple of weeks . . . did I mention I'm working on the Lease details... hint hint... hehe
  25. Timewalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    AAAAAAAAargghhhh!!!!

Todd, you are *such* a tease!

Looking forward to your announcement.

-Joe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.