main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON! planning thread / TC!2- The Return Of The Geeks!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    We should definitely expand into gaming.

I'm already claiming a table for myself. I'm going to see if I can't get rid of some stuff this year.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Yep, that's wha I thought. I've got way too many doubles and triples and such. Plus a lot of stuff I just don't need/want.

Gaming could be cool. I'd like to at least see a SW mini or heroclix game(s) going.

3. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    What kind of game? Are we talking minis or roleplaying or what? I was hoping to help out at both Timmycon and Kidz Day.

I would be happy to host (but not nessarily GM) a game but I was also mulling over getting a table to sell some of my childhood (my mother sent most of it home with me.)

Just let me know what you would want. I got a BUNCH of roleplaying stuff.

4. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    :-BWe actually had a good turnout and fun w/ the EP3 Duels on PS2/X-Box.
    Miniatures was also a hit and the UNIVERSE HUGE figures come out in August!![face_money_eyes]more money spent[face_shhh]

RPG's are hard to do unless you sign up early etc... Personally I would stick to Miniatures, Attacktix, and PS2/X-Box.

But this is YOUR Event!;)
    Just adding my 2[face_skull]

TIMMYCON [face_peace]

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'd stick with the minis and all. Role playing might take too long.

I guess we should start a list of who all will need a table and who wants to run a game.

Who's in..? Remember, it's first come-first served and you'll need to bring your own table. I'll see if we can't get a couple extra for the gaming area and any the kids activities/crafts will need.

6. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Someone should really sketch out the area so we will know how much space we have (how many "booths"). I would suggest giving SMT members first dibs (up to a cut-off date), then we can start contacting outsiders - people from other cons, stores, other fans on other boards, etc.

I'd hate it if we promised too much space.

-Joe

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That's an excellent idea, Joe. SMT members first, then others.

We'll get to see the space in a couple of weeks, so we'll know what we're up against as far as limitations.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Once Todd is in town I should be able to get in there and measure off the area and figure out the table space and other factors, plus see where the power outlets and such are, and if they stripped the space of any counters, wall board and such..

9. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Maybe some of us who want to sell toys should get together to make one big toy booth and have our stuff labeled with different cash boxes or something, so only one or two people have to sit behind the booth at a time. If there was anything I regret about the first TimmyCon it was that I wasn't able to hang out with others as much as I would like because I felt like I needed to man my table. Or just one cash box and we keep track of who sold what and divy up the funds at the end. (is that how you spell divy?)

I am interested in a table...

edit: I just looked at more of these pages and I am interested in playing minis that day: surprise! ;)

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Or even if we group the dealer tables together in twos or fours. That way, each person isn't chained to their table all day and can enjoy themselves.

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Bring an assistant, work out a deal with another dealer, or share space with someome. That way you can move around and be social. Having one cash box and divding out who sold what sounds like too much work/math for me.

The one thing I hate about doing cons/shows is manning a table. It's cool when folks are buying or want to find out more about your project(s)and/or merch, but can be boring as heck when nobody is around or when you want to go check something else out.

12. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Lin, you and I have to get our tables out of Nightmarez storage, dood! :)

That's one of the reasons I always wanted to have my table near a friend's table so you can take turns. I think the past couple of cons we attended worked out fine, because I could watch Bu****ales.com and Stanleyart.com tables while you two were away, and at Adventurecon we all took turns.

Last year at Timmycon things worked out okay, too, as far as I could tell. If it's bigger this year (hopefully) then we'll have to work out something...maybe see if someone can volunteer as a 'floater' and man a booth for a few minutes for folks? The table's owner will have to have a price list built for these floaters, though.

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, I for one, would be interested in going in on a co-op booth with as many people as are interested. Maybe we could even get a hold of some mesh or peg-board or somesuch to hang stuff on so more stuff could be visible in a smaller space. I don't think it would be that hard to keep track of how much each person sold if they labeled all their stuff with initials and a price--it would make haggling more difficult, though.

14. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    Well we are going to have a good amount of space but surely it won't be so big we can't socialize a bit while keeping an eye out for the tables.

15. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    :pNice to know you guys are struggling w/ logistics![face_hypnotized]LOL

I will be in town in a couple of weeks and I'll let Tim and Lin get photos, layout, peek inside, etc... maybe that will help!
    We will see what will work out best for the group!

I'm glad we were able to "squeeze" the place in the deal w/ the landlord for the 29th!! I believe you will have a great turnout and you only have hmmmm 4 months to promote...8-}SO Get to work!!![face_skull]

And if anyone wants to help unload, build etc.. We will be begining that hard, long laborful effort soon too...[face_praying]So YES, some help?? WOULD be greatly appreciated!o_O

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You hear that folks? That's where the SMT pays back Nightmarez.... in construction labor. These guys need lots of help getting this haunted house put together, and this is where we come in. You may not be able to make it every day, but just helping out a couple of days here and there, during the construction, the haunt presentation, and in the tear-down will make a difference. (And it's also fun, especially when you get to scare the living crap out of people!)

So, not only do we need help planning TimmyCon!2, we need construction help for the haunt. See you all there!

17. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    =D= Thanks Tim!
    We will take any and all help and we would love to have you guys come PLAY during the season!! [face_skull]Scarin' folks is fun![face_devil]

To keep abreast of our To-Do's you can check out
    http://hauntedweb.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/index.php
    You will have to register - to see everything - but it will keep you up to date on us etc...

Thanks Again And ask Sal, Lin, Kevin or Tim and they will tell you how much fun it is to see grown men scream![face_laugh][face_dancing]

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, yes.... Making grown men scream is an empowering experience. I felt like Emperor Palpatine the entire time. And the things they'll scream over. Who knew that a little pasty old man in a wheelchair would scare people?

19. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    Crazy folks tend to be scarier than ghosts and monsters. Can't imagine why.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Then if they want to go really scary, they should just do a Con motiff. There are some scary folks at Cons.

AAAAARGH!!! IT'S UNWASHED SCA GUY!!!

Terrifying!

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So are we going to get Caress! and AXE to sponsor MSC next year?

22. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    I say we have some perfume snipers like they have in the makeup area at Dillards. The really stinky ones get an extra blast.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    They may spontaneously combust if someone tries to make them smell better.

We'll have to make a "No bathe, no entry" rule for TC!2.

24. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Either that, or have standard issue gas masks for anyone who shows up NOT smelling bad.

I would claim a table, but 1. Don't know what I'd sell, 2. don't even know if I'll be able to make it.

25. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    My friend Ash is amused, because she used to work in American Dollar right there :D
    I want to get some table space... hopefully I can get some artwork done to display. And I'll be glad to help with any setup/tear down stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.