main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON! planning thread / TC!2- The Return Of The Geeks!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey guys sorry it took so long to reply. We will be there for TimmyCon2. I dont know about Tre's Wookie costume he said put it on the back burner and finish Julia's Scout armor. So even though we will have a table there set up I will be in Stormtrooper armor and Julia in her new Scout armor. So there will be two there. Do you know anyone that has a digi cam and printer setup that we might during the day do pictures with some of the kids and print them off for them. My son had a small Star Wars party last weekend here and I put on the armor and posed with each kid then printed them out so they could take them home. But that was on the my big PC.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I've got a laptop, but don't have a printer for it. Cool idea. Todd, Pat, and I dressed up as Tigger, Pooh, and Scooby for his daughter's birthday party and did Polaroids with each of the kids. I've got a Polaroid camera and a digital one which we could use. Just let me know.

Glad to have some troopers there. Hate we can't have Chewie there. :(

Lin

3. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Yeah, polaroids are probably the best idea in this case.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Or we could post them on the site afterward and let them download and print them....

5. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    What ever you guys think. Julia and I will be there in armor and I thought it might be cool the kids of all ages would get a kick out of it. Plus it will be Julia coming out party for her armor I want her to feel the awesomeness of having every talk about you and want your pic stuff like that.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We're only five days away from TimmyCon!2, ladies and gents!

Lin and I worked out the preliminary setup last night, and we're really getting pumped about how it's shaping up so far. The year's TC! will have an art show and an "artist's alley", with tables featuring The MSCA, Steve Stanley, Antone Wade and Jetta, Adam Shaw and Bloodstream Comics, our own Lin Workman and Bushi Tales,, and also our own Kevin Williams and Muley T. Mule.

We'll have a separate movie room as well, with a 20' indoor screen. (I know... you'll all be disappointed since it's smaller than our TIMAX screen.) We haven't discussed what we're showing yet, but I'm sure it'll be Star Wars films.

Also, we probably can still squeeze a few vendor spaces in, so if you haven't let me or Lin (Dork Vader) know that you want space, you need to do it now. You can PM us here, or contact us through the SMT website.

Aside from doing screen repairs tonight, I'll also do my best to get the website updated with info on The Little Con That Could. (That is if I can somehow manage to stay awake. I'm still wiped out from the weekend!)

If you want to go ahead and start dropping stuff off or setting stuff up during the week, email or PM Lin and he'll give you information. We'll also be posting times for Saturday setup and such.

We'll be needing more stuff for giveaways, and we could do raffles if we get enough stuff. It would be a great way to raise money for the club.

And if anybody else has any other ways to participate, give us a shout.

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The website is now updated! Be sure to check it out and let me know if anything needs to be fixed.

Thank God for slow days at the office!

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Nothing like waiting until the last moment! I just sent info to the Commercial Appeal and to the Memphis Flyer.

How has the flyer distribution gone, everyone?

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'll be at the haunt after 6pm each night this week if anyone wants to bring anything by early. Otherwise just be ready to start setting up on Saturday from 9-11am. I'll probably be there a little bit earlier than that, but that's a good 2 hours for setting up tables. The art show is pretty much on the wall- just waiting for some of the MSCA to bring a few more.

My AOHell addy is acting up, so PM me if you need to and I'll try and check this once a day.

Lin

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I just dropped emails to all of the TV News departments and to Rock 103. I need to send something to Tommy at The Buzz as well. Anyone else have any ideas on who to send info to?

EDIT: Is Tommy even at The Buzz anymore? I just looked for his email address on their website, and he's no longer listed. I then saw in their job listings that they're looking for a promotions director. I ended up emailing Brad instead.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I just got an email from Brad at 94.1 The Buzz. He says that Tommy went to UPN 30. (Hey! Now we have a buddy in Television! Alllllriiiiiight!)

Brad also said they could "invite us by", which I guess would mean another radio interview. What do you think, Lin? Are you up for it again?

12. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    I'll whip up some prints and put them on someone else's table (if that's alright, of course...).
    No sense in getting one entire table for one picture.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

13. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Grace - you can share space with us or I can loan you one of my tables for you to have a space of your own in artist's alley.

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That would be good, Grace, or you could even display it for the art show.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Looks like I'll be on the air with Brad and Dana on 94.1 The Buzz on Thursday at 4 pm. I'm hoping Lin can join me, especially since it's easier for me to bounce jokes off of him that it is the DJ's!

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'll try and cut out early for that, Tim.

Sorry- thought you knew about Tommy. That's why the haunt didn't go with the Buzz this year.

Paula Davis with the RMH Radiothon left there to go do promotions and work on a Radiothon at 98 the Maxx with D&Z, btw.

Lin

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, but we know someone in TV promotions now! This is a good thing!

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    And I thought I was a media ho'..!

See you tomorrow at the station.

Lin

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Lin and I will be at the TC! space around 6 pm tomorrow night to begin setup. If any of you are planning to come by, you may want to call me on my mobile before you head out, especially if it's after 7:30 pm or 8.

Setup will begin again on Saturday morning from 9 am until 11 am, and the con begins at 11 am and lasts until 6 pm. Don't forget your tables and chairs, ladies and gents. Also, remember that if you do have a dealer table, a donation of an item for our giveaways and raffles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Tim

20. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    THAT WAS THE BEST CON EVER! It was our first as dealers but I think it was fantastic! Can we do it again? [face_peace]

21. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    You think that was cooooool just wait till TCIII each year we get better ideas and better organized. Kidding lets not rush things to bad but I really think it will big. Thank you all for inviting us.

22. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    TIMMYCON! ROCKED!!![face_dancing]

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks to everyone from the SMT and the MSCA who contributed to making TIMMYCON!2 so much more successful than last year.

This year, we had 650 people attend, and that's not counting the kids that showed up for Kidz Day. (We'd be over a 1000 if we counted the tots with our fries!)

A huge amount of grattitude goes to Lin for making this all possible, and for being so instrumental in getting TC! not only off the ground, but for being its biggest supporter.

And we definitely couldn't have done it without Todd and Patrick at Nightmarez, who we so generous to give us room and board for our little endeavor.

Another big thanks to Joe, Gina, Kevin, Lisa, and Sal for being there to help get the space ready and to tear down. You guys just rock, plain and simple.

Thanks to all of our dealers and exhibitors, including Lin, Kevin, Antone, Janet, Adam, Penny, Henry, Julia, Tre, Jacob, Maria May, Rhonda, Mike Inman, Greg Cravens, Joe, and Gina. You all made TimmyCon the success it was, and I was proud that you all chose to participate and make this event such a success.

And, of course, there's little I can say that would even begin to express my gratitude to our Guest of Honor, Steve Stanley. I would be thrilled if he would join us again, and I really think we need to make him an honorary member.

Also, thanks to Sal, Gina, Joe, J, and Grace for volunteering at Nightmarez. I appreciate your putting the time in to help out the haunt. Thanks for getting your scare and getting out of there!

Thank you all!

24. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Nightmarez was one of the best experiences out there. I'm definatly wanting to do it again next year.

25. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    Since it is the last night of the Haunt, I say we scare people so bad that they go fetal. Who's with me? [face_skull]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.