main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Yep, that's me- thread killer!

BTW- welcome back!

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Killing the TimmyCon thread....

You should be ashamed of yourself!

OK, who wants to be on the "I'm not a committee" planning committee for TimmyCon?? (Aside from myself and Lin, that is? Notice how I just volunteered you for that one, Lin? Ask Sal about how that goes! :p )

We need to start thinking about dates, etc.

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Let's look at a calendar after MSC.

This could be a lot of fun. I'll talk to a few of my comic buds around town and see if they are interested in coming out to it.

Now, I've got two questions, who's gonna be our 'fan guest', and who'll be the first to say, "I've got a bad feeling about this..."?

4. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Will this be a trade thing or a sell/buy/trade thing? I'm not nearly reliable enough to help as far as a planning, but I'll help set up and stuff.

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Right now I'm thinking sell/buy/trade thing. What're you all else thinking?

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I have a bad feeling about this....

I say buy/sell/trade. Fan guest? Anybody got a couple of grand to get Ben over here?

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That would be sweet- Ben's annual pond-crossing trip! We need an SMT fund raiser.

I wish more cons would have fan guests that are like uber-collectors or experts- maybe have even written a book or two on the stuff, kinda like Eddy Zeno at MSC. He was a regular guest, but I would have considered him more of a fan guest since he loves comics as much as the other fans there. Same for Bob Burns at Wonderfest. He's done TV and movies, but is one of the biggest sci-fi movie fans/buffs around. He's got a huge movie prop/costume collection, as well as a toy collection from the 30'-40's. He's also got two books on his collections. Another person is Sergio Aragones. He's done Groo and cartoons in Mad Magazine, but is one of the biggest fanboys I've ever met.

8. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    If you're lucky/unlucky (delete according to personal preference ;) ) , you may be seeing me in the autumn. I did toy with a trip across the pond this spring, but it proved impractical.

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Wellllll...we may have to check our dates for TimmyCon, a fall one may be good- would be enough time away from MSC, and give us a bit more time to plan and get stuffs together.

Do you plan on hitting Memphis- or do you have other SW friends you'll be visiting?

10. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Wellllll...we may have to check our dates for TimmyCon, a fall one may be good- would be enough time away from MSC, and give us a bit more time to plan and get stuffs together.

Pat O'Brians. That is all.

Do you plan on hitting Memphis- or do you have other SW friends you'll be visiting?

Not sure yet. I want to head back to Boston, that was a cool place, plus I want to see what my aunt's place in Colorado Springs is like, not to mention seeing a mate from here who's spending a year working in New York (which is another place I want to go back to). Lol.

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well, if you head back thru Elvis country we'd be more than happy to take you to as many puds as you like. Rhonda and Tim were talking about taking you to the Flying Saucer Tap House the next time you're in town.

It's just a short stagger from Pat O'Brians!

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    250 beers on tap, Ben.... [face_mischief]

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Why the hell didn't I know about that place last October???

Be great to have you over again, Ben, should you decide that you just didn't get a big enough dose of RedNeckdom.

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, plenty of places around here to experience that, too!

15. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Well, I still do need a picture of a truck with a confederate flag and shotguns in the back window.... ;)

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Heck, we can even get you shots of HOUSES with that painted on 'em!

17. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Well, I still do need a picture of a truck with a confederate flag and shotguns in the back window....

Hey now, there are perfectly good reasons to have shotguns in the back window! :p

Seriously, as the daughter and friend of hunters, I remember when everyone kept their hunting rifles in their trucks. In high school you would see guys driving up with their rifles still in their vehicles from their weekend hunting trips. And you know what? No one ever got shot at my school...even though there were probably about 50 rifles sitting in cars in the parking lot.

Oh how times have changed.

Sorry, I got serious there for a minute. ;)

But as I was saying, there are perfectly good reasons to keep rifles in your back window. For example, you never know when a wild boar may began wreaking havoc on the highway. Or perhaps a zombie attack? And you never know when an alien invasion might begin. It's best to be prepared for all eventualities, my friends. :p

18. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    we had a guy get expelled from school because he forgot his rifle was in the back of his truck. poor guy, was an honest mistake.

course that was back before all these kids decided shooting each other was better than getting in a fist fight to settle things.

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok, it looks like dale killed the TIMMYCON! thread this time- not me!!!

Long live TIMMYCON!

20. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I think we got too serious there for a minute. ;)

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Us, serious..? No way- sarcastic maybe, but almost never serious!

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, so we need to start thinking of possible dates for TimmyCon. Do we do it in May, or wait until Fall? We'll have about the same weather, no matter if we do it at the beginning or end of the summer season.

And my grandfather had a shotgun on his truck's gun rack for years. We knew not to touch it, and no one ever made a fuss about it.

And it was hard as hell to have a gun rack in a '72 Maverick, but I'll be damned it some folks didn't try!

23. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Timmycon in May, that's me vote and me stickin' to it.

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, so it would have to be mid-May at the earliest, and it can't be at the same time as the Beale Street Music Festival. Any other votes and/or suggestions?

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm actually going o be at HauntCon the middle of May- 10-17th or so. I've got to get with Todd on the exact dates.

Is May too close? I'm not looking to do a full out con, but would like a little time to be able to plan a bit and make it fun.

I'm still trying to recover from MSC!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.