main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    I'm always surprised when someone actually wants to come back and see me! (Actually, I'm honored you think enough of me to visit again, Ben.)

Should I start stocking the liquor cabinet now?

You're going to need a bigger drinks cabinet.... ;)

If we offer him a sandwich, do you think we could get someone like Dave Prowse or Peter Mayhew to attend? (That was a joke. Forget I said it.)

I have a pack of Oreos in front of me. I think even half a Oreo that a pack of dogs have licked until it's unrecognisable would be enough incentive for them. Both.
    Hell, you'd probably have trouble fighting them off with a bargepole and flamethrower.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Glad to hear you speak so highly of your fellow countrymen, Ben!

Oreo cookies...:)

I think I can get Antone and Adam Shaw. Possibly Greg and some of the other MSCA folks. Hopefully the MSCA comic WILL be out by then. (positive thinking, ositive thinking...)

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I need to update the website with the TimmyCon date. This is going to be great!

TimmyCon- Sponsored by Nightmarez, the MSCA, and the SMT.

4. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Pffft, you haven't heard me get started on Tony Blair, Lin....

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Don't get him started on Tony Blair....please. I don't think there's enough space on the TFN server to hold that rant.

Well, time to do some early-stage planning for TimmyCon.

First of all, who would like to participate?

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm thinking we need an SMT and MSCA table for info. We can have members take turns behind them.

I'm going to ask the MSCA members to come out and hopefully sign copies of the MSCA comic, and any of thier own- like Antone and Adam. I'm hoping at least one of two will do caricatures and/or facepainting. I'm sure Muley will be on hand as well, and Kev may even do a quick 'Little Shop Of Horrors' show...

Looks like we should have a decent sized lobby. Not as big as last year, but enough for us to do at least a dozen tables or so. I'll measure out the space tomorrow and start taking resevations on a first come-first serve basis.

What do you think, 11-4, or noon-5?

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I vote noon to five. I just want to make sure we don't clash with the normal haunt schedule.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Haunt won't open until 7-7:30pm. Should give us time to clean up/clear out before the scare crew arrives.

9. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm sure Muley will be on hand as well, and Kev may even do a quick 'Little Shop Of Horrors' show...
    ===================

Muley'll be there, but I'm not doing any Little Shop of HOrrors show; however, I understand we have some kind of fly-trap that'll be at the haunt this year?

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Good ol' dependable Muley!

Just as long as it's him and not Ronald McDonald. I was really sick of that guy last year. If I heard him sing the "Pumpkin King" song one more time last year, I was going to shove his wig and clown shoes up his rear end. He pushed me very close to the Dark Side.

OK, so SW, toys, and comics is the main focus of the first-ever TimmyCon, unless anyone else has any other ideas.

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I must have been out at the motorsports park that day!

Yeah, comics, toys, flyers, promos, costumes if you feel like getting your geek on, etc.

I'll have some 'Bushi Tales' promos to hand out, and hopefully some MSCA comics to sell. I'll probably do some facepainting to raise some money for the MSCA and SMT. I've also got a box or two of cheap comics to raise some money for the RMH.

I'm going to try and hit up Dark Horse for some more freebie promos like at MSC, and see if I can't wrangle a few doorprizes from around town- or my prize closet.

Kev's posted it on the front page of the MSCA site, and we'll have a meeting before TC!, so hopefully I can get the MSCA'ers to come out in force. I know Antone and Adam have stuff to push/promote.

Any other ideas?

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Would it be wrong to have a cash bar? You know, have our own Cantina, just like A New Hope?

Whaddya mean we'd have to get a liquor license???

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Ahem...*coughflaskcough*

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    [face_laugh]

:D

You read my mind. Indeed you are powerful.

Hey! It's a Con! It's expected!

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    A major beverage(non-alcoholic)company may be a sponsor for the haunt- Tommy's working on that. They're looking to sample a new drink flavor, and will supply the haunt with some. Now, if you happened to 'spice-up' your drink how would I or anyone else know..?

I would like to do a nice display for the SMT table. If anyone has something they want to use on or behind the table let me know. I can bring the photo sabers in case any kids want to have their picture taken. I may make a backdrop for it. I'd like to do a nice set up that we could send photo of to the SW Insider.

Speaking of which, we need to do a press release/photo disc to send to them about Drive-In Nights. Next week if we have a good turnout let's do a group shot in front of the screen.

16. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Now, if you happened to 'spice-up' your drink how would I or anyone else know..?
    ======================================
    When their speaking gets slurred and they start falling over, or falling asleep...

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Like I said, how would I know?! :)

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Thought I'd go ahead and post some info so folks can start making their plans to attend TIMMYCON! Once I get a complete line-up of any special events or comic artists that will be there I'll post more info.

On October 23rd from noon to 5pm at Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! in Bartlett, TN (6600 Stage Rd. at Kirby-Whitten) the SMT/Memphis Fan Force along with the MSCA/Mid-South Cartoonists Association will hold its first ever TIMMYCON!.

What's TIMMYCON!..? It's a small con, no- a mini con, no- more of a micro con actually! There will be SMT members in costume with toys for sale (and swap!), MSCA members will be doing facepainting, caricatures, autographing and selling comics, and there will be a freebies/promo table and door prizes. Admission for TIMMYCON! is free!

Later that night at 7:30pm Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! will open back up to scare the buhjeezus outta ya! Admission is $10.00 per person. (A $2.00 off regular admission price coupon can be printed off from Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT!.)

The following weekend on October 30th from 1-4pm Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! will hold its annual Kidz Day. Kids can trick-or-treat thru the haunt and get candy and prizes from costumed characters. Members of the SMT will be on hand for picuters. Admission for Kidz Day is $3 for ages 3+, under 3 are free! Later that night at 7:30 Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! will open back up and run into the wee hours!

A portion of the proceeds from Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT! will go to Youth Villages and the Bartlett Area Chamber Of Commerce.

19. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    I posted about it at www.midsouthcartoonists.com home page.

20. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Sign me up for a table 4 Timmycon!!! How are we going to do the table thing anyways??? Do we pay? Per table, by square feet, for each sale, by fight club points??? I know I know we dont talk about fight club...

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Nah, just figured ya bring a table, ya gots table space. I'll post later exactly how many we'll be able to fit. I forgot to dbl chk yesterday while I was at the haunt.

I have your reservation, Sal.

Anyone else..?

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll bring a table, but I won't have much for it. I figure, being the Timmy in TimmyCon, I'll take care of whatever needs to be taken care of. If you want, Sal, you can use the remaining 5 1/2 feet of my 6-foot table.

Of course, fight club around here involves lightsabers.

Any idea of what we're going to need for TimmyCon aside from tables?

Drinks? Snacks? Velvet Paintings of Elvis?

?

23. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey Tim thanks Ill take you up on that 5.5ft table

24. Mkingsley

Mkingsley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Any idea of what we're going to need for TimmyCon aside from tables?

Drinks? Snacks? Velvet Paintings of Elvis?

Hmmmm ... maybe wisdom and guidance from Ask Yoda, or have Vader utilize those genuine psychic abilities of his to give DarkForce I Ching readings, or DarkForce Tarot readings (hey ... remember, he had his own Psychic Hotline, probably taught Miss Cleo everything she knows!).

Too bad there isn't a DeathStar Magic 8-ball for sale out there somewhere that he can use to give genuine readings (like, Yes, if you join the Dark Side ... or Better not tell you now, Rebel scum) ... not that ambiguous crap you get off that cheap Tyco toy. Dammit! Giving away all my get-rich-quick schemes again! Now somebody's gonna steal my idea and make a mint when Part III comes out next year, when I coulda just made it myself. AARGHH!!

25. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey, I just had a great idea about a DeathStar Magic 8-ball for sale out there somewhere that he can use to give genuine readings (like, Yes, if you join the Dark Side ... or Better not tell you now, Rebel scum) ... not that ambiguous crap you get off that cheap Tyco toy.

*Calls Hasbro...*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.