main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Timothy Zahn event booked in Dayton -- February 5th, 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by DelReyPublicity, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelReyPublicity

DelReyPublicity Del Rey Asst. Director of Publicity star 1 VIP

May 13, 2002
    Hi everyone --

This is just a heads up to let you know that Timothy Zahn will be doing a bookstore event for STAR WARS: SURVIVORS QUEST.

Date of Event: Thursday, February 5th, 2004
    Time of Event: 7:00 PM
    350 E. Stroop Road
    Dayton, OH
    Phone: (937) 298-6540

More details to come...

Colleen Lindsay
    Associate Director of Publicity
    Del Rey Books
    clindsay@randomhouse.com

2. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Scoooore! .... I've never heard of that book? o_O

3. jedistine

jedistine Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
  4. maralover

maralover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    god i can't wait...finally zahn is returning to write mara right again, and i get to meet him when he does....sweet

5. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    So will our FanForce plan on attending this? We could invite Cincy and make it another one of our double meetings, go to Books & Co. then maybe eat pizza or something.

6. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I was hesitating on this because I cannot tolerate dealing with crowds, That is why I have not went and never will go to Cellabration. This may not be that bad so I think we should make a effort to attend.

7. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I don't think it will too terrible, but I could be wrong. I've been to book signings there before and I've only seen the place crammed full twice. It'd be a shame to miss this, as the Dayton FanForce.

8. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Yeah I agree. We will definetely attend.

9. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    So is anyone planning on attending this thing besides myself and Sean? I think it'd be an excellant opportunity to become active, and get a cool new book.

10. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I am going... will anyone be in costume?

11. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I don't plan on attending in costume; I haven't finished mine yet. I think it'd be awesome if some people showed up in costumes, though! Will *you* be in costume?

12. Cor-AlGelkar

Jan 18, 2003
    I would be if I thought I wouldn't be the only one... But maybe I will anyways. I will just be by myself so I'd be kinda conspicuous

13. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I think the 501st is planning on being there in costume so you may want to think about going in costume

14. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Yeap, we'll be out in action. At least 5 of us at staggering times depending on peoples time off. I'll be in a Royal Guard costume, with a forcepike. It's a lot easier to put on the robe than to suit up in all that plastic armor. Say Hi when you stop by!

15. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I'll probably try to get there around 6:30...Sarah the files didn't come through in the email for some reason, no matter...I was able to find the master copies here and will make copies at work tomorrow and bring them with me. See you all there. :)

16. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Oh, that's good! I was kinda worried about that. It seemed too easy the way Yahoo did it. ... Well, I called the people at Books 'n Company, and I'm not sure what they think I was talking about. But the woman I talked to just wanted to see the flyers prior to the event, I suppose to see if we're infringing on anything, or making money somehow. o_O I told her I'd show up around 6'ish to get her approval. How many flyers will you be bringing?

17. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Not sure exactly but I would say at least 100 or so. :)

18. Cor-AlGelkar

Jan 18, 2003
    Oh man! If we get the freezing rain, I won't be there. I'm coming 1 1/2 hours, so I'd rather not risk it! Darn it...

19. Cor-AlGelkar

Jan 18, 2003
    Stupid weather is not corroporating. Darn it. I really wanted to go, but its going to be bad weather all through my drive time, there and back and I just can't risk it. Maybe I can go to Cleveland but that's even more doubtful than this one was...

20. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm so sorry to hear you won't be coming. :( I hope the weather doesn't get so bad as to stop other people from coming. <_<

21. Cor-AlGelkar

Jan 18, 2003
    We've got bad freezing rain here adn it's coming from Dayton way . My vehicle isn't the best either

22. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Wow! That was alot of fun. Timothy Zahn is really awesome, funny and brilliant. It was really cool of him to sign books people brought and not making them buy his new book. Jake looked very intimidating in his Royal Guard suit and was an excellent usher. Thanks to Sarah and her Mom for helping pass out flyers and saving me a seat, You two rock! Props to Brandon from the Cincy Fanforce for braving the freezing rain to make the drive up from Cincy. I have already set up my Auction prize up in my room and now I can see it every morning when I first wake up. :)

23. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Congrats to Sean for his big win! It was a lot of fun hearing Mr. Zahn speak again. Thanks for the compliments on the costume, we had a lot of fun and it was well worth the trip. See ya all at the next meeting....if I can make it. :)

24. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Yes, the signing *was* fun. :) I don't know what I was expecting from Zahn, but he was really nice, and fairly personable. Now I'm looking for stuff to seal those books in, I don't want my nice new copies & autographs to get dusty, or ruined.
    Jake, you did look.. Intimidating. <_< Hehe, I can't get over the gloves, I'm sorry; you'll just have to ignore me. >_< -- But that costume was awesome, I'm jealous.
    Thanks to Sarah and her Mom for helping pass out flyers and saving me a seat, You two rock!

Well, that wasn't a problem at all, we're pleased to help out!
    I really hope those folks check out the boards, some seemed genuinely interested.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Hey, I'm proud of you guys! Sounds like everyone had a good time. Too bad I was busy at the U.

MTFBWY
    Jammies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.