main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Timothy Zahn fans - save the date - April 5th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    If you're a fan of Timothy Zahn, he'll be here in town on Saturday, April 5th for the 3rd Annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival. So mark your calendars and get your books ready to be signed!

I know I just picked up The Last Command in hardcover so I have a full hardcover set to get signed. And I almost picked up a 2nd copy I saw at the Thrift Store, but changed my mind.
    Even though I saw him at Dragon*Con, I was limited on cargo space and so only brought 1 newer book for him to sign.

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Thats cool. I know I got the Heir to the Empire Trilogy. Don't remember what else. I'll have to dig my books out and see.

3. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    COOL!!!! I'm definetly coming up for this as I missed him at Dragon Con this year! Is it possible we could be involved as a costumed event? Have you contacted them about this idea Nicky?

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    But, of course. [face_mischief]
    The event contacted Garrison Excelsior first actually so - yes, this will be a costumed event.

Back in August when Garrison Excelsior did an event for the Fairport library, the 501st and Rebel Legion were asked to appear at this Book Festival as well. Through my contacts at the 501st we were able to invite Timothy Zahn to the event for them. It worked out kind of backwards because, the library wanted Star Wars characters first and then had to find an author to invite to make the appearance of the characters make sense. [face_laugh]

Garrison Excelsior would welcome costumers from the local FanForce chapters to troop at this event with them.

~Doc_Bev

5. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, you can expect me there and my son may be coming as well. I'll be in my custom Mando and my son may be as well. :)

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Your son has (or will have) a custom mando?! How cool!

~Doc_Bev

7. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Yeah, my wife is finishing it up tonight (hopefully). He has flames like his dad. What can I say, like father like son?

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Aawh! Looking forward to seeing it!

~Doc_Bev

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    *bump*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.