main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Timothy Zahn in Beaverton

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Great. That guy probably just didn't get the memo.

2. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Woohoo! Change of plans - I definitely CAN go. I just have to be home by 9pm...

-Kyle

3. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    I went and it was awesome! I saw him last time with Oudbound Flight book signing.
    JN

4. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Welcome to the Oregon FanForce (OFF) Nieber-Gon-Jinn !!! Yes, the book signing was awesome. I was able to get Zahn's new book signed, as well as three older paperbacks I already owned. It was also great seeing Jawafett, Brook_33, GrumpyDevil, and AramysStrael there. Jawa, Grumpy and Aramys were all in costume, along with many other 501st, Rebel Legion and Dark Side Trooper members.

Nieber, did we meet at the signing? I was the one with the brown hair in a pone tail. If you have time, the OFF is planning a meeting for Feb. 11th (see meeting thread), and you are more than welcome to attend.

5. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Wow! What a really great time. Met Tim (he's very nice to talk to) and hung out with the fans, Solo style! Great to finally meet Brook_33. Keep up with the fanfilm. Great to see Crashdown, AramysStrael, GrumpyDevil, and in TK was DarthBubba (Marshal). Very cool.
    I even met some members of a defunct collecting group I use to hang with which was cool.
    All in all was a very good time.

6. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Man! did I miss DarthBubba? Bummer.
    Hay Darth, will you be at next weeks meeting?

7. PDX_TwiChick

PDX_TwiChick Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    SONFOFA!!!!! :mad:

I am in the middle of moving and totally forgot about this last night!!! I suck.

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    1. Yes I will be at Zahn signing. Ooops, I meant I attended. My bad. Good times.

2. Yes I will definitely be at Kennedy School. I look forward to that. JiltedToo is driving, so I can have "lots of fun." just don't send me to the detention room.
    (acutally, that is a cool section of the school to drink at)

And, the Mrs. Darth-Bubba may attend. She has gone to likely 3-4 events in four years. (in LA) So this is special.

OK, WHY WHY WHY WHY does nobody in the O.F.F. post photos on their profile. I wish people did so I would know who I was talking to.

For example, Cris, if I knew you were you, the current CR, I would have given you a much harder time, and been less of a gentlmen. ;) ;) Photos were fun.

The event was a lot of fun last night. Dinner was cool, but poor Tim. He was innundated with some uber uber geeks, asking awful annoying questions.

9. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    [face_laugh]

10. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    I don't think that we met. I didn't really get out and talk with the troopers. And thanks for the invite but unfortunatly I'm not old enough to be in the 501st. Besides I have so much school work and my car is broken so I can't leave home without walking.
    JN

11. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    The OFF is separate from the 501st. Although there are members of the OFF who are also members of the 501st, Rebel Legion and Dark Side Troopers. There isn't an age restriction that I know to be an OFF member. You just need to be an avid Star Wars fan!

12. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Wow, I missed everyone from the OFF at the signing.

Having dinner with Timothy Zahn after was pretty cool.

He is a really nice guy to chat with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.