main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Timothy Zahn sequel trilogy vs new story arc?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RipRoar, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    What are your thoughts on a Timothy Zahn sequel trilogy versus a new story arc? I have mixed feelings since I love the TZ books but a whole new story line could be great too...Hate to lose all the expanded universe books I have invested many hours reading but a reboot (Star trek like) could be very interesting. Would like to see some prequel and clone wars characters pop up...

2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I would prefer a sequel trilogy since all the good stuff is already there, TZ just needs to continue it.

3. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I've listened to the first audiobook of Heir to the Empire. To be perfectly honest, I didn't think it was even half as great as people give it credit for. The force lizards seemed pretty stupid to me.
    I certainly didn't feel compelled to seek out the other two.

4. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I think the statements we've heard so far more indicate that Disney doesn't consider themselves to be bound by the sequel novels - but that doesn't mean they'll throw them out entirely, either. They may well just cherry-pick them for ideas they like, and leave the rest.

5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    They are called Ysalamari btw. The actual book is much better.

6. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I think they were supposed to be Sith, but Lucasfilm said no. I may be thinking of something else tho.

benknobi1 what's with that suggestion to watch the episodes in a random order in your signature?

7. DarthSpaced

DarthSpaced Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    Were the books that good or are they highly regarded because they came out when Star Wars had very little going on? I mean I like Thrawn and the Noghri as characters but I don't think the books themselves were all that and a bag of chips

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Really now? Let's use the stickied EU page at the top of the forum. Locking.

benknobi1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.