main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Tion'ad Hukaat'kama? (Who's Watching Your Back?)- Clone Wars/Order66 Vignette OCs/RCs

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Roain_Xantos, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Title: Tion?ad Hukaat?kama? (Who?s Watching Your Back?)
    Author: Roain_Xantos
    Timeframe: Clone Wars, Order 66
    Genre: Vignette
    Characters: OCs, Republic Commandos
    Disclaimer: It?s all Flannel Man?s.
    Notes: Another short one that popped into my head. This time, while I was studying Mando?a. (See title) By the way, I have nothing against RCs. In fact, I love ?em, so you know, lawsuits = bad. Also, it?s a good mood-setter to listen to track four of the Episode III soundtrack. 11:38 p.m. ? 1:40 a.m. 20.4.06 ? 21.4.06 This'll be three short posts, I think. I had a friend of mine beta this for me, and she compared it to the writing of O. Henry. Now, if you know what that means, be prepared.

Placing my comlink back into its pouch on my belt, I turn to face a squad of Republic Commandos. No, not a squad, my squad. Parjai Squad is made up of RC-1810, or Burk, RC-1342, Choruk, RC-1013, Cuyan, and RC-1119, Nine, and myself, newly knighted Jedi Tehama Hyse. Each of these men has his own distinct personality, habits, and character. They?re not just clones, they?re not ?meat cans? or ?shiny boys? or mindless droids. They?re men. And they?re men I trust with my life.

Parjai and I have been sent to demolish several important Separatist facilities here on Mid-Rim Algareb IV. Over the past few weeks here, I?ve learned so much about each of these commandos.

Burk comes across as the take-charge type. There?s a certain pecking order within the squad, and he is most assuredly at the head, When we first met, I was still a Padawan, and rather shy of combat. But, after Burk instructed me in the art of ?playing dirty,? as he so aptly put it, I began to contribute more to the team. I also appreciate the fact that he knows when to tell me to shut up and take command himself.

Choruk, or RC-1342, is best known as the Grand Army?s worst cook, but we?d never tell him that. For some reason, his ?secret? recipe for nerf steak only sat well with his stomach. But, as Nine said, it?s better than raw nerf steak. After this comment, he received a scowl from Burk and a smack from Choruk.

Nine is definitely the poster boy for the ?half full? crowd. He can find humour in nearly anything from Choruk?s cooking to Burk?s complaining about ? shabla white armour.? Sometimes, though, it leaves the rest of the squad wondering where he picked up the funny-man gene. From what I?ve heard, it certainly wasn?t Fett.

Lastly, there?s RC-1013, Cuyan. Of all this squad, he is by far the quietest. It?s no wonder, though, after what he?s been through. ?Cuyan? is the Mando?a word for survivor. He is the only living member of his original squad, thanks to the Battle of Kamino. Cuyan doesn?t say much, but he?s a vital member of Parjai squad. From circuits to ordnance, he?s one you want on your side.

Nine?s voice cuts into my thoughts.

?Ma?am? Is everything all right?? says the voice of Jango Fett.

It is now that I realise that there are tears streaming from my eyes.

?Yes,? I say, brushing them away with the back of my hand. ?And I?ve got good news.?

Burk looks up from cleaning his DC-17, and Cuyan sets down his datapad. Nine elbows Choruk, who is napping nearby, in the ribs, and he sits up to glare at Nine for a moment.

?That was General Agnei,? I tell them, referring to my former Master.

?She?s just informed me that General Grievous has been eliminated.?

Nine lets loose a celebratory whoop, and Choruk declares ?It?s nerf steak tonight boys. I?ll even scrape together my special sauce!?

Burk suppresses a groan.

TBC

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting. I'd like to see more of this--great characters.

3. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    cool, if you have a PM list add me to it!

4. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    Your wish is my command. Prolly within a few days. :) Thanks!

Done. :) Keep an eye out!

-Roain <><

5. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Nifty title.

A subscriber to the "Etain Tur-Mukan school of Jedi\Clon erelationships" I see.

An excellent skill to have, especially when dealing with Jetiise commanders who haven't a clue as how to properly command an army unit. (Paging Mace Windu)

I shudder to think what could be in it. Clones are known for a good many things but I'm pretty sure culinary skills aren't one of them.

Ha! Nine reminds me of me. I think I already like him. [face_laugh]

[face_thinking] Interesting. This one sounds like my brother, (not QM, the other one). Reminds me of Darman a bit too. I'll have to read more.

[face_laugh]

Well, that was interesting. The scene with the news of Greivous's demise was certainly a differant one then we can see on film.

"Master, I've just received word that General Greivous has been destroyed."

"Oh. Good."

Great job Roain, you can bet I'll be back for more.

6. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    Vor'e, ner vod. Sign # 34 That You're Obsessed with Mandos... ;)

How'd you guess?! :eek: It seemed to work for her, so why not. I loved the way Ms. Traviss wrote them to be actually more human, and I wanted to try to convey that here.

[face_laugh] If i may quote Artanis ...Pitiably clueless jetiise

Exactly my point. [face_devil]

I wonder how that happened...[face_whistling]

Exactly how many do you have?? Cuyan is sort of a mixture or Darman and Atin, I suppose. They were my favourites from Hard Contact , so I decided to kind of mesh their personalities into one.

Yeah...that was a little strange. You'd think there would be some celebration, wouldn't you?

[face_blush] Vor'e, ner vod. Vor'e.

~*Roain*~ <><

7. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    *looks around* Anyone here? Well, I'm getting ready to post the second partif anyone wants to see it. ^_^ Oh, and a note. I'll be leaving tomorrow with my family for Washington, D.C., so I'm not ignoring you when you reply, I just don't have Internet access! I know, how will I survive?!

Anyway, enjoy! Yes, it's short, I know...

Part Two

* * * Ten Hours Later * * *

The boys are quite excited. This could be one of our last operations. We?ve been told by the commander of the orbiting Valour that we?ll be extracted after we finish on-planet. All we have to do is to destroy a final Separatist communications outpost about twenty kilometers north of our current position and make it to the DAR, or Designated Area of Recovery, on time.

We?ve cleaned up our camp and cleared out all signs out presence in the vicinity. Burk made sure Choruk?s utensils were ?taken care of,? as well.

I feel a little bad about that?

Inside their helmets, or ?buckets,? as the sometimes call them, I perceive that the commandos are singing one of their Mando war songs to psyche themselves up.

Cuyan notices that I?m watching them, and switches his audio to ask me if I?d like to listen in. I nod, and he changes the setting back and hands me the helmet.

? Bal kote, darasuum kote,
    Jorso?ran kando a tome.
    Sa kyr'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

? And glory, eternal glory,
    We shall bear its weight together.
    Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.

As the last note dies away, I return Cuyan?s helmet.

Tion?ad hukaat?kama? Burk asks, Who?s got your back?

Tion?ad hukaat?kama? He says it louder, pounding Nine?s chest plate.

Tion?ad hukaat?kama? This time, the entire squad yells as one.

I smile to myself. This squad.

To Be Concluded...

8. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    Heya little miss Mando. I'll get to you when I can, but today's piano lessons, so I could be a bit.

9. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    Short but cool I liked how you put in the Mandoa chant that was cool

10. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Impressive, Roain, most impressive. [/Vader]:p
    In case you're interested, I also have an RC fan fic as well. A link is in my bio.

11. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    Will have responses soon! Possibly Sunday. =) I smell pizza in the other room...

-Roain <><

12. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    :) Looking forward to it, ner vod Hmm...you learn something new everyday...I play the piano also. How long have you been playing?

Vor'e. That was my favourite song from the playlist I have, so I wanted to incorporate it sometime, and this one turned out to be a good choice I think.

[face_thinking] I'll have to get to that soon...I'm sure it'll be good. :)

Thank you all for reading!

-Roain <><

13. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    New Section Tomorrow! :) :)

-Roain <><

EDIT: sry it's gonna be really late.

14. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    Hmm, six years now. I play grade eight Toronto royal conservatory level, but my sight-reading is, to borrow from Mary Poppins, something quite atrocious.

Instead of going to the trouble of doing two reviews, I'm going to wait 'till you post the next chapter and then do them as a unified blob. How's that sound?

15. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    Sounds good, K_K. Next chapter to follow! :)

-Roain <><

16. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    Very short-

Not long after this ritual, under the cover of darkness, Tehama Hyse leads her squad across an open field near the Separatist comm center. RC-1810 signals for a halt as a blue holo-figure appears in his left hand to deliver a message. After a moment, he nod and replies.

?It will be done, my lord.?

He gestures to the rest of his squad.

Adrenaline surges through my veins. I can hardly contain myself.

It?s almost over. We?re going home.

I?m a little annoyed when Burk has us stop, but I suppose another minute won?t kill me. I?ve waited a long while already. The Seps are so close, I can practically smell them. I gaze ahead toward the comm center and run over the plan in my head once more.

Cuyan and I will go in here, while Burk, Nine, and Choruk make their way over to that side. In and out. No worries. Parjai?s got-

My back. Pain.

I slump over from my kneeling position onto my side. The squad, my squad is standing over me, decees trained on vital areas.

A lump forms in my throat as I hear Nine?s last words to me.

?Goodbye, aruetii .?

Traitor? No? My world turns to darkness.

17. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    It's a mystery.:(

For RC's and a Jedi this is light work, hmm?

[face_laugh]

War songs eh? I wonder if it could possibly be...

*looks at lyrics*

Hey! What a coincidence. I'm right!

Darn decent of him, I must say.

If you haven't heard this already, here's a link to the actual song, performed en masse by Clone Troopers.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/downloads/mp3s/VodeAn_BrothersAll.mp3

Well, that was interesting. On to the next one then?

Oh Crap. I should've known.:oops:

*gakh!*...the subtle irony.

:eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Alas, quite sad.

As Jedi knight Roan Shryne said in RotDL (referencing the Commando who help him to escape) "the Climbers of this galaxy are far and few between."

Some of the commandoes may have been able to save their Jetiise commanders, but it looks like Burk, Nine and the others were not in that happy group.

Return to the force Jedi Hyse. May you rest in peace.

18. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    Oh! And for all you Clone fans out there, here's a video you'll probably like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvgGNyJTYnY&search=Republic%20Commandos

19. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    Nooooo!

20. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    Well, in retrospect, it wasn?t too bad. Especially when I found out the hotel did have a computer with Internet access! It wasn?t on the website, so I didn?t realise they had it. Imagine my surprise and complete elation! :p

Apparently. :p With five able-bodied team members (and the Force, of course), I think they could handle it.
    (Hey, that rhymed!)

I couldn?t resist?:p

How?d you know?! C?mon?out of all of them Vode An and Dha Werda Verda are probably the most popular. That?s not really saying much, though. But I am a bit partial to Vode An

Vor?e, ner vod. I don?t recall where I found the file I have, but I do like that web site. I hadn?t seen that before.

Right-o

Come now, do I ever let them live? [face_devil]

It was just to good an opportunity to pass up.

The RotDL thing just went straight over my head. Care to explain? I may have to experiment with a viggie like that?*runs from evil plot bunnies*

@};-

[face_devil] But it's so much easier to kill them off than to keep it up. Yea, that has got to be the lamest excuse on record, but I'm just not up to epics yet.

Thanks for reading everyone! Look out for more from me in the future or you can check out my other fics. (See links below) Most of them could use a serious bump. [face_batting] [face_praying]

-Roain <><

Aeria's Story (My first)
    http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22288591/p1/?1
    With Head Held High
    http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22586424/p1/?0
    The Will of the Force
    http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22632042/p1/?2
    What Have You Done?
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23447265&brd=10476&replies=0

21. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005