main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tionne's Double Viol - Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by AzuraBlaise, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzuraBlaise

AzuraBlaise Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2011
    So, I've been entertaining the idea of making my own working real-life version of Tionne's Double Viol. I am perfectly aware that this could either go one of two ways - cool or badly. Really badly.

See the reference image here (Wookiepeedia)

I realise that it would be next to impossible to make an exact replica that worked because of the extended neck that passes past the two soundboxes along with other things.

However, I was wondering if I didn't have the neck extend over the soundboxes, just at the top of the first soundbox and to link the two boxes together, that I could make an accoustic instrument.

At the bottom of each soundbox (it'll probably end up in the middle of each of the soundboxes), the strings would pass through a wide bridge, which if it's done right, will make a sound like a sitar.

The actual holes in the soundboxes would have to be modified from the ones in the picture. They're way too big and I don't think that they would work.

In my mind they would be like two five string cigar box guitars attached together.
    So, can anyone see any flaws in my plan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.