main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TIRED OF GLOOM AND ANGST? Here's my proposition! (hear me out, okay??) hehe

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Yoda-Feet, Jul 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda-Feet

Yoda-Feet Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Hello there!!

This is the first time I've ever posted something in the Writer's Resource Forum, but I felt that I needed to!

Now- I know this may have been done before- but, it won't hurt doing it again, will it? Oh well, I'm doing it anyway. :)

Lately, I've been reading loads of really dark and depressing fics, and I think I've just about had enough of them. AND I've noticed it really affects my personality-- all the sudden I feel like killing myself. (That's never good, is it?? ?[face_plain] ) Don't get me wrong, once in a while a love a good drama...but I need a break! I'm in the mood for something hapy-- and humorous!

So here is what I am challenging yall to do. If anyone is up to it, I would like some happy stories. :) Now, I
    will admit it...I am a hopeless romantic, and I always love a romance. I like children (though not as dominate characters,) thrown into the mix too. I particularly love the Skywalker family, myself ;)--- so... I challenge you to brighten up the mood around here! (A/U's are always nice...)*hehe*

Haha... I know what some of you may be thinking: I can't believe Yoda-Feet! Trying to make us write stories just for her enjoyment...blah... Well no, my friends! [face_laugh] This is not so!!

I'm not comanding anyone to do anything- :) - and not just for me either. I happen to know that this
    proposal will bennefit many people...

If anyone else feels the way I do- please, feel free to make your voice heard in this thread. I'm not busy with anything at the moment either...so, if there are ideas out there that need to be harvested, I'd be glad to help! :) (please??)lol...I'm pathetic :( and I probably need help...anyways-

Also, if you know of a good, lighthearted family fic (???? don't look at me like that!) let us all know by posting
    it in this thread! (As you can tell, I have a LOT of free time on my hands this summer! )

WOW...I don't think I've ever written this much on a board before when I wasn't posting a fic... Hope I'm not annoying anyone with this- I know a lot of you like angsty/dark things... and I like them too- to a certain extent.

I'll be checking back to see if anyone has similar views on this matter!

Thanks!!

Yoda-Feet

Oh yes-
    I also have a question...

How do I make a link to one of my stories? I just can't seem to figure that out... :mad:-

Once again, thanks! [face_love]

I hope this thread will be of use to those who share my feelings! :D

-YF

2. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    I agree, lot's of angst, not enough humor. I don't have anything against angst, but there's just too much.

I recomend Jedi Boopers and candid moments by Rogue11JS. Plenty of humor and insanity. I can't do links, but it's on the Beyond the Saga board.

3. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This is a good idea. :) I don't know if there is a Humor Story Index already (I should have checked the official index before hitting the reply button [face_blush]) but you could certainly change the title of this thread to something like, "The Light-Hearted Story Index" or something more creative. ;) I personally would like to have a thread to check out stories that are a bit lighter when I'm in a blue mood.

I know I've read stories on here that would fit this category, I'll try to find them and put the links up later. You might also try all the story indexes on the Pre/Post/Saga boards and the main index, too, to search for keywords. The summer nominations thread had a humor category, too. :D

4. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    The vast majority of my stuff is humour. Even when I start out trying to be serious, I end up doing humour. :p

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I can honestly say that most of my stuff, though it does have its angsty moments, is humor. There's no way I can get out of it. Life is just too funny sometimes. :p

Jae Angel

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well YF you know of my silly AU While you were out

Anakin and 'O-pee-Wan' and the twins....

To make a link in your sig for your story just copy the URL and add it to your sig line... it won't be a pretty link but it will work!

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I know I write a ton of angst, but have you read "Not Of This Fold"? It's got romance AND humour. Lots of humour. Poor Jag . . . [face_devil]

But I'm not about to stop writing angst. I'm not the Queen of K/J Angst for nothin'!

Dana

8. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
  9. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Well, I have Papa Don't Preach, where Han tries to set up Jaina's marriage and Jacen and Kyp try and help her out with some interesting results. Pranks, innuendo, slapstick, and all your faves included.

And an earlier attempt at humour is Yoda Has a Bad Day. The title says it all.

I also have a few interesing viggies, but I'll put up links to them later.

10. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Well a lot of fics out there are depressing and angsty, but I usually skip over them- I'm a hopeless romantic too, so I'll gladly read something with TONS of mush and little or no plot- as long as it's well written! But some of my *favorite* fics are funny- try InyriForge's stories:

Evasion: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9550601
    A Change of Plans: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9448783
    Deception: link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11145359&replies=1090

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
  12. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
  13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
  14. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Hi,

I also recommend Yubyub's Babysitter story. :p

For outright humor so funny you won't be able to breathe, read anything by BlindMan.

My story is drama, but it has humorous moments and I don't think it is depressing at all.

inez

15. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
  16. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    Oh, and if you want fluffy humor that won't kill you for lack of oxygen read Tarionne's Dating my Teenage Daughter. It takes a long time for her to update, but it's worth it.

17. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Good idea!

I was so sick of the gloom and doom that I started writing Wild Knights. While not exactly humor, it is a light hearted adventure that takes place 4 years before AOTC with Obi-Wan, Siri and Garen chasing after an antique lightsaber.

18. Rep

Rep Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    (Yeah, okay, bit late responding, but w/e)

Well, YF, I'd write a solid mush fic if I thought A) someone would read it and not just say, "Wait, so, nothing happens? They just love each other?" and B) someone would read it, period.

Me, I'd be perfectly content to have Padme and Anakin buy a planet and live happily ever after. But, I think, the FanFic community would be after my neck. :p

Cheers,
    Rep

PS - not to shamelessly advertise my fic, but, there will be an all-romance vignette coming up. And you can just, uh, not read the depressing vig's in the fic. :p If you want to read that, PM me and I'll be glad to tell you when I finish it. :D

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I tend to write all kinds of different things - angst, humor, romance and dark comedy. I find writing just one type too boring. Besides, everyone could use a good laugh once in a while. Here's the links to two of my humor stories.

The Bureaucrats are in Charge - This one explains why Anakin went to the Dark Side
    It's a Jungle in There This one is just silly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.