TIS - Chapter Seven The Battle for the Galaxy Continues

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Apr 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

The Lady Sondara Carre paced impatiently back and forth across the bridge of her flagship, hands clutched tightly at the small of her back. Only sheer self discipline kept her from letting more of her agitation show. Her strength in the Force was not great, but it was there, providing an insight which had served her well for the past decade... and right now, it was filling her with an anxiety she could not express in words, a strange apprehension that something was going to happen, something important.

It was all she could do to cling to her composure as this bizarre anxiety mixed with adrenaline born of battle and bloodlust, causing a primal stirring in her blood that frightened and excited her at the same time. She had never known a feeling quite like this, in all the battles she'd been in. It was such a raw, savage feeling, a desire to reign destruction on her enemies, on the filthy Rebel scum who had destroyed the Empire she had loved. It was a lust for revenge, to quench her thirst for retaliation with blood.

She loved the feeling, loved how strong it made her feel, loved how it opened her mind to the Dark Side. She revelled in the purity of the emotion, the hatred... delighted in the redness of Rebel blood shed against the green of Svalbard's earth. She would have her revenge. Her father, her old life, her beloved Empire... they would be avenged, their destruction atoned for by her destruction of the Rebels.

Captain Belacqua approached her cautiously, as if he, too, could sense the intangible things she felt in her blood. "My lady Carre," he said, bowing deeply. "The initial phase of attack has been completed. The Rebels have been routed, their defense shattered. Our troops are tracking them down and neutralizing them."

"Very good, Captain." Had those words come out in that unusually heated tone, so close to a snarl? Carre barely recognized her own voice, usually so cool and reserved, icy as was her typical demeanor. But right now, she felt charged with heat. "Death tolls?"

"On our side, quite low." Belacqua smiled icily, an expression he'd picked up from her over the years. "On their side... well, let's just say I can almost forgive their cowardice in turning tail and running. They do not stand a change with the numbers they have."

Carre filled her lungs with a sharp intake of air, then let it out slowly. "Then there would be little danger in my going down to the planet's surface at this time?"

"My lady?" Belacqua sounded confused. "Why do you wish to take even this slight risk? Um... my lady?"

She had been staring out the viewport momentarily, losing herself briefly to this primal power, this hot bloodlust, this intriguing tug of the Force that drew her to the planet. A slow smile formed on her lips, and she turned back to Belacqua. The captain gulped and stepped back, for the look on her face was so predatory it seemed unhuman.

"Let's just say I feel... compelled." Her silver eyes closed for a moment as her spirit drank the thick adrenaline charged emotion like expensive wine. They opened very slowly, meeting Belacqua's.

Her lips moved, the sound escaping them in a bare hiss. "Summon my bodyguards."

Belacqua hesitated, obviously disturbed by whatever had come over his commander. Lady Carre raised an eyebrow at him, and he nodded quickly, belately. "Yes, my lady," he stammered, heading off to see to it.

Carre allowed herself another moment to enjoy this emotional heat, this churning myriad of battle-born emotion, before composing herself again. No need to become drunk on her power right now... not while there was still work to be done...

*~*~*~*~*

She was surrounded by death; it fed the fire of the Dark Side that filled her spirit, strengthening her anxiety that something was going to happen, here, today... something crucial. Something tied closely to the death of her father...

Her black hair was stirred from her shoulders by a breeze as she walked among the dead bodies, her silver eyes scanning the carnage with no emotion. They deserved to die for what they had done to her Empire...

A soldier app
  2. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Master

star 2
    "My Lord?"
    Darth Agent Mulder growled. "What is it, Smith?"
    "The stormtroopers are awaiting your command, sir."
    Mulder, almost lazily nodded. "Very well. Tell them I want the Jedi on board the Heron here, on the Unnatural, and that all other passengers and squadron members are to be executed. There will be no failures, understood?"
    "Yes, my Lord."
    "Well," Mulder hesitated, then put a finger to his blue lips, "if you happen to kill a Jedi or two, I suppose that doesn't matter." An evil smile played his face.
    The stormtroopers had gotten into the Heron with maximum efficiency and were now storming the hallways.

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 04-28-2000).]
  3. Darth Homer 327 Force Ghost

star 4
    Homer stepped forward. The Dark Jedi was in a defensive position. Homer thought of this as odd, since they were being tracked by this thing.

"He doesn?t know what to expect of me." Homer thought.

Homer somersaulted over to where the dark figure was standing. Lightsabers connected. The fight became a blur. The sabers were flashing so fast, CiCi couldn?t tell who had the upper hand in the fight.

Dirk Kensing, the Dark Jedi, was suprised by Homer's strength and agility. He decided to take on an offensive position, before Homer got too far ahead. Dirk struck at Homer's head, Homer blocked it. Before he knew it, Dirk was on the defensive again.

He would not fail his master. Darth Mulder had commanded Homer Starkiller brought before him, and that is what would come to take place. The thought of not becoming a Sith Lord filled Dirk with rage. Dirk pressed his attack. Homer was still too strong for him.

CiCi, who was standing on the side waited for a chance to fire a shot at the dark warrior. She fired her blaster, and he deflected it back at her despite the lighting fast battle he was already in. The blast hit a tree, inches from her head. CiCi decided she would not try that again.

Dirk decided it best if he continued the battle later, when his comrades were with him. He round house kicked Homer in the jaw, and while Homer was temporarily stunned, Dirk disappeared into the darkness. Homer took a defensive stance, and looked in all directions, to make sure Dirk was not hiding, waiting to strike out. Homer walked over to CiCi.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

"Of course!" She said.

"Good, that blast came pretty close to hitting your head. I'd die if anything happened to you." He told her.
    "Well thanks, but that's not necessary." She grinned.

"You know, if we ever get a break, I'd love to take you out." Homer risked it.

"Sure, I'd like that." She told him.

"Great!" Homer exclaimed.
    "We had better hurry up, there?s no telling what kind of situation Talon Squad is in right now." Homer said.

"Your right. I hope they haven?t jumped from this space." CiCi replied

"Well, we're not too far from the city, lets go." Homer said.

As they continued back on their way, CiCi slipped her hand into Homer's. They smiled at eachother, and walked down the path.
  4. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    A warning in the Force sent Trika hiding in the corner, just before several Imperial stormtroopers went by.
    But one was sulking behind. Perfect.
    Trika took the opportunity as soon as the rest of the stormies had entered the next room. Trika grabbed the slacker from behind and shot him in the head almost silently, urging those wandering minds that they had heard nothing, it was only their imaginations.
    The stormtroopers must've taken the notion, because no one came to haul her away. Not yet, anyway.
    --------------
    Trika dragged the body of the stormie all the way to the bridge, meeting the other Talons and dropping him at General Ski's feet.
    "Someone wanna tell me where my friend came from, and what's going on?"
  5. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

The sound of the speederbikes had grown distant now. Mara closed her eyes and stretched out into the Force, her mind probing the area around her and Obi-wan. She detected no immediate danger for either the two of them or CiCi and Homer, and was about to say so to Obi-wan when-

Mara!

She blinked, unable to discern for a moment whether the scream had been aloud or simply in her head, perhaps through the Force. Obi-wan's apparent lack of concern beyond their current situation seemed to suggest the latter... but what did it mean?

She was tempted to ignore it and let herself believe that it was just her imagination, but there was something... familiar about the feeling she'd gotten. As if that scream had come from someone she knew...

Abruptly, her danger sense flared. Her eyes widened as she realized what was wrong. Talon Squad was in terrible danger...

At the same moment, she realized that the scream she'd felt through the Force was her brother... who had been missing in action for well over a year, presumed to be dead.

She stopped dead in her tracks, trembling uncontrollably, a terrible fear welling up in her chest. Obi-wan also stopped and turned to face her, confusion and mild concern in his voice. "Mara?" She bit her lip, unable to speak as she cast out with the Force towards Malek.

My brother? You are alive?

Malek Jade did not respond to her query, but through the mental contact she had managed to establish, she felt his pain, and his fear. It made hers even more unbearable. Her face twisted, and she cried out softly, a choked sob that expressed all the anguish she could not put into articulate words.

"Mara! What's going on?" Obi-wan sounded very concerned now.

Mara felt tears well up in her eyes, and struggled to remain composed, struggled not to come undone. Her teeth were chattering now, not from cold but from the horrible feeling that her world was breaking apart. Her brother... Talon Squad...

"Mara... what's happening? Is something wrong?"

She looked at Obi-wan, her eyes full of horror. "Everything," she whispered.

~*~*~*~*~

Lady Carre forced herself to calm down, but it was difficult to do with her father's murderer standing before her. She ran her fingers over the knuckles of the hand she'd punched him with, scarcely comprehending the connection between the sticky red liquid on their pale skin and that which was pouring from General Malek Jade's mouth and nose. It did not make sense; she was usually so icily calm. Had she really done that? Lost her temper and decked him?

The thought of what else she might be capable of when not in her own control frightened her to the core.

She realized that everyone was staring at her, Malek in recognition and fear, her soldiers and Reyanna in wonderment and confusion. Lady Reyanna stepped forward slightly, a puzzled expression on her pale face. "My lady? Another old acquaintance?"

"You could say that," said Carre. "He killed my father." The red hot anger she'd felt upon first seeing Malek Jade was fading into an icy hatred, the bloodlust now a chilly loathing. This man... this scum... had ruined her life, and he would pay dearly in due time. No need to rush things... the slower, the more painful, the better.

<<Reyanna... I believe you have something to say, no?>>
  6. LeiaB Jedi Knight

star 2
    Reyanna stared at Carre in disbelief. Could they really be this fortunate, to have captured Carres most hated enemey? The disgust that Reyanna saw in Carres eyes caused her to loose her temper with this worthless Jedi even more then she already had. Still stunned from the blow to his face, Reyanna whirled around and grabbed Malek Jade by the throat, her grip tightened as the power of the dark side of the force took over Reyannas actions. She lifted him up and threw him back against the wall of the Rebel base. He crumpled down onto the ground as he moaned in agony.

"He is yours to do with as you please, of course Carre." Reyanna started to walk away, she knew how sweet revenge could be.

"Wait...Reyanna," Carre touched her arm and Reyanna turned to face her, "We once spoke about securing the future of the Empire...someone to rule once we were gone."

Reyanna glanced at the battered Jedi who was now lying in a red pool of blood on the ground. Daylek, her squad captain had a blaster pointed at his head. She looked back at Carre and smiled, "What are you saying my Lady?"

"Just that we have worked damn hard at rebuilding our beloved Empire, and it will be restored to it's full glory if it is the last thing I do." Carre did not take her eyes off of Malek as she spoke, "Malek comes from a long line of Jedi, he is indeed very stong with the force...his offspring would be very powerful."

Reyanna walked over to Malek, stooped down and took his chin in her hands..."The ultimate betrayal, his own child...a rebels child, raised up in the heart of the Empire...to worship the dark side of the force, raised to hate his fathers own people...it's the perfect revenge."

"Reyanna, he could replace the child you once lost...it will be revenge for both of us." Carre summoned her bodyguard and took a red vile out of his pack, "It's an mind enhansement drug...he will know what is happening, but will be powerless to stop it."

Reyanna stood up and calmed her mind. She reached out and saw the future of the Empire...and her son, it's leader. Blood covered her dark robe and her hands clinched into tight fists. Malek tried to get up on his own, and Reyanna kicked him swiftly in the side. "Daylek, take this worthless filth inside what is left of this pathetic excuse for a base. I will deliver him to you personally, Carre, when I am done with him."

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 04-28-2000).]
  7. Darth Homer 327 Force Ghost

star 4
    it was now early morning. Homer and CiCi had finally made it to the city of Athenaeum.

Homer had shed his flightsuit, and was now wearing Jedi garb, sans the robe. CiCi was wearing dark blue spacer pants, calf length boots, and a tanktop. As they walked into the city, they talked.

"Where will we look first for the shield generator?" CiCi asked.

"I have an old friend who lives here, he will have the parts we need." Homer replied.

the city was bustling with people. there were endless shops along the bulivard. They walked into a small store.

Inside, a skinny man with a large nose was fiddeling with a small electronic panel. He jerked his face up when they walked in.

"Homer?" The man asked.

"Hey Skeet." Homer greeted him.

"Well what can I do for ya?!?! What are you doing here? and who is this?" Skeet asked, looking in CiCi's direction with a sly grin.

"This is CiCi, Skeet." Homer told him.

"Pleased to meet you, CiCi." Skeet said with a raised eyebrow. He reached out his grimy grease covered hand. After realizing this, he wiped it on his shirt, and held his hand out again. CiCi shook his hand despite it was still grimey as could be.

"We need a 327 shield generator for a Y-wing fighter, and we need it fast." Homer told Skeet.

Skeet stroked his thin goatee thoughtfully, unknowingly smearing grease all over his face.

"I can get you a rebuilt one." Skeet told Homer.

"That wont do, those rebuilds arent worth poodoo." Homer told Skeet.

"Well.....I could get you a new one....but it might take me a couple hours." Skeet reasoned.

"We are short on time." Homer said.

"Thats the best I can do. If your willing to wait, I'll make it worth your while." Skeet said.

"How is that?" Homer asked.

"I can get some added bonuses added to it....some new stealth technologies...they arent exacly legitement in this sector, but they are good, real good." Skeet wispered.

"Alright, we'll wait." Homer said.

"Okay, let me go make a few calls, and you'll be in business before you know it." Skeet said.

"Okay, we'll be back in a couple hours." Homer told Skeet.

Homer and CiCi walked out onto the sidewalk.

"What should we do while we wait?" Homer asked CiCi.

"You can start by taking me out for breakfast." CiCi said with a smile.

"You got it. I know just the place." Homer said, snatching CiCi's hand.
  8. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    For a second, the rest of the squadron just stared at the body.
    "Well," Trika tapped her foot impatiently. "I haven't heard a thing since I fell out of bed ten minutes ago."
    General Ski shook his head. "It all snapped once you found the information on the bounty hunters. If Mulder is interested in Jedi to the point of putting a bounty on our heads, then he's likely to wipe out entire systems just to kill a few thousand." Kevin paused.
    Okay, this much Trika knew to be true. She had felt a great disturbance in the Force, but wasn't able to distinguish it from the other disturbance right outside the Heron. "And let me guess-"
    Ski finished. "They've found us."
  9. Laguna Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Talons stood nervously on the bridge with the dead stormtrooper's body at their feet. Two had their guns trained on the doorway, but the coridor beyond was empty.

"We need to send a communication to Coruscant, warning them of the danger," said General Ski. "Inform them that all planets with signficant populations of Jedi are to be evacuated."

"Sir, comms are jammed," said Quis from the console.

"Blast!" Ski turned back to the rest of the Squad. "Trika, where were those troopers headed?"

"I believe they were headed aft, Sir."

"Aft? What's down there? Wouldn't it make more sense to secure the bridge first?"

As though someone was listening to their conversation, Ski's question was answered. The entire bridge was plunged into darkness. After a moment they were bathed in the red glow of the auxilary lights.

"Sir, they've cut the power. Why?"

"To prevent our escape..." Ski looked about thoughtfully. "Raid those weapons lockers. We're going on a bug hunt."

"Sir?"

"We need to eliminate the troopers, then restore power."

"Wouldn't it be simpler to blast our way out in the fighters?"

"Besides the fact that they're likely to have the hangar barricaded? No, they want at least some of us alive and wouldn't risk our escape."

"Right," said Quis. "I'd say they're after the Jedi." Ski nodded sombrely, knowing well Mulders intense dislike for the Jedi of Talon Squadron.

"If we can eliminate the troopers," Quis continued, "we can restore power, then send the transport back on auto pilot. Mulder will believe his plan a success and we may make our escape."

"Correct," said Ski as the Squad loaded their weapons and stowed spare clips on their utility belts. "Alright, there are only a few of us at the moment so stay in close defensive formation. Watch one another's backs."

"Roger," they said in unison.

"Very well. Move out, Talons."

[This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 04-29-2000).]
  10. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Master

star 2
    Darth Agent Mulder read the report slowly and carefully, taking in every word, digesting it, and planning again. This time had to be perfect.
    "My Lord?"
    Mulder turned from his data pad and looked at the young officer at the communications console. "What is it?"
    "Power's been cut to the Heron. All stormtroopers have made their reports back except for Trooper 15."
    "He's dead," Mulder spoke to himself. "Is the virus hardwired into their computers?"
    The officer nodded. "They won't be leaving unless, of course, they can hold off the stormtroopers and get rid of the virus."
    "How long would it take before the virus could be eliminated?" Mulder asked.
    The officer shrugged. "Probably four hours, three and a half if they're really good. It all depends."
    Mulder laughed. "It matters not. The Jedi will be ours by then."
  11. LeiaB Jedi Knight

star 2
    After breakfast, CiCi and Homer browsed around a few of the local merchants shops and then walked back to retreive the new shield generator. It was a beautiful morning on Corellia, but CiCi and Homer were both tense and uneasy.

Homer put is arm around CiCi and pulled her aside before they entered Skeet's shop. "I have enjoyed being with you, I promice...when everything calms down, I will take you out on a proper date."

"I'm looking forward to it. Let's just hope that it is sooner than later, I have a bad feeling that things are not right up there." CiCi gave Homer a doubtful grin and squeezed Homers hand. They turned and entered the shop together.

~~~

After collecting the parts they needed, the two hurridly headed back towards their ship. The new stealth generator sounded impressive. CiCi had been reading about them lately and was excited about having one in their possession. She was anxious to see if it lived up to all the hype.

After an hour, CiCi looked around and then up at Homer, we have to be getting close to the ship by now, she thought to herself.

Suddenly Homer reached for his saber and ignited it, he pushed CiCi back behind him, but she alreay had her blaster in hand.

"I sense a terrible amount of danger CiCi...Stay alert!" Homer spoke in an unusual voice....calm but fearful.

But it was too late, the danger was already upon them.
  12. RogueLead11 Force Ghost

star 2
    <<<This includes stuff from waaay back in Talon Squad: Chapter One. That was a long time ago, come to think of it.>>>

Kendrick crouched behind some barrels of starship coolant, watching as the pair of stormtroopers entered the docking bay and trotted back toward their ship: a Lambda-class shuttle. He wasn't sure how the Imperial troops had gotten inside the Heron - he'd arrived in the hangar to find the shuttle already there - but it wasn't good news at all.

The lights of the hangar were dead. The power had been cut. The troopers' white armor made them easy to see as they moved around in the dark. That was perhaps the only good thing about the entire situation, Kendrick thought wryly.

One of the stormies glanced his way. Ducking back, Ken drew his hold-out blaster out of its shoulder holster. It wasn't much, but it would have to do.

Taking a deep breath, he rose from cover and started firing.

The first of the stormtroopers was already walking up the shuttle's ramp. Two of Ken's shots took him in the back and he went down without a sound. The trooper's partner, however, was quicker and was able to find cover before Kendrick could target him. Ken had to throw himself behind the barrels to avoid the man's return-fire.

He's going to call reinforcements in now. I've gotta finish him off quick.

He started to peer around, looking for the Imperial, but a quick barrage of blaster bolts forced him back down. Ken ground his teeth. There had to be something - anything - else he could use for a weapon. He emptied out his pockets, but the results weren't very heartening: a nutrition bar, a few spare credits, Quis' com-number...

Then a miniature remote clattered to the floor. A memory clicked. Fumbling in his haste, Ken picked up the remote and punched in a series of commands.

Not far away, the repulsor lifts of the Fledgling suddenly hummed to life as its slave-circuit activated. The circuit had been one of the few modifications Ken had made to the A-wing during his first few months in Talon Squad, although he hadn't found much opportunity to use the device before. The Fledgling lifted from the deck and began to float slowly around the room. The stormtrooper, momentarily panicked, aimed his shots at the pilot-less fighter, and Kendrick winced as crimson lasers lanced off his ship's hull.

But the distraction was enough. He lunged out of hiding. Ken found the stormtrooper on his feet in the open. The stormie saw him too and swung his blaster rifle around... too late. Three bolts from Ken's blaster splattered across his chest-armor.

Kneeling down next to the dead stormie, he relieved him of his blaster rifle, slung it over his shoulder by the strap. He found the Imp's partner and took his weapon as well. Then he set out into the corridor to search for the other Talons.

Two down. Who knows how many more to go.
  13. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Trika was in the lower levels of the Heron, sitting in darkness, trying to figure out exactly what had happened to the computers. She sure wished that another one of the four hackers was here. From what Trika could sum up about the situation, Kevin had told Kaiba to escape in a fighter, but who knows if she had actually gone through with the plan. Obi-Wan and Mara were on a mission with Homer and CiCi on Corellia, and that left Trika alone.
    "Sheesh," Trika muttered as she observed the damage done to the wiring. Someone who obviously had no clue what they were doing had accidentally made a huge mess of wires. Or maybe they did know what they were doing.
    Trika powered up the auxillary portable computer and got to work. Error messages abounded like crazy and the machine was seriously messed up.
    "Hurry up, Trika!"
    She had come with several other Talons who were covering for her. They were depending on her to get the power back on. Everyone was.
    "I'm trying. There's something totally wrong with the computers."
    "Yeah," the same voice came back, "the power's out."
    Trika was about to say something really sarcastic back when several blasts rang out, sending the other Talons into a crossfire.
    She kept on working. Typing in a few commands she finally figured out what was wrong.
    "We've got a virus on our hands, you guys!" she yelled over the blasts, knowing that they couldn't hear her, but she did so anyway. "It's," she stopped, searching for a word. "It's...it's...I don't know what it is!" Trika spat out in frustration. "Stop giving me error signs! I'm your creator, you worthless piece of bantha poodoo! Let me in!"
    The loud firing stopped suddenly and Trika looked up.
    The Talons were still in defensive position, only this time with three stormtrooper bodies at their feet.
    "Guys, did you hear me? We've got a virus on our hands."
    One of them looked back. "So what does that mean?"
    Trika bit her bottom lip in thought. "We won't have power until I get rid of it."
    "We don't have that long, Trika."
    Her lip twisted. "You've got to give me at least a couple of hours."
    "You expect us to hold off stormtroopers for that long?"
    Trika smiled wryly. "Yeah. If you please..."
  14. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jaren and Telia eased their speeder bikes through the large hole Jaren had had to blast in the wall and into the main corridor of the Heron. He would probably get chewed out by his superiors from General Ski on up to Princess Leia, but right now he didn't have time to worry about that. Right now he had to get the heavy weapons he and Telia had taken from the weapons lockers to the rest of the squad holed up in the computer rooms.

Jaren mounted the bike and hit the ignition switch. Behind him, he noted Telia doing the same thing and together they took off down the halls at top speed, each dragging a small repulsor sled filled with heavy repeating blasters, thermal detonators, and all the other goodies the New Republic liked to supply its soldiers with.

Hearing their approach, several stormtroopers looked up in surprise and snapped off a few unsuccessful shots. Jaren hit the trigger on his handlebar, sending three scarlet bolts toward the stromtroopers. None of his shots hit but the stormtroopers took cover and the two speeders screamed past.

Jaren could just picture the looks on the troopers faces and the muttered curses as two complete idiots rode speeder bikes inside a starship. And he had to agree with them. This wasn't something he would do under any other circumstances, but the Talons were pinned down and outgunned by numerically superior forces and time was critical.

He and Telia slowed down to a crawl as they rounded a corner and then sped up again as they hit another straight away.

Jaren slammed on his airbrakes as a familiar figure practically stepped into his path; it was Kendrick.

"Need a ride?" Telia asked as she pulled up alongside Jaren.
  15. Darth Homer 327 Force Ghost

star 4
    Homer spun around to see three speeder bikes headed straight at them. Homer pulled CiCi out of the way, covering her as a human shield. The speeder bikes sped over top of them, missing them by inches.

As they came around for a second pass, Homer ignighted his lightsaber, and pulled CiCi behind him. The three speeder bikes began firing at them, Homer deflected all the shots, and pulled CiCi's hand down the trail, as the speeders came for another pass.

Homer and CiCi topped a hill, seeing their ship just 30 yards away. They were almost to the Y-wing, when the dark Jedi had caught up with them again.

This time Homer jumped into the air, kicking the Lead biker, Dirk, in the chest, knocking him off his seat. As the speeder bike bore into the ground, throwing up dirt and gravel, the Dark Jedi rolled and came to a defensive stance, ignighting his lightsaber.

"Install the generator, I'll take care of these guys!" Homer told CiCi.

Homer had the feeling that he may never see CiCi again. He leaned forward and kissed her. She gave him a loving expression, then it turned to determined, as she remembered she had to install the shield generator. She nodded and ran to the ship, with the generator in her hands.

Homer turned and faced the dark assassin, ignighting his lightsaber. The other two Dark Jedi, Skrull and Vereb stepped into the picture, ignighting their sabers also.

Homer brought his saber down on Dirk, he blocked, and Homer turned the saber to Vereb on the right, as he gave a low leg sweep to Skrull. They battled for several minutes, Homer held his ground, but was fading fast.

Vereb noticed CiCi installing the generator. She was almost finished. He ran over to her, and tackled her. He yanked the blue crystal around her neck off, and pulled her over to where the saber fight was taking place.

Homer had a slight advantage, since there was now two Dark Jedi to fight. Homer took advantage of a break in Skrull's consentraition, by decapitating him in a fast spin. Homer spun around to face Dirk. Dirk now had his saber deactivated, and was holding CiCi in his grasp.

Vereb stopped, to watch the scene take place. Dirk pressed the hilt of his saber into CiCi's chin, ignighting it would cut through her skull. Homer stopped, and drank in the scene.

"She dies!" Dirk yelled.

"Wait!" Homer shouted.
    "I'm the Jedi, your after me, killing her would do you no good. If you will release her, I will allow you to do with me what you wish." Homer reasoned, now sweating bullets.

"Very well. throw away your saber." Dirk told Homer.

Homer deactivated it, and tossed it into the woods. Dirk released CiCi. She stepped back, and watched Vereb go to place binders on Homer. Dirk ignighted his saber, and prepared to strike down CiCi. Homer Force pushed Vereb, and ran towards Dirk. Dirk swung his lightsaber at Homer, Homer ducked the blade, and punched Dirk full force. Dirk hit the ground hard, and knocked Homer off his feet as he fell. Dirk slugged Homer hard, and placed binders on him. Vereb now tried to attack CiCi.

CiCi pulled a small blaster out of the waist of her pants. She blasted Vereb in the chest, killing him. Dirk moved in with his saber against CiCi, but Homer rammed him from behind, knocking him down. TIE fighters began swarming the area.

"Get to the ship!" Homer yelled to her.

"I wont leave you!" She yelled back.

"Go!" Homer screamed, as Dirk rose and punched him in the ribs.

CiCi ran to the ship, and got in the cockpit. The ship hovered above the ground, as she watched Homer being loaded into a prisoner wagon.

"I will find you, and I will rescue you, Homer." she promised.

Homer watched CiCi taking off, and he hoped he would see her again. Where he was going now, he would be lucky to survive. And she would have a struggle where she was going, with all these swarms of TIEs.

"May the Force be with you." Homer wispered to CiCi, even though she couldnt hear him.

[This message has been edited by Darth Homer 327 (edited 04-30-2000).]
  16. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Master

star 2
    Darth Agent Mulder was impatient, that was all there was to it.
    "How many men have sent back their reports?"
    The same young officer grimaced. "Six are dead, sir."
    Mulder raised a blue-black eyebrow. "So these rebels are more intelligent than originally thought to be."
  17. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Trika had been fooling around with the computers for a little over thirty minutes. She still sat in darkness, the only light radiating from the computer she stared at.
    "This should do it," she mumbled to herself, pushing her execute button and deleting the virus from the system.
    The wires were another problem.
    Taking the broken ends in her hands, Trika arranged them in a makeshift bunch. Several of the metal parts connected, sending sparks flying.
    "Holy Sith monkeys," she muttered, putting two ends togther and closing her eyes.
    The power flickered on for a moment, shutting off as soon as she let go. She got a lovely shock.
    "Ouch!" Trika yelled, the voice echoing throughout the room they were in.
    Some of the Talons that were with her hissed at her to be quiet.
    "I'm sorry," she hissed back, shaking her shocked hand, "anyone have a conductor on them?"
    The rest of her group gave her a crazy look, shaking their head no.
    Trika glanced around the room, searching for anything that would connect the group of wires. She gasped, quickly realized that the answer was right on her.
    Trika grasped her necklace, tearing it off her neck and wrapping it around several wires. The particular order was mind-boggling, and Trika kept the order neatly together. The last of the ends connected, and the power abruptly came on.
    Trika covered her eyes from the blinding light the bathed the room.
    "You did it, Trika!"
    "Yeah," she said, uncovering her eyes that had now adjusted to the light, "and you guys owe me a new necklace."
  18. Darth Homer 327 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hands bound behind his back, Homer was escorted aboard the Unnatural. Being led by Dirk and several stormtroopers, Homer was taken to the main conference room. As they entered, Homer saw Darth Mulder sitting alone at the end of the conference table. Dirk slammed Homer's face down on the cold metal table.

"Your prize, my master." Dirk said cockily.

"You have done well padawan. That was your final test. I bestow upon you the title of Sith Knight." Mulder hissed.

Dirk held back an evil grin.

"What shall my title be?" Dirk asked.

"I have decided on.... Darth Ash." Mulder replied.

"Thank you master." Darth Ash said while bowing.

"Now leave us." Mulder said to Darth Ash.

Ash and the stormtroopers walked out of the room, leaving Homer alone with Mulder. When Darth Ash entered the hallway, he let his smile out. He had done it, he was finally a Sith. Before long, he would become a Sith Lord, and when that happened, all the other Sith Lords would perish. Ash had many plans ahead that only he knew of. The first in line was destroying the other Sith, and restoring the old Sith order: a master, and an apprentice. He would tell no one of this, he would let them wittness it. Ash reached into his pocket and pulled out the necklace he had found on Vereb's corpse. It was a beutiful blue crystal. Ash had seen the Girl CiCi wearing it. He assumed that Vereb had grabbed it off of her as a trophy.

Ash smiled. "This necklace could be a great ally against Starkiller." He thought.

"This should be fun." He said aloud with an eerie grin.
  19. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Master

star 2
    <<I have an apprentice?>>
    "Homer Starkiller, strategy officer," Mulder stood up, walked over to the man, grabbed a chunk full of his hair and continued, "Jedi Knight for Talon Intelligence Squadron," he threw the Jedi against the wall. "According to Imperial Intelligence, you've only been there for a short while, so I don't see how you could be useful." Mulder tapped a button on his comlink.
    Immediately, seven stormtroopers filled the entrance.
    "Take Starkiller to the interrogation chamber. You know exactly what information I want," he ordered. Mulder pulled out some papers and handed them to another. "Make a transmission to Coruscant, preferrably from a neutral place, not here, and send these papers. Perhaps, if I cannot get rid of Talon Squadron directly, I can get rid of them indirectly."

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 05-01-2000).]
  20. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    <<I won't be here for a while. Say a week because I need to prep for my high school graduation. You all seem to be posting good for my character(s) so I guess that I will not be missed in my absence. Carry on, good fellows. >>
  21. Darth Homer 327 Force Ghost

star 4
    <<He's not directly your apprentice if you dont want him to be, but he calls you master, since you are his superior.>>

Homer was now strapped onto a torture rack. He was in the vertical position, and Darth Mulder was sitting across the room. Blood ran down his face, from Darth Ash slamming his face down on the table. Mulder stood up and walked over to Homer.

"I assume your wondering why I brought you here." Mulder said.

"It had crossed my mind." Homer said sarcasticly.

"As you know, Illusion Squadron has been a thorn in the side of the New Empire, for some time now." Mulder explained.

"What has that got to do with me?" Homer asked.

"I happen to know that you are an assotiate member of theirs." Mulder said.

Homer replied with nothing.

"You will tell me where their hidden base is, or I will kill you." Mulder said.

"I dont know what your talking about." Homer said flatly.

"Oh, you know, and you will talk.....soon enough." Mulder laughed.

Mulder flipped a switch, and the torture rack that Homer was on began to get hot. Like small hot coals burning his back. the heat became intense. Homer looked off into space, teeth gritted, eyes focused. He would not scream, it would give Mulder too much satisfaction.

"Just tell me where the base is, Starkiller, and I will stop." Mulder said.

"Go to hell." Homer shot back.

Mulder smiled. he flipped another switch. the metal bands hold Homer's wrists and ankles down, began to tingle.

"How many volts shall we start with?" Mulder asked with a grin.

Suddenly, Homer began to shake violently. Mulder turned up the wattage.

"You will talk, or be destroyed!" Mulder shouted.

Homer wasnt talking. Mulder decided he had best stop the electrocution before Homer died. He stopped.

"We shall continue this later." Mulder said.

Mulder walked out of the room, while two stormtroopers undid the binding on Homer's hands. when he was released, he crumpled to the floor.

[This message has been edited by Darth Homer 327 (edited 05-01-2000).]
  22. LeiaB Jedi Knight

star 2
    <<Paging Mara Jade...paging - just kidding Mara. But...Reyanna is getting bored!>>

CiCi spun the ship around and headed up towards the bright sky as fast as her ship would go. The sun blinded her momentarily before she saw the three TIE fighters coming right towards her. She spun the ship several times just missing one of the TIE's and seconds later emerged into the blackness of space.

Her mind went back to what had happened moments eariler...it had happened so fast. Homer taken hostage by the Empire - she feared he would be killed before she could do anything to stop it. Hang on Homer...I'm coming...I'm coming.

She darted downward to avoid being blasted into pieces by the ememies who were gaining on her from behind. If she just could have had a few more minutes, the new shild generator would have been installed. As it was, she was a sitting duck.

"Looks like you could use some help!" Obi-Wan Jinn's voice suddenly came over the transmitter, "Break left, you've got one on your tail!".

CiCi exhaled a deep breath as Mara and Obi-Wans ship raced past her, flying right through the orange fireball that used to be the TIE fighter that was about to take her down.

"Man, am I sure glad to see you guys. I don't have any shilds and no gunner...I'm flying this baby!" CiCi exclaimed, "Let's blow these guys and get back to the base. Homer's needs our help."

With the force on their side, CiCi managed to out manuver the two remaining TIE's and Obi-Wan and Mara made sure none would be taking the return trip back to the Unnatural.

"Thanks guys! I owe you one."

As they got close to the Heron, they noticed right away something was wrong. The lights to the hanger flickered on, then off again, and finally back on as they came in for a landing. Right away they saw the Empire shuttle cruiser and two dead storm troopers lying near the ship. Other than that, the hanger was empty. CiCi drew her blaster immediately upon exiting her ship. Obi-Wan and Mara followed her, lightsabers in hand, as they cautiously made their way to the bridge.

23. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
  24. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

<<Page received... here I am.>>

Mara Jade bit her lip softly and glanced nervously over her shoulder, then shut her eyes momentarily. She could still feel Malek out there somewhere; his pain burned the edge of her consciousness and made concentrating on the situation at hand very difficult.

In the mean time, she, Obi-wan, and CiCi had their work cut out for them. With a sigh, Mara gently eased partially out of the mental contact with her brother, pushing it to the back of her mind where it would not distract her.

Forgive me, Malek... this is the only way I can focus on what needs to be done.

~*~*~*~*~

"Lady Carre... Reyanna has arrived with the prisoner."

"Very good, Kyros. Then leave me." Sondara Carre flicked her slender wrist almost lazily in the direction of her personal bodyguard in a graceful dismissive motion. The tall man half-bowed, nodding his head respectfully towards her, and headed towards the door. He repeated the gesture of respect to Lady Reyanna, who was just entering, and continued out into the hall.

Reyanna nodded a slight acknowledgement to the guard, then stepped into the room, dragging a battered and bloodied Malek Jade with her. She gave him a hard shove towards Carre. The Jedi landed at Sondara's feet, hitting his head on the ground hard. Carre eyed him for a moment, then nudged him sharply with the toe of her boot. He groaned softly.

Carre watched him a moment longer; then her silver eyes flicked back up to Reyanna's. "You're done with him?" she asked, her voice quivering with anticipation. Slow down... savor your revenge.

Her comrade nodded, giving the prone Rebel a look of contempt. "He's served his purpose. You are welcome to what's left of him."

"Excellent." Carre knelt next to him, tucking a long strand of shining black hair back into the elaborate braided coil she'd worked her hair into. She carefully rolled the Rebel onto his back, then grabbed his chin in one hand, forcing him to meet her gaze. He stared at her, and the horror she saw in his blue eyes delighted her. "Yes," she murmured. "You fear me, don't you?"

He closed his eyes. She bent closer, speaking softly into his ear.

"Do you fear me?" He cringed. Carre smiled and forced his eyelids apart, forced him to meet her gaze again. Still looking directly in his eyes, she withdrew a zenji needle from her hair. Several carefully plaited strands of her ebony locks spilled out of their arrangement, shimmering in the harsh light of the room. Her silver eyes never left his blue ones as her hand guided the needle to his throat. "Answer my question."

Malek Jade swallowed dryly, and Carre applied just enough pressure to the needle to break the skin of his throat. Pain crossed his face, and slowly he nodded.

"Good. Then I will make you fear me even more." The lacquered zenji needle slowly slid up his neck, carving a long trail of dark red blood. The Jedi's face contorted with pain as the needle continued to the skin of his face, drawing a bloody path up the side of one cheek.

Carre paused, the needle resting at his temple. "Tell me, Malek... how does it feel?" Her finger traced the long line of blood up his throat and face. "How does it feel to know that your child will be brought up to hate everything you fought for, be brought up to destroy it as it deserves? How does that make you feel?" The Rebel general's brow creased in torment from this torture, both mental and physical, and Carre continued. "How does it feel to know that your sister is going to die as soon as I can catch the little Rebel brat?" Her jaw tightened. "How does it feel, Malek Jade, to know that you yourself are going to die a slow and very painful death, with no way to save yourself?"

Sondara Carre didn't wait for him to answer before her zenji needle plunged into his chest. It was strategically placed; it would not kill him instantly. It just punctured his lung so that it would bleed internally. It would take several minutes for him to die, several minutes of unimaginable agony.

Malek Jade's lips moved. It was difficult to make out his speech beca
  25. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    <<In cooperation with Mulder, I've set the stage for the "Few Good Men" scene that TSL had mentioned on the Board.>>

Trika, after successfully electrocuting herself, decided it was best if they got moving. Who knew how long they had before the rest of the stormies decided to come back and find out who had turned the power back on.
    CiCi, Mara, and Obi-Wan had returned, catching up with the rest of the Talons near the hanger bay.
    "Where's Homer?"
    CiCi looked pained, as if something had been ripped out of her. "The Imperials have him."
    Trika cursed in her native tongue under her breath.
    "You do realize what this means?" Trika asked with a worried expression on her face.
    "Yeah," CiCi said with a little sarcasm, "we have to go after him."
    Trika's tone was serious. "That, and the fact that by going after him, we'll be going against orders."
    "By who? General Ski isn't holding us back," Obi-Wan pipped in, pointing to Kevin with a shrug.
    "Not my orders," Kevin started out, clearing his throat, "New Republic orders. We've got clear transmissions that say we have to cease all missions and report back to Coruscant effective today."
    "Who sent us those orders?" Ty-gon asked.
    "The communication was sent to my computer around lunch time by Mon Mothma herself," Trika added quietly.
    "We can't just leave Homer there! They'll kill him!" CiCi was going hysterical.
    "Come on," Mara Jade snorted, "you don't think the New Republic would understand our situation? They'll know we had to rescue-"
    "The problem is, I've been in a situation like this before," Cobra interrupted. "Military service will do that to ya, and sometimes the hammer comes down pretty hard. I don't know what their reaction would be to this."
    "We'll soon find out," Trika raised her voice above the murmuring of the squadron. "And, if we don't make it, we won't have to worry about it, will we?"
    Some of the Talons nodded their agreement.
    "Let's do it!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.