main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TIS - Chapter Seven The Battle for the Galaxy Continues

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Apr 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Homer 327

Darth Homer 327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 1999
    Testing

[This message has been edited by Darth Homer 327 (edited 05-13-2000).]

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Since TSL is AWOL, I will be starting chapter 8. It should be up shortly.

thnx
    Idiots Array

3. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    CiCi could not believe what had just happened. She layed on the floor, debris covering her legs and blood running down her arms where metal had pierced her skin. However, she felt nothing. Only a sickening stir in her stomach that was making her feel she needed to vomit. She stared at the room where Homer had just been holding her. He had saved her life...but, how could she go on without him? This was not supposed to be happening, she was going to save him.

Tears fell down her checks and droped to the floor. She could not even move. She heard R2-DZ beeping a distance away. But she stood in shock looking at the pile of rubble where the man she loved had been a few moments ago. And now, he was gone. A thunderous roar brought CiCi back to reality. More bombs....who could be doing this? She thought about staying with Homer, but the will to live took a hold of her. She looked back one last time and saw it...Homers lightsaber, laying about 5 feet from her. She immediately began throwing chucks of duracrete aside and picked up the saber. She held it and closed her eyes, it was all she had left of him. Missles, she heard them again - closer. She tucked the saber in her tunic and spun on her heals and run as fast as she could out of the building, R2 close behind.

She immediately made her way to the nest...and to her suprise, the Salvo Shuttle was still there. Ty-gon was standing in the hanger and hurried her inside.

Sitting now with Mara, she held onto Homers lightsaber. It seemed to comfort her in an amazing way. It calmed her. The thought entered her mind again that perhaps he had somehow survived.

Mara unexpectedly read her mind with the force, "Hold on to that thought CiCi. Don't give up on that."

"I want to get to the ships. I need to concentrate my anger elsewhere...and Mulder seems like a good target." CiCi held onto Mara hand as the shuttle moved quickly through the night sky of Corruscant and up int the stary blackness of space.

4. Darth Homer 327

Dec 24, 1999
    A New Republic cleanup team was removing the mess and debris from floor that had been bombed last night. It was now morning, and there was little chance of finding life in these ruins. Just then, one of the workers heard a beeping sound coming from his scanner.

"Sir! I'm picking up a life reading! Its not much of one, but theres something alive in here." The man said.

The captain walked over.

"See if you can recover whatever it is, and hurry." the captain said.

Workers began scrambling to pull the large pieces of duracrete from on top of the life reading. Moments later, the lead worker stopped and stared with wide eyes.

"Oh...my...Captain! We've found life!" The man screamed.

The captain ran over, and looked into the hole in the floor.

"Is he still alive?" The captain asked.

"Yes, but just barely. If we can get him to a medic before he dies, we'll be lucky." He responded.

"We need medics! And a stretcher!" The captain yelled.

5. Darth Homer 327

Dec 24, 1999
    can we start a new thread soon? These new posts arent showing up? Does TSL need to be the one to start the new thread?

6. Darth Homer 327

Dec 24, 1999

7. Darth Homer 327

Dec 24, 1999

8. Darth Homer 327

Dec 24, 1999

9. Darth Homer 327

Dec 24, 1999

10. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    I am in the process of filming a lightsaber fight, and am nearing completion. The question I have refers to sound. How do I put in the sound of the lightsaber swing and clash? What programs allow me to do this, and how do you know where to put the swing sound in?
    If anyone has a tutorial, please e-mail me.

Thank you.

DM

11. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    You'll need a program like Premier or Axogon (or sound Forge full version) that allows you to edit audio and video in tandem. As to where you put it, it has as much to do with feel as it does with anything else, but you'll want to synch up the individual effects by stepping through the frames and picking the place where you want the sound to start. Then, position the front of the waveform at that frame. I'd suggest laying out a four or five section segment at a time, rendering it and checking the synch, then going back and tweaking any errors. This, more than any other technical part of a fanfilm, is art more than science. It only comes through trial and error. Good luck!
    -Lokmer

12. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.