main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest 'Tis the Season

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Dec 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    We all probably have a range of different viewpoints and feelings about the holiday season. But whether Christian, Jewish, other religion, or no religion, we all PROBABLY agree that the central most important part of the season is not necessarily that which gets the most attention: peace and goodwill toward others.

This is a thread where we can post ways for us to give of what we have to those who have less.

I've got one to start us off:
    ------------------------------------------Here is an easy way to make a difference this holiday season. Campbell's is donating a can of soup to the needy for every person that goes to their site and votes for their favorite NFL team (up to 5 million cans).

Go to the site and it is right there, very easy to do. It will only take a few minutes of your time to fill some empty tummies with warm soup this winter.

Please forward this message to everyone in your address book too. Thanks.

http://www.chunky.com/click_cans.cfm
    (I don't know how to post it as a link, but you can just copy and paste to the address window on your browser. Sorry!)

Happy Holidays!

2. Dharhan

Dharhan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2000
    1 can of soup couldn't do much difference could it ?

3. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Think of each of us as tiny grains of sand. Alone we don't look like much. Together, we can make a beach.

If each one of takes the time, those cans could feed a lot of people. And it will one less meal they'll have to scrounge from a dumpster, etc.

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I went to vote today. No surprise to those who know me, but I couldn't give a flying **** to a rolling doughnut about football. Picked the prettiest logo. Turned out to be the Titans. Who are these people? Am I that girly girl that I have never heard of them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.