main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Tis the Season!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DetFilms, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetFilms

DetFilms Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    Fun with one of those illuminated ceramic decorations. [face_whistling]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS7rY0lPVXk

And for those who might want to play with the original footage, you can download it here:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Y3JjvuS7p3k%3D

Slo-mo added by our own DVeditor. [face_peace]

2. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    I laughed, I cried, it was better than "Cats."

3. sithjeff

sithjeff Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2005
    The sad part is...I have no doubt in that statement.

4. Mircat

Mircat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    I should show this to my Grandmother as a warning for her singing snowmen

- The Cat

5. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    [face_laugh]
    But the fire's so...[face_skull]

6. rigon

rigon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2006
  7. DetFilms

May 11, 2005
    Forgot to mention that the snow was provided by Teague Chrystie.

Web page for it now -- I think the Google Video is a little better looking, so I'm using that.

http://www.detonationfilms.com/DetFilmsXmas2006.html

On this Thanksgiving day (USA holiday) I should add that I am darn thankful for both YouTube and Google Video as bandwidth savers, and a way for us all to get our movies posted. I try not to take them for granted. For most of us, the reason we make these films is so we can share them with people, and it is a blessing to be able to do so for free. Audience-wise, we may never compete with the guy lighting the candle with a fart (which I do believe used DetFilms footage -- I'm still wondering whether to be proud about that one [face_hypnotized]) but many people here have begun to attract their own following. I'm thankful to be able, in some small way, to share in that process. You guys are the future.

8. Mircat

Mircat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    BTW, how did you set up the break up of the house. Did you like score it or just load it up and hope for the best?

- The Cat

9. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I would so pack that thing with explosives and blast it off. There's just something about fire that says FUN.

When I was younger I wanted to make a big model of a town and then burn it down, in fact I made a building out of cardboard and burned it at my friends house and recorded it.

Anyways, good video.

10. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Keep up the great work with all your explosive ventures, Bob. I think it's safe to say you have a lot of support on these forums and I'm glad we can use and share the elements you guys bring to the table. Now if you could just do exploding Christmas ornaments... :p

11. DetFilms

May 11, 2005
    As you probably surmised, one simply cannot count on explosives to break something up in a photogenic manner, especially something ceramic. The position of the house was carefully marked, and after the opening footage was shot, it was taken away and worked on with a hammer and chisel to segment it into large fragments. Then it was loaded, reassembled (just stacked together like a house of cards) and with the camera rolling, blown apart. The footage was trimmed to the first frame of the explosion.

12. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Heh.
    Based on who was posting this, I totally should have seen that coming.

Nice, tho.
    I'm going to be showing this one off this year.

-Vaportrail

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.