main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Titanomachy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Phantasmagoria, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria Jedi Knight

Dec 4, 2007
    Welcome to Titanomachy.

"...and on the fifthe day of the seventhe month of the eleven billionthe year after the Great Conception, so shall come, from the New Promised World, the mighty Titans. So it has been spoken. They shall be called the Conquerers, the Invincible, and the Masters of Life. In the New Government they bring forth, the chosen, my children, shall lead all creatures of the flesh, such is the reward for their Fayth and their Piety. In the Unending Order of the Titanocracy, only the saved shall prosper. So it is imminent. So it shall transcend. So it shall be eternal."
    -final verse of the Good Book of H'kig

[color=darkred]Two hundred years have passed since the cataclysmic detonation of the first Death Star's reactor core. In that time, resurgent Empires have risen and fallen, and the Jedi have been beaten back time and time again, but have ultimately prevailed. In an effort to maintain the continuing peace won through years of bloodshed by the rebels of the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Alliance Core Forces, the Galactic Republic has been reestablished, and remnants of the old Empire have been all but swept away by the sands of time. Historians now view the temporary resurgence of the Sith as a pockmark on the timeline, a hiccup in the continuum of the Republic.

For citizens of the opulent Core Worlds, even the raging Sentinel War against the Mandalorians is merely an unpleasant dream, something happening away in the Rim, too far away to dampen the joyous peace the Republic has returned to the galaxy.

But the galaxy is far too large for simple sentient minds, even working in tandem, to hope to control, and in the dark corners where light cannot reach, disease continues to fester. As long as there are those cursed with the requisite depravity, the Sith can never truly die.

And beyond conflicts of light and dark, of morality altogether, a sleeping giant stirs from the slumber of many ages. The comings and goings of these soft, tiny creatures across the vastness of the space have brought amusement to its dreams. But those dreams are almost over, and it is nearly the hour in which its work is set to begin.

This is the prelude to the Titanomachy.[/color]

[hr]

[color=darkslategray][b]* Rules:[/b]
    [ol][li]The TOS is law. Treat the GM's word as a corollary.[/li]
    [li]Spelling is imperative. Type out your responses in MS Word first, or copy + paste them there to check grammar and spelling. It will go a long way toward the development of your credibility as a roleplayer and a poster in general.[/li]
    [li]In the same vein, 'your' is not a contraction, neither is 'there'. Please don't treat them as such.[/li]
    [li]This RP will be covertly dice-based, meaning that certain actions which meet a general criteria I call 'being fairly challenging' will be decided by dice rolls, with reasonable situational modifiers and penalties. This adds a certain randomness to the game, and also ensures that somebody may be unfairly lucky and somebody else may think of themselves as a laser blast magnet. If you have issues over my impartiality, or the results of your actions, please take them up with me over PM and not in the thread. In addition, my job is to guide and regulate the game, not to save your characters. If you're going to jump off a cliff, you'd better have a realistic plan for averting sudden death, which doesn't mean a jetpack suddenly appearing on your back in midair. One option is to PM me in advance to work out a plan for deus ex machina. Fail to do this, however, and I will, however unfortunately, let your character die.[/li]
    [li]PM character sheets to me BEFORE posting them, and stay within the guidelines described below. Failure to comply will result in your sheet being ignored and you possibly being barred from participation.[/li]
    [li]Other than that, have some fun and

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    =D=

Wow! Fantastic opening post! I'm very impressed, especially with someone so new (supposedly ;)) to the RPF. Unfortunately, I'm unable to participate, but if your GM skills are anywhere near as good as your writing skills, you've definitely got a success on your hands, my friend.

Best of luck! [face_peace]

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    =D= =D= =D=

Impressive, MOST Impressive.

WOW!! Awesome setting, Phantasmagoria. For a moment I was actually there!LOL!

But seriously, this looks like a high quality RPG. Gah! I'm soooo busy, yet, I'm mega-tempted to join. Hmmm....expect a PM from me. :D

4. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I suppose I should follow suit. You already have a PM from me, but gorgeous writing again. You set this RPG up very well. I think you will be getting a lot more people wanting to join than twelve.

I would love to see this open to a wider-range, because while it would be more work it would also be more entertaining. I hope you'll think about...

Anyway, once again, congratulations on a great Opening Post and a great post altogether.

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Most impressive. Most impressive. =D= I may just join in, presuming I'm able to find the time. A pity, this does look quite enjoyable.

6. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    very interesting game. After much thoughtful thinking, I think I'll apply. Looks like an interesting game.

7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    OK. I've sent my character sheet. Now I shall go meditate an await word.

* OHMmmmm.....*

[face_peace]

8. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    I think i'll send in my OM. this sounds really good. the best RP made by such a new player.. great job=D=

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    My Character Sheet has been sent in. I quite like how it's just enough removed from the Legacy era to be new, yet certainly Star Wars. Most impressive indeed. [face_peace]

10. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    This seems too good to pass up, I sent in my Character Sheet. Now, to await word. [face_praying]

11. Phantasmagoria

Dec 4, 2007
    Wow, first of all let me thank all of you for the unexpected and very kind compliments. :) I'm going to respond to all the character sheets to which I haven't already later today. I've skimmed through, though, and most of them look fantastic. We don't quite have 12 sheets yet, though, so send those sheets soon so I can respond as early as possible; the window for application ends just before midnight on Sunday!

12. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Sent mine looks like it's going to be a great rpg...Love the effort you put into.

13. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    Mines in. This looks awesome!

14. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    Alright my CS is in, please edit it however you see fit. :D =D=

15. Phantasmagoria

Dec 4, 2007
    Okay, everyone, I thought I was going to get a chance to respond to all of the character sheets yesterday, but due to a big influx of new ones, I wasn't able to. I'm definitely going to respond to every single one before midday tomorrow.

Also, the number of applications has more than surpassed the 12 player maximum, meaning that I'm going to have select the top 12. Please note that applications are still open and will be until 11:37 PM board time on Sunday (5 days after the initial posting). Please do not hesitate if you are considering submitting a character sheet, as timing has no bearing whatsoever on acceptance!

16. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations! =D= I had no doubt that interest would far surpass 12 submissions.

17. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    How in Yoda's name did you do such in-depth and crazily professional research/drafting in such a short amount of time? My hats off to you, good sir or madam. You shall most definitely be receiving my CS soon.

18. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Expect a submission by Sunday.

19. Ki_Undi_Mundi

Ki_Undi_Mundi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Awesome opening post. I'm almost posotive that you've been to other RPG boards before. You should be expecting a CS from me as well. This is awesome, I can't wait!

- Ki

20. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm a big fan the prequel-Republic's look and way of doing things, which the galaxy appears to go back to; and the setting differs a lot from what is normally established, usually "the galaxy is in turmoil" and whatnot.

What I like the most is how all of the factions seem to be realistically harmonized: the Mandalorians aren't grabbing for power and preparing for war for no reason, they actually have a civilization; and the Republic is all stately and carefree, yet trying to fight a border war...I just love it.

21. Phantasmagoria

Dec 4, 2007
    Hello, everyone! Despite the influx to my inbox, I should have gotten back to everyone that's PMed me a character sheet at least once. If you sent me a character sheet and I haven't gotten back to you at all, write it off to a brain fart and PM again. I'll be responding to more revisions later today; right now I'm leaving to drive up the California coastline.

Additionally, there is now less than 10 hours left in which new character sheets will be accepted! If you're thinking of submitting one, there's no time like the present. You still have as good a chance as anyone of making it in, as I won't be making my final decisions until after the 11:37 PM end time has passed.

I'll be posting the 12 approved players tonight or tomorrow, and the game will begin early this week, probably on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks again, everyone, for the overwhelming interest in the game, you guys really blew me away. :)

22. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    No, you blew us away. Amazing game, amazing opening, amazing....everything. Going back to what BLem said, I too like the way everything looks like an old republic throwback, just like in RL, trends seem to cycle over and over, and as the Republic grew in power, they moved away from "Lots of ships fast and cheap" to a more Old Republic-esque stance, "Efficient, powerful, and pretty looking."

I also like how you used concept drawing from the actual movies for your ships, it gives them that futuristic feel with out detracting from established dimensions and appearances.

23. Phantasmagoria

Dec 4, 2007
    Signups have officially closed.

My next post will include the list of the 12 approved characters, instructions on how waitlisting will function, and some basic guidelines for formatting your posts.

Edit: Thanks, D_V_c. :) That's basically what I was aiming for. I hope to be able to capture that same feel in the gameplay, as well.

24. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Just out of curiosity, how many applicants did you get?

25. Phantasmagoria

Dec 4, 2007
    Alright, here we go.

First, let me just say I had to make several extremely tough decisions in narrowing the candidates to 12 from the 26 applications I received. I based the decisions on (first and foremost) the quality of your character sheet, as well as on several minor factors like roleplaying history, use of language, and character potential. Virtually everyone who applied put considerable effort into their characters, and I liked some of the characters I had to deny so much that I actually went into some detailed plot discussions with a couple of players who didn't make it. Although I would absolutely love to widen the player maximum ever so slightly, just to get in a few more characters that really were imaginative and interesting, I have to stand by my own limit of 12, as I realize that overtaxing myself as a GM could lead to the derailment of the game as a whole.

So without further ado...

[b][color=red]* [i]Dramatis Personae:[/i][/color][/b]

[ul][li][b]Khet Arantis[/b] - [i]BLemelisk[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Jack Harper[/b] - [i]Darth_Vaders_cousin[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Erebus Dusk[/b] - [i]greyjedi125[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Tiede Gora[/b] - [i]Hammurabi[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Jorgon Arstick[/b] - [i]Ki_Undi_Mundi[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Al'ren Da'Maru[/b] - [i]Ktala[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Recca Spartan[/b] - [i]MCPO_John_117[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Asher Novak[/b] - [i]NickLitYouAFlame[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Brando Finn[/b] - [i]Sentinel-825[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Reena Kya[/b] - [i]Sinrebirth[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Dex Nolane[/b] - [i]Star_Rocker[/i][/li]
    [li][b]Eli Jaset[/b] - [i]The_Loyal_Imperial[/i][/li]
    [/ul]

[hr]

[b]BEFORE POSTING YOUR CHARACTER SHEET IN THE THREAD[/b], those whose characters were approved, please make sure I have given it the thumbs-up via PM. This means that either immediately or after you sending back your revisions or plans for revision, I've said it's "ready to go" or some equivalent. If you're not sure, PM me and ask. If you still need to [i]make[/i] revisions, make sure to run them by me and receive my positive response [i]before[/i] posting your sheet in the thread. We will begin the game on Wednesday or when all 12 sheets have been posted, whichever is later.

I'll be responding to more revisions tomorrow; I need some rest right now. If you've sent me a revision and I have yet to get back to you, expect a response tomorrow.

[b]THOSE WHO APPLIED BUT DID NOT MAKE THE LIST:[/b] Your names have randomly (through process of number assignment by dice roll) been placed onto a waitlist. If a current player goes inactive, I will contact the first person on the waitlist to ask if they would like to join, either with a new character or using the character sheet they initially submitted (subject to a revision, if necessary). Each name on the waitlist will have 2 days to respond, after which the next person will be asked the same question.

If you are on the waitlist, and would like to know which spot you received, or would like to be removed from the waitlist, please PM me.

New players may join but will be placed at the end of the waitlist, which at the onset of the game is 14 names long (though this may shorten considerably once people begin withdrawing from the waitlist).

[hr]

[b]* [i]Formatting Your Posts & Interpreting the GM's Formatting:[/i][/b]

Formatting for Titanomachy will be relatively simple. Please state when you are in character by using a header such as [i]IC as Luke Skywalker[/i] or [i]IC: Luke Skywalker[/i]; basically, something that tells me you are in character and names your character. If you intend to have another player respond directly to your actions please tag them at the end of your post with a phrase like [i]Tag: Vader[/i] or [i]Darth Vader is tagged[/i]. Style is largely unimportant for these, as long as you get the message across.

There is no need to tag me, the GM, directly, as I will be watching all of your posts and will respond accordingly. However, if you believe you are perform

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.