main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Titanomanchy Resurrection Project

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Okedokes. Phantasmagoria has vanished from the boards, and may/may not have been a sock. Who knows. Either way, we have twelve or so very desparate people willing to play.

So...

Are the mods allowed to authorise people assuming GMship of games...?

Is anyone willing to do this...?

I would, but I'm running 128 ABY and twenty or so players is enough for me, thanks. I ain't doubling my workload anytime soon. :p

Either way, I'm curious to stimulate discussion on this.

2. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    *Sigh* i would take over but I already have my new RP going, would have liked to have been in it though:_|

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    As I'd understood it GMship of games where the GM has gone AWOL is largely a matter of player consensus. From the few examples I've seen I think it comes down to the players voting in-thread if they want to continue it and who's to go in as GM. I would've thought that might be the appropriate way to go, and if Phantasmagoria shows up once more, well, he hasn't got a lot of right to complain about it. :)

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Or someone could just work on a game that's just as impressive instead of building on a game that they had no idea where it was headed. I think the idea of taking someone else's opening post and GMing it themselves, with no knowledge on where the original GM planned to take it, is ridiculous, to be frank.

I say if you can't make a game that good, then you sure as heck shouldn't GM one.

5. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I have always been okay with someone taking over as GM in cases where the original GM goes AWOL. The two conditions are: 1. A general agreement amongst the players that the new GM is acceptable and will do a good job, and 2. New GM must agree to step down if the original GM shows up again and wants the game back.

If people want to save a good game, that's usually preferable to seeing it die, IMO.

6. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    If someone wanted to re-create the game, using the same premise, that would be the best way to go. That way, they have an idea of how thier game is to be played rather than trying to come up with an idea for someone elses game. I might have some free time soon and if I do you can expect a 'Titanomacy'-esqe game on the way.

7. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    If someone does take over it, I would love to join, I was in the waiting list though....

As for taking it over, I have been learning but I don't think I'm ready to GM a game solo, and either way I'm working on the story for a game of my own creation thats far from finished.

But if someone makes a similiarly good game I would be amongst the first to join.

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Still interested in playing, if someone else runs it. Im busy running my game, and Co-GM in a few others.

The idea did sound great, so I would love to still play.

9. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I bet it was Reynar.

10. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    what dissapoints me is the origional maker put a lot of good ideas and work into that game...

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    lolwhut

12. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Oh, you heard me.

Sinrebirth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.