main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Title Announcement - When?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Articulate, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm going to guess around december/january because Disney probably wants to release a teaser with either MockingJay or the Hobbit. That being said, it wouldn't be totally uinsuprising if they pull a Mockingjay and not start marketing till a couple months before the release date because they know they dont need to spend millions on a marketing campaign. Peope will see it anyway.

2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    December will be quite a month..

3. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

I do remember that. And that, ladies and gentleman, is half the fun of these forums :)

Juke Skywalker and DARTH_BELO like this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    … Although it is maddening waiting the vast amounts of time in between said random announcements…

5. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I think they'll reveal the title Thanksgiving Day....in the morning...at 3:37am.

mratm23 and Darth_Articulate like this.
  6. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Arg, you didn't mention the millisecond! :_|

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  7. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I doubt we will see much of anything through any official channels until April and May. No Star Wars film has put out a title before the 8 month mark and as of January of this year the National Association of Theater Owners will not allow a trailer to be shown 150 days before release (that's five months for those of you who failed 2nd grade math). Even though some exceptions are made I doubt Disney will try for one considering Star Wars can sell itself. They'd rather use that privilege to build up hype for a lesser known property.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Who needs a theater to release a preview these days?

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  9. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    You need one if you are going to p
    Internet trailer releases still usually correspond with a wider theater release. True story.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would think a title announcement would be in December 2014??

11. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't know why they need to delay the inevitable. Unless they want to keep people in suspense (or agony). Or perhaps no title has been agreed on.

12. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I'm guessing next June it gets a title.

13. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Well, I guess that means no trailer with the Hobbit. In that case, I'd bet the trailer will be with The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

If the title was announced on the same schedule as I was, it would be around April or May of next year.

14. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    the title will be revealed in april or may. they will debut the title and possibly the teaser at star wars celebration in april. then u will actually see the teaser when it's attached to Avengers in may.

Rookhelm and Samayel_ like this.
  15. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I'm guessing they will release the title along with a short trailer this December

16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    All I know is I'm a 33 year old man that is somewhat aggressive at times and when the title is dropped , and then the first trailer, this somewhat aggressive 33 year old man is going to giggle with childlike glee and then dance a jig of joy.

BigAl6ft6, Vanzant and Primetime_Jedi like this.
  17. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I want to know the title now.....so it's officially late.

I just hope it's a really good title, so that I don't have to listen to people whining about it.....for eternity.

18. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Do you guys think the ST is going to follow the same word count thing that the 6 movies did, or do you think that would be dropped?

I'd like them to keep it, but on the other hand every 3 word "The Blank Blank" fake title I've heard hasn't done it for me so not sure if they might feel that's too limiting.

19. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    There will be no title reveal until next summer, I'm sure. As others have already pointed out, there will also be no trailers or teaser trailers for Ep VII this December/January (1; its too early 2; they don't need that extra marketing for it).

It's leaning towards a trailer first being shown at "Avengers: Age of Ultron" more and more. Not only is May a special month for Star Wars fans, the Avengers is also one of Disney's other most hyped movies for 2015. It's just a perfect time.

HanSolo29 and Dewback like this.
  20. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    New York Comic Con is almost here. Do LFL or Disney have any real presence there this year?

21. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I really only have one wish in terms of the title...that it not follow the "X of the X" construct.

22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Flashback time! September 1998 when Episode I's title was revealed:
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/654672/Phantom-Menace-Title-baffles-Star-Wars-fans.html?pg=all

So if VII follows the pattern, the title would be revealed roughly 8 months ahead of the release date. But given Abrams' acceleration of John Williams scoring, who can say?

Addendum: It's interesting to see how less than a year from release people still didn't quite know the movie's plot ("warring factions become allies, once they realize they've been tricked by a common enemy") or it's era ("40 years before the events of the first three movies"), even if they did know character names. Lessons to be learned there.

Aayla_Amidala likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If there is a teaser in December, there will be a title. No way it'll just go as "Episode VII". Probably keep it under wraps until then. If not, who knows?

24. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    There will be no teaser with Mockingjay or The Hobbit. In 2014 Disney's focus is ENTIRELY on Rebels and making sure it's as big a success as possible. Episode VII marketing won't start until 2015.

The title announcement is likely being saved for Celebration in April. There will also possibly be some footage shown there as well.

The first teaser will be on Inside Out in June. Why not Avengers in May or Tomorrowland? Tradition. The Prequel teasers were attached to Pixar movies (A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc, and The Incredibles).

Then there will be a panel of sorts at SDCC in July, but not a huge blowout. They're saving a big blowout for D23 Expo in August.

The full trailer will likely be on Disney's The Jungle Book in October.

"October? That's only two months out, that's too late!"

Again, look at the Prequel trailers. Each full trailer for each Prequel was released in March when they were releasing in May.

25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    It's never coming. The movie isn't real. We've all been trolled.[face_devil]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.