main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Title Feature?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Dark_Lord_Erik, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Did he already do this?

[Internet_Drama]

Hello friends.

[/Internet_Drama]

2. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    I think he did, and I think it was deleted, OZK. But I could be wrong.

Amazing.

3. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    Oh.

Okay.

* Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

4. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    the next crisis will come in about 3 minutes. Once one crisis is averted, another one comes along. See Gandolf's sig. [face_plain]

btw, Obi-Zahn, love the sig! :D

5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
  6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Could someone do me a favor and make my title "City Rep, Milwookiee Council"? I talked to Bobafemme about it, but apparently her computer is experiencing some technical difficulities.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    i don't care if anyone thinks i'm over doing this, but i still think that the admin's & mod's have too many cool stuff that regular posters don't have, & i'm really tired of it. w/ this new title feature, it think it would only be fair to let regular posters have either colors, or the admin only icons. i can't see the problem w/ that.

DT

8. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    the next crisis will come in about 3 minutes.

I'd like to see those calculations.

*checks*

Well these seem to be in order. :p

9. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    Hmm...

Is this person by any chance named Joel? [face_mischief]

10. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    i don't care if anyone thinks i'm over doing this, but i still think that the admin's & mod's have too many cool stuff that regular posters don't have, & i'm really tired of it. w/ this new title feature, it think it would only be fair to let regular posters have either colors, or the admin only icons. i can't see the problem w/ that.

We need /something/ to distinguish the mods from everyone else, and the colors and icons are perfectly fine, along with the titles to help clarify their jobs. Giving everyone colors and icons that say 'Admin' will just confuse people.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    that's true, but you don't need everything. titles would work w/out colors, IMHO.

12. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Colors distinguish us on the Users Online Page. Nothing else can be seen there.

As far as icons go, for the most part, with a few excepetions, most admin icons are normal icons with "admin" written under them. Its those damned fan force people that get really special ones. ;)

And titles, we've decided to use as pure info only. Just to let people know what our main focuses are as far as the board goes. There won't be anything fun about them, unless you consder "Communcations and Classic Trilogy Moderator" to be incredibly hilarious and witty, in which case I thank you. :)

13. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Right, now can we change the CSS so they stand out more?

14. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    I don't understand why you guys couldn't just put the titles in your signatures. Isn't that what they're basically for?

And another question, the City Reps will be getting titles too I assume? What if they already have custom made icons? Are titles really necassery for them?

Its not that I'm jealous or anything, these things just aren't making much sense to me. :)

15. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    A signature is for a signature. A title is for a title. We've been using signatures as title-holders because we didn't have the option of titles.

Besides, no one reads signatures.

Vertical

16. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
  17. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    Who says no one reads the signatures?

And what about the CRs?

18. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Bennie, I am pretty sure CRs will get Titles.

And a lot of people dont read sigs unless they are specifically pointed out.

19. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    if you check vert's original post, he said that they are considering doing away with the admin-only icons.

edit: and, someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't believe they can just "give" all of us colors. my understanding is that only VIPs can have colors, so they'd have to promote us all.

if they get rid of the icons, then they'll be about as even as they can be. we can't get colors because we can't all be promoted, and, besides, they make life a lot easier when trying to find a mod on the users online list. we can't get titles because it'd be too hard to give every user on this board a title. especially since they'd want them changed. but they can use the titles for a real purpose, so why not let them?

20. Sarcasm

Sarcasm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    This is one of the most mature displays of posters I have seen in a long time.

21. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Ok, now I've skimmed through most of this thread...but I think I get it- there's a title feature now- is it only for mods, or for everyone?

Either way, I don't see what harm it can do, but I don't like it because it's the kinda thing you'll find at less professional forums such as ezboards and the X boards, etc. I dunno, it just reminds me of forums lie that whenever I see someone with a title.

But I don't think we need to get all riled up. I mean, we need all the toys we can get to keep the newbies occupied :p ;)

(Did I just say that outloud?)

22. CBaoth_The_Crazy

CBaoth_The_Crazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002

I agree with the icon part... I don't think it's fair that mods get different icons than us, I think that mods should get all the same icons we do... except their's should have "Admin" at the bottom, because Sebulba-X's icon is one of my favorites, but I con't use it because it's a mod-only icon, I think all icon images should be the same among regular users and mods... but mods have a simple "Admin" below their name....

23. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    Actually, with this title feature, there is no need for Mod/Admin only icons.
    Everyone can have the same ones.
    Their title will do the rest.

24. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    My sentiments exactly, GIMER. I'm working on having a non-Admin version of my icon made. As soon as it's done, I won't be using this icon any more.

Vertical

25. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Aug 23, 1999
    You know Hama's icon?

It WAS a regular Icon and you deleted it. But the admin one STAYED.

That's my favorite Icon!

[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.