main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Title help

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ceethreepio, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I am writing a story that takes place from the suited DV rising on the slab to the take over of the Tantive IV, and I need a title.

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    I don't have any specific suggestions for you, but you might want to check the JC Title Challenge Thread. There are plenty of titles there (listed somewhere around page eight or nine, I believe) that might be helpful.

LJS @};-

3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    What about "Rise," or some variant on Palpatine's infamous line? I've already seen a couple of stories with variations on that line as their title, but it seems to fit.

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Titles are hard. :p Hence the following questions.

Was there something you wanted to get across through the title? Like, use it as a plot summary or a hint of something about the characters? Sometimes thinking about those things helps.

Or, if you can think of a song that kind of fits the mood of the story, lyrics can make good titles.

Or did you just want something simple? I can think of one, but it might be slightly spoilerish to anyone who would get the reference. It's kind of a joke I made up. :p

5. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I am writing a story that takes place from the suited DV rising on the slab to the take over of the Tantive IV

Um, isn't that a 20-year period? You could call it, "The Extremely Long Epic Drawnout Story of Darth Vader aging..."

Sorry.... ;)

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Lord Vader Rises to the Occasion...

7. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Um, isn't that a 20-year period? You could call it, "The Extremely Long Epic Drawnout Story of Darth Vader aging..." Good point, I might shorten it down to about a then into a year after the rise. As for the title, I think the "Rise" idea might work maybe "The son of the shadows"

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like Son of the Shadows...

9. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Don't try to name the book before you write it because offten you're story well change along the why. When your done with it and its finshed. then re read it. And you should find name. It works for me hopely it'll work you to. Oh yeah you miant figer out a name will your writeing it you never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.