main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Title Revealed...

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Han Burgundy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Huh. Whaddaya know! Well, so far, they're at least staying true to the pattern.

EDIT: I found a quote. It was Bob Iger who said it:

"It was a decision that was made by a few people involved in the process; Kathleen Kennedy who runs Lucasfilm for us and JJ Abrams who is directing The Force Awakens... I was gonna say Star Wars VII, but now there's a new name. We are involved in the decision. We feel great about the film. We can't wait until it comes out."

He doesn't exactly say that they came up with it, which could mean that the title was suggested by Lucas and Iger tries to keep the spotlight on those directly involved.
    I guess we'll know for sure sometime, though.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I was on vacation when this news was announced, and I found out a day or two later. That's given me some time to mull it over before discussing it here, and I've come to like the title.

At first I was kind of indifferent to the title, and I was a bit surprised at how vague it was. But the vagueness may be a good thing, and I think it leaves open a number of interesting possibilities. It's kind of cool that the Force is being referenced directly in a title for the first time, I think.

3. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I was surprised to see the Force in the title. I thought they might save that for EpIX, to have that title be in line with ROTS and ROTJ.
    It makes me curious about the other two titles, to say the least!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Something tells me the other titles will be a bit more contextual than this one because there is a whole movie worth of plot already in the books that can then be referenced in later movie titles.

5. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "In the can" or "wrapped up". Also, when Lucasfilm's accounting department is working on "the books" it does not mean that their bean counters are working on the EU.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  7. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Now I'm even more confused :p

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "They have one of the new films under their belt" means that it is completed and they can base their future work and ideas on the experience and concepts of making that first film. It does not mean they are transporting the finished film in the waistline of their trousers.

9. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    ...............................NOW I get it!

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    While this is a pretty safe assumption, it's an assumption nonetheless. :p