main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Titles for AC members?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DUSHONI, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    You are special B'omarr!

That's why we have to have you wear that bicycle helmet at all times! 8-}

2. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Since the mods agreed to slowly take away their special mod-only icons and swap them out for titles, I first thought that titles for mods, VIPs and admins was a great idea.

But come on, this is the Advisory Council, they don't need anything special because they aren't special. (sorry, not slamming you guys, AC rules and so forth) Basically, what I'm saying is, if a member had a problem or issue then they should know who the AC members are based on simple names. I got contacted a few times by posters when I was in the AC to "deal with" a problem they had with a moderator or specific situation, and I know other members of the AC did as well. This is because we pushed ourselves, we wrote our updates and Asa made us known in the Welcome and Community forums.
    A regular member of the JC gets to know and mingle with other members of the JC, that is the Advisory Council's title, their reputation.

And ask yourself this, if a member doesn't wander into Communications once in a while, how the heck is a special title going to help them figure out who (or what) the Advisory Council is? Most people can understand that a moderator moderates, that's a given anywhere you go on the net. But unless you had been following the threads posted here in Comm, or had a past knowledge of JC history, you wouldn't be able to tell if the "Advisory Council" was some special troll detection unit or some off-shoot fan fic group from TFN.
    ----------------------------------------

edit (this should help a bit)

Former members:

Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Asabrush

B'omarr

Tellesto

Spiderdevil

Perm members:

Jay

Dev Sibwarra

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

New Acquisitions:

Cigam Retah

Darth_AYBABTU

Genghis12

Humble extra

Jeff 42

3. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    once they're done, would they still have a title??

(I really dont think they need it IMHO, though, yano who SHOULD get titles, the Blue Yoda Society)

4. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    once they're done, would they still have a title??

NO, why would they need it then?

The title would be so CURRENT members could be identified :)

5. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Titles for AC members would be changing them from normal users to "abnormal users" ( :D ), and elevate them above the people they are supposed to be linking with the mods. I dunno. Recognition of AC members vs. elevation of them...

6. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i have changed my mind, i now want explicit recongition of my glorious station, perhaps a large golden crown above my name, bearing the legend "A Humble Servant is the Mightiest of Kings"

get back to me on this one guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.