main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Titles.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Only-One Cannoli, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Let me tell you a story.

One day many a season ago, I came to Grimby. It was a glorious day. I asked him about titles or somesuch of which mods and admins have. And I was told that they had to be by the rules of what a title should be - ex. "Head admin" "YJCC Manager" or slight variants and whatnots and the like of such things ergo via.

At first I was devastated. This day turned out to not be so glorious. I probably threw a tantrum. It's most likely.

And then a year or so passed; and I grew up; and as I grew up the funz were sucked out of my soul; and such things as titles meant nothing to me.

Until this evening. I was taking a gander in to Literature as I customarily do at 1:30am on a Thursday night, while the moon shines the brightest. And then I saw my good old chum Sinrebirth. We go way back. And I took note of his title - "The TF.N God of the Dark Side". At first I was "lol". And then I realized, that I don't know what the purpose of Sinrebirth is. Does he have one? What does he do? What forum does he mod? Is he a mod? Who is he? What IS a Sinrebirth?

And so I embarked on a quest across the JC to bring ruin and suck the happiness out of others who I took note were partaking in this lollygagging of titles. And there were many!

So my question is this. I don't have an issue with custom titles (not that I think my personal opinion on this matter should matter), but I'm mostly just confused. Has there been a change in the rules of titles? If so, can we all partake? Can I have "sucking the sunshine out of your jcc experience since 2002" as a title? Can someone tell me what Sinrebirth is?

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I've wanted my titled edited in quirky/making fun of myself manner, but it hasn't happened yet, and probably won't. Anybody with a title should have the right to have that done if they so choose.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

3. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Well you have to factor in that titles have a purpose.

....why are you VIP...?

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    SLG, I'm terribly sorry but you cannot have the title of "sucking the sunshine out of your jcc experience since 2002". Actually, no one can because it's too long and would most likely get cut off and read something like "sucking the sunshine out of your j".

Anyway, no the title rules have not changed since our last policy update. Your point about Sinre's title is a valid one in that it does not follow the title rules about labeling what forums he moderates. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sucking some life back into this forum. [face_peace]

5. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    This is fabulous news. I shall don my bonnet of deep thinking and take a moment to reflect on the future vengeance that Sinrebirth shall bestow upon me. Via.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Fixed. [face_peace] Oh, and please, Sinre is just fine. :)

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Not to nitpick, but she asked what you are, not how you're doing.

Just sayin is all........

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I run a game in The Arena.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

9. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    You know. I was going to come back in here and vent my personal life woes of unemployment out on you Sinrebirth, because that is what the internet is for, but you've given me a chortle. A fine joke you have played.

10. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    As a foreigner, the word Quondam offends me. To this day I have refused to look it up.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I am God of the Dark Side for the purposes of the SWC and EUC, having recently launched a coup and wrestled the forum away from the masses as part of a game event. I lost in the end, incidentally. :p I have lost three civil wars now. [face_laugh] Thus I Mod the SWC and ToR, but the EUC is my old home from home on these fine boards.

12. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    hey i don't want to rain on the festivities or anything here, buttt......

the way i see it is that if you're going to mod a halloween/christmas/whatever sock, at least provide some idea of who it belongs to or at least what forum they mod. if i see a sock with colors, and i click on their profile to see they're a mod; but no other things give away who they are/what they mod, their function as a moderator is wholly negated.

lookin at you, hairybutt.

13. hairybutt

hairybutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    lookin' right back at ya

14. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Halloween socks should indicate who they are/what they mod. If you see any that don't, feel free to let us know. :)

At the moment, I don't see any, but its possible I missed one going through the list or that another is promoted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.