main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tix on Fandango

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by origjedi, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I just called the theater, no luck. Then I called the customer service number and they didn't even have the slightest clue. Nice.

2. Xin-Te

Xin-Te Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2001
    AFAIK, only AMC started sales today.
    Was it an AMC theater you called SC?

3. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    No, it isn't an AMC. I figured that I couldn't buy a ticket, but was hoping to find out when they go on sale. Wow, did the person who answered the phone need some lessons on basic informative customer service skills...

4. Xin-Te

May 7, 2001
    Here's the list so far.

Rave Motion Picture Theaters - April 15th

Fandango - April 20th

AMC - April 14th

Regal Cinemas - April 20th

Warren Theaters - April 19th

Kerasotes Theatres - April 14th at 8:00 pm

Amstar Cinemas - April 14th (April 19th online)

5. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    What to do what to do... there is an AMC near my house that I could get tickets for RIGHT NOW... but I would prefer to see it at the regal, since it is a nicer theatre but i have to wait until the twentieth.....

Mr P

6. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Once you order your tickets off of Fandango, do you still have to go to the theater to pick up your actual tickets?

BTW, how awesome is it that we're actually talking about getting tickets? We're only a month away people!!

7. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I know what you mean!!! I can't believe that it is finally here (almost) I mean I remember when the countdown was in the 600's!! I'm going to try to get my tix on fandango ASAP, do you think they will go on sale right at midnight (for theaters with showtimes of course) or what?

8. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    whoa.
    I have tickets.

thats just.....

CRAZY. :D

9. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    I STRONGLY urge everyone to keep checking your local theatres. I bought mine yesterday out of sheer luck. I am registered with a local theatre's newsletter and they announced it yesterday! So, luckily, I check my e-mail and bought them right away. I would also STRONGLY urge everyone to get a confirmation #, code, etc. to show that you have indeed bought the tickets, either online or by phone. If the person on the phone tells you you don't need one, get his or her name so if any problems (hopefully not) come up, you'll have a name that you spoke to about the tickets. Don't forget your credit card if you charged them! Also, right down the time and date you bought them. You even might want to temporarily register for a theatre newsletter (if they have one) to get updates and/or notices for tickets. Don't do it if they want your life history to sign up, though. Not worth it. They'll be bugging you all the time with e-mails. Like I told someone before, check your local or semi-local Star Wars fan club to see if they've posted anything as well. Ok, good luck!

10. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    Did anyone get them from cinemark.com yet?

11. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    I got mine last night at the local digital theater for the midnight showing. Boy, this day came really fast. Now, the true waiting begins!

12. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    I just spoke with a manager at the AMC 24 Kanata in Ottawa ... they're having some computer problems, so tickets aren't on sale just yet. They anticipate having them on sale in the theater itself on Saturday, or by Monday at the latest. He said online ticket sales would be later next week.

Looking forward to getting my tickets a month in advance! Woo!

13. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I just called the digital cinema here and they don't know yet when they'll be selling.

14. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I called my theater and they said they would know more on Monday..ARRGH

15. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I would be more than happy with that answer! The place I'm calling doesn't even have a clue.

16. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    What to do what to do...

Get tickets for AMC at midnight, then go to Regal on the twentieth. Think about it, man! You can't wait until the twentieth! :eek:

Did anyone get them from cinemark.com yet?

Cinemark is poodoo, IMHO. For the past ten years, I cannot think of one good experience I have had with them.

Even when I saw TPM at midnight at a Cinemark, the film broke in the middle of the podrace.

Our Cinemarks didn't have midnight showings for AOTC. I contacted them about midnight showings for ROTS. I guess they were too good to contact me. :rolleyes:

17. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I just realized that I've never been to an AMC theater before, usually only Famous Players. What's the quality like?

18. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I don't care for AMC theaters. At least in my area AMC seems synonymous with damaged screens, poor projection, lackluster sound and ugly theaters.

19. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    The AMC Lennox 24 in Columbus is a pretty nice theater, and it's always been a great atmosphere there when I've gone to the midnight showings for AotC and the three LotR movies (couldn't get midnight tickets for TPM). For RotK, TTT, and AotC (if I remember correctly) they actually had showings on all 24 screens at midnight.

20. Xin-Te

May 7, 2001
    It depends on the AMC.
    A good 80% of the ones in my area are great.
    The other 20% have decent theaters, but annoying movie goers.
    And if its a DLP theater, you know you are in for a good show.

21. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I talked to a few people at work, and they're telling me that the AMC in Ottawa is the nicest theater in the city. I'm happy to hear that.

Can't wait for tickets to go on sale!

22. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Anybody got the good word on when Famous Players, in Canada are going to start selling tix?

23. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Once you order your tickets off of Fandango, do you still have to go to the theater to pick up your actual tickets?

Yes. There should be a will call booth or something at the box office and you just go (with the credit card you used to puchase them) and pick them up. :) But you can do that on the night of the show, on your way to the line.

Alao, everyone needs to go check out Fandango RIGHT NOW. Apparently there are tickets already on sale. I found some for the Regal Cinemas at the mall where I work, so I went ahead and snagged 2 tickets. :D :D :D I've got my confirmation right here in front of me and I'm ready to go!

Oh, it's another month away. :_|

:p

24. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    20th? Great, thanks for the information!

25. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    JediPrincess, thanks for the heads up. I went to Fandango and they are indeed now selling tickets...but not for a midnight showing :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.