main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tix on Fandango

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by origjedi, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    2 hours 35 mins ... that makes me happy to hear.

2. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Doesn't that running time usually include previews and credits though? Even so, it should be probably just a bit shorter than AOTC from what GL has stated before.

3. Xin-Te

Xin-Te Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2001
    The running time doesn't include the previews at my theater. I always add on another 15 minutes to the running time to compensate for trailers, that way I can figure out when I'll be getting out of the theater.
    So, if it is 2 hours 35 minutes, that's about 5 minutes of credits and 2 and a half hours of movie!!!

4. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Darth_Sacrilious,

Contact the theater that you bought the tickets for and ask them if you can pick up your tickets early. You SHOULD be able to, I don't see why you wouldn't. If you have some sort of receipt, take it with you as well. Also take whatever you used to pay for the tickets with you to pick them up. If you were able to print out your tickets, call the theater and ask them about them if your concerned. I can't remember if Fandango does the print-out ticket thing. You shouldn't have a problem (I hope).

5. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Saw this on theForce.net about tickets:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/EP3_Midnight_Screenings_Warning_91456.asp

Just thought I'd let people know if they haven't read it already. It's probably just a few instances, but it never hurts to check and verify.

6. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I checked that in advance. My ticket actually says Wednesday May 18th (late show). So is it really going to be 2 hours 30 minutes? That would be the longest yet.

7. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    I got my tickets! [face_dancing] Have no fear, the theaters do truly accept your tickets, they won't turn you away. My sister used Fandango when I went with her and my brother-in-law to see Harry Potter (Azkaban) and it was so easy. If I go out tomorrow, I might just go ahead and head downtown to get mine, that way I know they are there in my hands. I know you guys understand my urgency to get them. No one around here understands this. I feel like a little kid wanting to run around in circles. I haven't felt like that often lately.

For those that have been bashing the Prequels, well, I have a good thing about them--they revolutionized how we purchase tickets now. Lovely thing the internet is, though my local cinemas now have Fandango; they didn't when AOTC came out. I do truly hope that Trimuph the Insult Comic Dog does another segment for this last movie.

I think we should make a separate thread for the running time. I've been curious about it too because McCallum was so forward in saying AOTC's running time but not so much with this one. 2 hours, 35 minutes, count me in!

8. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    origjedi,
    Thanks.
    So the tickets are supposed to say Wednesday the 18th, right?

9. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I bet some of them will say Thursday. I would look for Wednesday tix and if you can't find them make sure the midnight showings are for the correct day. Better to spend some time verifying it than get there and be told to spend a day waiting...

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    (1) Windy - I was pretty surprised too. :eek:

(2) beedubew and I must be attending the same theater, it seems like he and I were the last people on the face of the Earth to buy tix. :eek:

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    Mine is the 18th at 11:59

12. oLiquidRusho

oLiquidRusho Jedi Master star 2

May 8, 2002
    any news on which theaters have Digital projectors? I want to reserve my ticket for those theaters that have digital capability.

13. happydudethe3rd

happydudethe3rd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    Dear friends,

A few days ago, I posted on this thread to say how frustrated I was with my theatre for dropping ticket sales out of nowhere on a Friday nite and without announcement. I didn't get tickets for the midnite show. Well, my blind love of Star Wars has karmacally (sp) paid off. Due to a connection with the show I'm on (see my signature- and please watch if you haven't!)I'm going to be in attendance at the May 6th screening at Skywalker Ranch for MTV's TRL. I ain't making this up and no, I don't know how I'm going to sleep for the next few days. Not here to gloat, but I will post a spoiler-free review once I've seen it if anyone's interested.

14. Xin-Te

Xin-Te Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2001
    Congrats! Seeing it at the Ranch will be something to remember!
    Spy some info on the TV show while you're there! ;)

15. happydudethe3rd

happydudethe3rd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    Thanks Xin-te, I'll try! I'm betting Kevin Smith has something to do with it since he dropped that coy remark about it. Don't read his review, though. Go to the Spoiler-free Kevin Smith thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.