main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TLJ Trailers and TV Spots Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Nipuhanipera, Apr 5, 2016.

1. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

DarthTedTheodoreLogan Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 10, 2015
    I think I believe Mark on this one. Sure, he's a troll, but he loves the fans and he's as fed up with the secrecy as we are. If he is trolling, then the trailer will drop before the 9th, but the 9th makes the most sense when compared to the TFA timeline. He wouldn't put the heat on himself like that for no reason.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  2. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmaaaaaas!

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Won't be long before Christmas music is playing at work.

4. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I doubt that Hamill would know anything about the marketing, though. Plus, it's Mark Hamill we're talking about. He tweets what his heart tells him. :)

5. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Now. The best part of the trailer is when Rey, and also when Finn and Poe and Kylo and Luke.

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I would like to register my theory that if the trailer does not come out in October, it will probably be released in November. Or maybe December.

You heard it first here.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  7. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017

Or after the movie, maybe.

ZY-Fighter and Ricardo Funes like this.
  8. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The trailer won't drop before that, if anything it would drop a week later. The 9th is already quite early when you look at the actual release date (~66 days before the release or so), TFA had it a week later, Rogue One a few days later as well.

9. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Well...they better do something pretty soon.
    I talked to several people at work who had no idea a SW movie was coming out this Dec.
    And...most of them said they liked TFA and were looking forward to the next one.

Lack of public awareness is not a good thing.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  10. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015
    I can't believe this is the 3rd movie in a row where LF has failed completely in the marketing department. Nobody I know even knows TFA came out 2 years ago!!!

/s

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What is Star Wars?

12. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    is Harrison Ford in this one ?

13. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    I can understand the impatience of the people, I want desperately to see the trailer too but when the trailer comes out(october?) and start the TV clips( and all the marketing) everyone will be sick of SW and TLJ, so well I understand the calm before the storm.

14. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    A show where stars are fighting each other. Also known as Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No he's in Indian Jones 5 with Chris Platt.

16. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Two more weeks people. Or maybe three. Or maybe the trailer comes out in November. I don't know. Sometime. Before December. [​IMG]

17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    You just gave rise to the next great reality show!!! But instead of "Keeping up with the Kardashians" it should be something like "Beating up with the Kardashians"

18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Maybe there isn't a trailer...

19. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Three years straight of marketing fails from Lucasfilm. When will they learn?

20. phillcummins

phillcummins Jedi Padawan

Sep 17, 2015
    i just want to see some great dialogues in this trailer

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  21. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015

Love. Hatred. Light. Darkness. Heroism. Cowardice. Tradegy. Comedy. Violence. Peace. Wisdom. Folly.

...really just a watered down version of the Rey's lineage thread on this forum.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm hoping we hear it too.

dekaneas and Darth Smurf like this.
  23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    "Several people at work" means nothing at all. Personal experiences say nothing about the general public as a whole. There were people who made claims that like for TFA as well, and look how that turned out.

Public awareness for the movie is just fine, and it will be even better once the new trailer hits next months, and all the tv-spots will come out. Prior to the final marketing push you don't really need to plaster everyone with information, doing so will only get tiresome after some time. It's not like delivering the odd trailer or video months in advance is going to drastically change the number of people who are aware that the movie is coming out, especially with those who don't seem to follow movie news at all. If a teaser in April, a bts-reel in July and multiple smaller news items spread over the year isn't enough to tell you that the movie is coming out, then having another teaser isn't going to change much about that. Only the big marketing push just prior to release would reach these kind of people.

Satipo and Xael like this.
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yeah, it's silly to start complaining about public awareness when the film is more than two months away. We've already begun the promo push with merchandise via Force Friday II, and by Thanksgiving, we'll be in the thick of it.

Satipo and cerealbox like this.
  25. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Hmmm. I think we might only get one dialogue, but many dialogues would be great.

my kind of scum likes this.