main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto TMNT - Small Problem!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Spiderfan, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    [image=http://superherohype.com/gallery/TMNT/The_Movie/Movie_Stills/tmnt17.jpg]
    TeaserTrailer
    Synopsis:After the defeat of their old arch nemesis, The Shredder, the Turtles have grown apart as a family. Struggling to keep them together, their rat sensei, Master Splinter, becomes worried when strange things begin to brew in New York City. Tech-industrialist Max Winters is amassing an army of ancient monsters to apparently take over the world. And only one super-ninja fighting team can stop them?those heroes in a half shell?Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael! With the help of old allies April O'Neil and Casey Jones, the Turtles are in for the fight of their lives as they once again must face the mysterious Foot Clan, who have put their own ninja skills behind Winters' endeavors. Making this new incarnation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles truly cutting-edge, the film will be created entirely with state-of-the-art CG animation, giving them a completely new look for the 21st century.

Ok so its not what we grew up with and I'll be honest, it's not impressing me to much (though I like what I have been hearing about the Leo Storyline)...but I have to support my favorite franchises.

I will be going to see it on Friday. I welcome anyone else who wants to go. I am also Promoting this event in my LJ.

Anyone wanna join me?

EDIT: Changing to Saturday as some people have a conflict of interest and I would really like them to come out.

2. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Sith_Lady_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2002
    A friend of mine just reminded me of this because her fiancee is excited about it. :D

Yeah, I'm gonna try and see this after I get off work on Friday. And I'm forcing both of my friends to it. Even if I don't need to... :)

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Wow. I think this is the first time I've signed on in like...a year and a half. Anyway, as you already know, can do Saturday, not Friday.

4. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I would be interested in seeing this movie.

5. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    ya sure!

6. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Sat is better for me.

7. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Changed to Saturday. I will update further when the times are posted.

8. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Jul 6, 2002
    Just to clarify that the Saturday we're talking about here is the 24th, right?

My friends and I may go see the movie here after dinner at my place, but time-permitting and if we do end up going, I'll see if they might want to go see it with a bigger group in the city. :)

It'd be great to see you all again, too. So it's really a plus for me, really. But they don't need to know that.. *shifty-eyed* :p

9. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    I'd love to go and meet you guys, but I'm out of town this weekend.:(

10. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Checking the Tribute.ca and Movietickets.com I see that Paramount isn't playing the movie this weekend. That doesn't bode well for the movie.

It also means there has to be a change to the plans. My suggestion would be that we go to Rainbow Cinemas on Front Street. Its close by and fairly inexpensive. The picture and sound aren't terribly great, but its the only theatre I know of near downtown thats playing the movie. The rest seem to be further out. I am open to suggestions as to other places to go and alternate plans.

11. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yorkdale mall would be OK since it is TTC and car accessible

12. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Jul 6, 2002
    Hmm, what about Alex's suggestion? Is it playing at Yorkdale??

13. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Theatres and Shotimes:
    BEACH CINEMAS 1651 Queen Street East
    TMNT (PG) 12:00 2:15 4:40 7:15 9:40
    QUEENSWAY CINEMAS, TORONTO 1025 The Queensway
    TMNT (PG) 12:15 2:40 5:10 7:45 10:15
    RAINBOW CINEMAS FAIRVIEW MALL 1800 Sheppard Avenue East
    TMNT (PG) 12:30 2:30 4:30 6:30 8:30
    RAINBOW CINEMAS MARKET SQUARE 80 Front Street E. at Jarvis
    TMNT (PG) 12:45 3:00 5:00 7:10 9:00 11:30
    RAINBOW CINEMAS WOODBINE CENTRE Woodbine Mall, 500 Rexdale Blvd.
    TMNT (PG) 12:30 2:40 4:50 7:00 9:10
    SHEPPARD GRANDE, TORONTO 4861 Yonge Street
    TMNT (PG) 12:45 2:50 5:00 7:30 10:00
    SILVERCITY YONGE & EGLINTON 2300 Yonge Street
    TMNT (PG) 12:30 2:55 5:20 7:45 10:00
    SILVERCITY YORKDALE 3401 Dufferin Street at Hwy 401
    TMNT (PG) 12:00 2:20 4:45 7:10 9:30

While Rainbow is a problem for those who drive, its location is near Union which is central for the TTC and is a fairly cheap alternative right now I am leaning towards that.

14. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    well I would like to see this but since I am a part time dad with growing more and more time with my daughter, this weekend is with her, April is two weekends, looks like May is even more so we will see how anything else stacks up.

15. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    The Grand is right on the subway line too, and has underground parking. Not sure if this has any affect on your decision though.

16. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Jul 6, 2002
    I still like the Yorkdale suggestion...but I will be willing to go along with Rainbow Cinemas. It really isn't too far anyway. :)

17. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Though a few people wanted to go to the Yorkdale theatre it seems that for a bunch of us its really out of the way. Because its so close to Union Station and offers a better ticket price I am going to go with Rainbow Cinema.

So here is the plan:
    What: TMNT
    When: 9:00PM (Saturday March 24th, 2007)
    Where: Market Square Rainbow Cinemas on Front Street
    I think we should meet up somewhere mutual, and since I want to grab a bite before seeing the movie I am opting for the Tim Horton's/Wendy's Accross the street at about 8:30PM. I will likely be there about 8:00PM to grab some food. If anyone else wants to join me for food I am open to suggestions about a better place and time.

18. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Isn't the TMNT release the 30th of March?... I was just looking it up...

19. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I am pretty certain its the 23rd. Or at the very least theatres around Toronto are showing it tonight.

20. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    So, what's the review on the movie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.