main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TMNT(teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by effortless_skill, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    has any one played this game? i am talking abou the new one.i got it on firday and i like it very much.the graphics are top of the line and the game play is good also .anyone else played it yet?

2. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

3. Death_Omega

Death_Omega Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    ^ I think so...

Is it the NES version? That game was hard, I almost rescued April once :eek: But I died :(

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I was looking forward to it because I'm a huge fan of the originals on NES and Turtles in Time on SNES, but the reviews weren't that good... and yes, I'm aware that reviews aren't everything, but when the majority of reviewers says it's below average, chances are it probably is.

5. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    thats not true all the time.i read reviews on games that they bashed and i liked them.if you like the turtles this game is awesome.it reminded me of the old beatem ups

6. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Oh, I know it's not true all the time. I may take a look at it, but I really wanted it to be good enough to buy. And it may just be... I'll have to check it out.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Need more info in the openin post, it's too vague. When did it come out, and what console or platform is this new Turtles game for?

I think with N64's four-player sockets, they were fools not to make a Ninja Turtles Arcade game for it.

I'd also like to see a Double Dragon one too.

8. Hou-nom Jek

Hou-nom Jek Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2000
    Go Ninja! Go Ninja! Go!

9. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    it came out on the 21st and it's on all systems. the graphica are true to the new cartoon.each turtle has its on style of fighting just like teh old one.it's pretty good to me.dontello is the best turtle IMO

10. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    I got this (picked it up as my free "3rd title" at TRU) the other day and I feel it's ok- it doesn't seem to be a good or fun as the Arcade Game, Turtles 3 or Turtles in Time, though.

The throwing stars do like no damage, so they're useless, but the game isn't bad in co-op mode.

However, why the frell there isn't 4-player co-op in this game boggles me.

Worth a rental or perhaps a used purchase, maybe.

I haven't watched the new cartoon though, so the new theme song and vocies just seem too different to me.

11. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Saw the graphics for it on the back of the box today. The turtles look rather cartoony.

12. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    How weird, considering it's based on a cartoon...

:p

13. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    I've checked it out. Got that same Zelda-class cell graphics. On observation alone the resolution looks kinda "flat" but without playing I can't say how 3D it probably is.

It seems to display POW! and WHAP! stuff when you attack . . . would that get in your sight when playing? Like the old Batman and Robin TV.

14. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    It's a pretty good game, although repetitive, with all the button mashing. I would at least recommend a rent, but not a purchase. Good use of cel-shading. (I played the Xbox version, BTW)

15. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I think it looks pretty cool

16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I got it yesterday and one player gets boring, but two player is fun. I love the new cartoon, so this game is enjoyable for me.

I think it doesn't have four players because the game might not be able to handle it. With two players, the game stalls sometimes, making me think that it's too much stress keeping track of all that's happening on-screen.

17. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I haven't played it yet, but heard it was a lot of fun to play. I plan on buying it when the funds become available.

18. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Woohoo, my NES Minja Turtles came in today. I've forgotten how much that 8-bit fun was!

But that festering Shredder keeping halving himself and zapping me. It's instant death.

19. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    If your talking about the PS2 version, it is incredible. I absolutly love the game. I have the SNES version and love that too, but the PS2 version is so much fun

20. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Y'know, I thought about getting this game.

Then I downloaded the demo.

It's too choppy to play.

On my computer with a 2.4 GHz processor, a gig of RAM, an 80 gig HD with 50+ gigs free, and a 64 meg GeForce4.

WHAT THE HECK DO THEY EXPECT ME TO HAVE??????

-Paul

21. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Woohoo, my NES Minja Turtles came in today. I've forgotten how much that 8-bit fun was!

I used to have that. That game was so frikkin' frustrating for me. Like the dam level where you have to disarm the bombs underwater but avoid the stinging seaweed(!), or, like you said, the Shredder. My favorite TMNT game was the arcade coin-op one because I could always beat that one.

I'm hoping to get the new TMNT game for Christmas.

22. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    I meant the Ninja Turtle Arcade one on the original NES.

23. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Ah, okay. That was released as TMNT: THE ARCADE GAME, right? I had that one, too. I think I only had the first three TMNT games released for the NES. I always like how if you let your character stand in place for a certain amount of time, they'd look at the screen like they were waiting for you to make them move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.