main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TMZ has a BUNCH of set pictures up.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Jun 2, 2014.

1. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    No nerd would be able to afford a life-sized Millenium Falcon. The Cockpit, perhaps, but the entire ship? Skepticism is good and all, but so is common sense.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You do know that there are fans who have built replicas of this ship, right?

3. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Where the hell would you keep a life size replica of the Falcon? Sounds pretty amazing, but realistically, you can't just stash it in the spare bedroom :p

CairnsTony likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    One fella who made international news bought 88 acres in Tennessee for the purpose of building one. 88 acres. For a giant model ship.

5. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    My hat goes off to them. The creativity and dedication some these fans show is amazing!

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    These guys are building an amazing one. They are nowhere near these leaked images though.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  7. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    I would like to see pictures of it.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Google is free. They may offer technical support if you have trouble navigating their search engine, as well.

TheBBP likes this.
  9. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    What a nice, off-topic statement.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Lol, I provided a link to a build a few posts up.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It was completely on-topic. We were discussing the Millennium Falcon being replicated by fans and you made it clear that you needed assistance to look up their work. Now, the post I'm replying to...? Yeah, that's how to derail a thread with nonsense.

12. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    There is a big difference between these photos and that fan-made falcon.

13. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    On the other hand, it could also be an indication that they intend to carry the Falcon forward in future films for a possibly indefinite period of time* and that, like a lot of production companies who know they're going to be re-using a specific location throughout a series, just go ahead and build the whole thing as part of the pilot so its available when needed down the line. I seem to recall one of the producers of Star Trek: The Next Generation mentioning that they specifically included a throwaway scene in the engine room in the pilot precisely because they knew the budget probably wouldn't be there later to build it if someone needed it for an episode down the line. Money spent now on getting the whole set could save quite a bit in future films that could instead go for things like more explosions and stormtrooper suits for gobs of extras down the line.

*I figure the Falcon will be used in some capacity for at least Ep7-9 and the rumored young Han Solo spin-off would bring that to four films and could easily spawn a trilogy of its own (bringing it to six films). Throw in the prospect of a young Lando or having it turn up in a theoretical Ep10-12 and the fact that could always re-purpose some or all of it for a different ship down the line (the Falcon is far from the only Corellian freighter in the galaxy) and building the whole things is definitely something I'd be doing in JJ's shoes... not to mention that I'd also get to run around on the Falcon going 'pew pew' with a blaster after hours on Disney's dime. :D

Seeher and Starryganpost like this.
  14. Starryganpost

Starryganpost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2014
    I'm inclined to believe that these are genuine, for two reasons:

1) The green screen on the cockpit window - it's hard to imagine why that would be on a fan-build's Falcon cockpit, particularly when they posted another pic without it.

2) The mystery corridor. While a rich nerd would conceivably build a replica Falcon, they wouldn't build a Star Wars-esque corridor that doesn't feature in any previous movie.

15. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Less about Scorsesse tracking shots, more about creating a real, 4 walls, confined set that can be lit realistically and shot from all angles.

16. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Yes, or part of a future Disney park attraction.

17. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    My guess is that any Falcon built for a theme park would have to be built entirely differently. It would most likely be built on site and built to withstand the elements. This falcon is being built for filming. I expect it will survive the film due to the expense of building it in the first place. The falcon built for TESB was built in pie shaped segments so it could be stored and reused for ROTJ.

18. -Redacted-

-Redacted- Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    You must of hated the opening of revenge of the sith then, if you have that attitude towards tracking shots.

19. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think these very much look like the real deal. You very rarely get that level of detail, and sophistication of replication in fan made work.

20. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    It's Less about Scorsesse tracking shots, it's more about creating a real, 4 walls, confined set that can be lit realistically and shot from all angles.
    Clearer? There was one of those in Sith?

As for fan replications..I once saw this thing on these guys making BTTF Deloreans where they would go frame by frame on the films and replicate everything from registration numbers to air bubbles on the paintjobs.
    But having said that the photos are definately real..

21. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
  22. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    [​IMG]

not that it matters too much but is this the door? and by the door, I mean the door that got Harrisons ankle...

it's the only vertical moving door on the falcon...

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You obviously haven't seen some of the work of the guys/gals of the 501st and other dedicated fan groups. ;)

Some of their stuff blows the film used props out of the water...no lie.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  24. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Yes, not for people to walk through, just look at. After movie appearances end.

25. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013

Yeah I have... and I certainly wasn't disrespecting it... but I think, what looks like an actual 1:1 scale reproduction of the Millennium Falcon (both inside and outside), looks a tad beyond what I’ve ever seen outside of a movie/TV set or theme park. :)

HanSolo29 likes this.