main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TMZ has a BUNCH of set pictures up.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Jun 2, 2014.

1. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I remember reading where Lucas regretted going with that design for Geonosis because he thought it could easily be confused for Tattooine. I still think this 'desert' planet could be something other than Tattooine. There's still a lot of cgi that could be added to the planet to make it more than another desert planet. If there is another desert planet (other than Tattooine) in Ep. 7- they'd better make it pretty distinct from Tattooine. Tattoine, Geonosis, and another desert planet is just lazy. As much as I could care less if I ever see Tattooine again in a Star Wars movie, I'd prefer it over an identical planet.

2. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    I'd like to see planets with double rings (almost like the atom symbol), dead planets- with half of the planet blown away, crystal planet, marble planet, a planet that looks like the bottom of the ocean floor, etc.

3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    JJ already showed that in Star Trek :p

In another NASA nerd reference. it'd be cool to see asteroids with rings around them, or a planet that's orbiting so close to its star that you see its atmosphere getting stripped away. With literally over 1,000 planets actually discovered beyond our solar system, there's no reason to think that we won't see a lot of weird looking worlds in the sequel trilogy and the spin-off films

4. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    Wasn't that just in the end credits?

5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

From what I recall, there was a world that was blown in half when the Enterprise went to Klingon in Star Trek Into Darkness

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So, uh, Devin what were you saying about the desert planet not being Tatooine? Riiiiight.... :p

Claire1976 likes this.
  7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I'd give folks more leeway. He may be getting his info from extras or other people that may have been on set at the time. There could be such a level of secrecy with JJ that the extras and other minor crew might be told something different than what is happening or where they are supposed to be. That sort of thing would not surprise me one bit.

8. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I can see it not being Tatooine. And if the rumor is true about Leia meeting with Hutts, it could explain why there is Hutt-like architecture on a planet that isn't Tatooine.

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

A photo of this set taken from a helicopter appeared in The Sun newspaper at the time Harrison broke his leg. I believe to the left of the picture will be a CGI enhancement.

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  11. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I only remember this shot taken in 2012. Do you mean another one?

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm confusing two pics, one was an aerial shot similar to that and the other had tractors. I'd post the aerial pic but it requires a subscription, the big difference with /http://www.pinewoodgroup.com/sites/...l_april_2012_54_northlot.jpg.crop_display.jpg and the one i mean is the tons and tons of sand and the few little huts that was in the pic.

13. Starryganpost

Starryganpost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2014
    Well what would immediately differentiate this from Tatooine, if the rumours are true, is if CGI placed it beside an ocean. It may just be the angle of this photo, but I can totally see the bottom half of this as water, and what everyone thinks is a desert planet actually turns out to be a beach planet.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    TCW did that in season 3 - episode: The Citadel:
    Star Trek VI did it with the Klingon moon Praxis:

Which is probably what Star Trek: Into Darkness is giving a nod to.

Problem with those scenes is that planetoids have enough gravity that the fragment should fairly promptly reshape itself back into a smaller sphere. But movie astrophysics often differs somewhat from the real thing.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Also, I don't think we should give Devin much grief over every detail. Pretty much everyone in rumour land seems to agree the film opens with the sabre falling and triggering a search for Luke who has been missing for a certain amount of time. AFAIK he was the first person to even get close to that, especially on the sabre opening, which as reaction proved, was anything but predictable.

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  18. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    The soldiers have a mask of some sort covering their lower face.

The lady standing to the right could be Daisy.

starocean90 likes this.
  19. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

I think these guys are just extras.

20. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    They look like green/ khaki takes on Hoth Soldiers. I quite like the troop transport.

HanSolo29 and TK327 like this.
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, I agree. I think they are just extras, but it's cool to see, nevertheless!

I'm also loving that troop transport thing. It's very similar to the ones we've seen on the Yavin IV base.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  22. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    The blasters look like the ones of the Rebels on the Tantive IV.

23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Let the speculation flow-is that Daisy standing with her back to us?

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    these Pictures are really cool but the videos are even cooler, the Assistant Director I am guessing even Gave John Boyega a direction on the megaphone. like I said in another thread these might be the coolest spoiler leaks I have ever seen and I have been following spoilers since the mid 1990's !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

whostheBossk and Dak Oolron like this.
  25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    MY first thunk is they are reminiscent of Naboo 'military'....