main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TMZ has a BUNCH of set pictures up.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Jun 2, 2014.

1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

That is a bit of hyperbole don't you think?

Dewback, Dra---, Satipo and 1 other person like this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Destroying Naboo would be hyperbole. Objecting to the destruction of Naboo isn't hyperbole.

3. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

I do not want any planets destroyed either. However, declaring that the destruction of Naboo to be a middle finger to prequel fans is indeed hyperbole lol.

Dewback, Dra---, Satipo and 1 other person like this.
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The guys in brownish uniforms with caps actually remind me of the popular depiction of World War II partisan resistance fighters.

Dewback, vinsanity and TK327 like this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'd agree with that... the destruction of a planet (or anything else) that featured in the PT would not necessarily be any kind of message to PT fans. It would just be something that happened in-universe within the confines of the story.

Dra---, TheBBP and The Hellhammer like this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed. If Tatooine was destroyed for example, it wouldn't be a middle finger to anyone. Whatever they (hypothetically destroy) they will want the audience to give a damn about it, so I would actually see it as a compliment to whatever does get obliterated (hypothetically).

Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  7. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I'll tell you who it would be a middle finger to. It would be a middle finger to the denizens of Tatooine! [face_laugh]

Dra---, Satipo and EHT like this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It wouldn't be a middle finger to anyone if, for example, Naboo was destroyed. However, we all know a lot of the most snake-tongued PT haters would use it as such. Come on, they would.

9. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Jackwagons will be jackwagons. Can't let that get to you. I am overtly Christian, while I don't get much flak for it here, you would be surprised to see how much hate is given in other corners of the internet. It happens, just gotta roll with it or let it bounce off.

Dra--- and Krueger like this.
  10. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo [face_whistling] We would never, ever, do anything like that O:)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    As a PT 'hater', I'd find it quite amusing. Which is as good a reason as any not to do it. It'd pull me out of the film and ruin my enjoyment of it as much as it would any PT fan.

I'm personally hoping that these 'planet destroying' rumours turn out to be false, because I really think the series should avoid rehashing the Death Star idea.

vinsanity and Dak Oolron like this.
  12. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I wonder what the overall fan reaction would be if Coruscant was blown up, especially since a lot of boring political scenes took place there?

Dra--- and Dak Oolron like this.
  13. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I'd rather see a completely run down Coruscant, no longer the capitol, abandoned by the Empire, destroyed by riots, overrun by gangsters or something. That would make that planet far more interesting to me.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'd be pretty disappointed if *any* more planets are destroyed. Narratively, we've been there, done that. It would also take away from the power of Alderaan's destruction.

(As for Coruscant, it's one of my favorite planets. But then again, I absolutely loved those "boring" political scenes...)

Dak Oolron and Jobertus like this.
  15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, Coruscant was blown to bits and occupied during SWTOR. Wasn't much of an outcry.

16. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014
    In the SW canon that exists in my mind, Naboo was already destroyed as I would have found it better if Naboo = Alderaan. Just saying.

Dra--- and Dak Oolron like this.
  17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I agree with this sentiment; Tatooine's obliteration would be so unexpected by many, such a shocking act, that it would really get people focused & involved into the Episode VII's plot... the villainous aspect, obviously, It'll never happen, though.

Satipo likes this.
  18. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014

JJ blew up Vulcan, so why not?

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That's probably why it won't happen. He wouldn't want to do something so similar. Of course, I could be wrong. I hope I'm not, though. Apparently, whole Solar Systems are now all the rage. At least according to the rumours.

20. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Gwendoline Christie on set:

[​IMG]

Dak Oolron likes this.
  21. visionz13

visionz13 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    That does not look like Gwendolyn Christie. The girl next to her is about 5'3" - 5'5" meaning Gwen would tower over the blonde by a solid 5 inches

22. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    If I'm reading some of the leaked photos and rumors correctly, I love that they're not overly sexualizing Daisy or any of the other females. I love the idea of women in combat scenes dressing professionally and pragmatically. Hair short or tied back, most of the body covered up, clothing generally not too colorful or flashy, etc.

Dra---, Darth_Bertie and TheBBP like this.
  23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Stunt double? :p

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Watch it, our next picture of a character on set will be a clear photo of Mark Hamill with a full beard, Jedi robes, etc. and people will say "nah, that's not him, his beard is too full!"

Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  25. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

I accept your challenge. Bring said image on!