main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TMZ has a BUNCH of set pictures up.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Jun 2, 2014.

1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Sounds kinda like the Legends Hutt moon of Nar Shaddaa

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    IF there is a super weapon, then it needs to be fired once t demonstrate its power, then the threat of it firing again is what the heroes will have to stop. It's not unthinkable they would have another super weapon, but it really would need to be visually pretty different I think to avoid becoming DS 3. I guess a planet could be destroyed or wiped out without having to blow it up. But yeah, execution would need to be spot on. But that's why IF they were going to use it, I would wipe out somewhere we actually care about. Of course they might equally be no super weapon whatsoever, in which case this is all moot.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    This just in -- an interview with a PT hater. Will they break puppies legs live on TV?

Satipo, SgtTimBob and TheBBP like this.
  4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I really hope they're not going the super weapon route. Unless it's just a smoke screen of sorts for the real threat. It could be cool if the heroes are investigating reports of a Doom Dome but instead uncover a threat that can't be resolved by an X-Wing.

5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Me too... One Death Star was enough for me... and each iteration of Star Trek has done its best to introduce a superweapon. Same for the Marvel films. I'm reminded of the Alan Partridge quote (with BBC exec Tony Hayers):-

Alan: Right, OK. ‘Shoestring’, ‘Taggart’, ‘Spender’, ‘Bergerac’, ‘Morse’. What does that say to you about regional detective series’?
    Tony: There’s too many of them?
    Alan: That’s one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is, ‘people like them, let’s make some more of them’.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    These guys seem similar to the new droid MakingStarWars described. Look similar to you Jason?

7. Jamie1001

Jamie1001 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    I was just about to say that! Silver dome and red markings! Cant see any antennas though.

TK327 likes this.
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    They look taller too, look at the gap between the leg joint and the chrome dome, far greater than on R2.

9. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    No ****ing super weapons.

Unless the super weapon is a person.

That would be interesting.

10. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Oddly enough "super weapons" were only a OT thing (besides the plans and development in the PT). I'm okay with continuing the super weapon deal but I doubt it would compare to the Death Star. The DS is so iconic, it's a tough act to follow.

As far as blowing up "known" or popular planets, I'm against it. Especially Tattooine. Tattooine has so much SW history, wiping it out of canon, for EVERYTHING FOREVER, is a bad move. With unified canon now, you couldn't get rid of Tattooine or any of the other popular planet without a lot of consequences to future stories.

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    The Death Stars in the saga have been a secondary plot device. The real enemy throughout has been the dark side.

Darth PJ likes this.
  12. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    How do you top destroying a planet?

Destroy a planet that the audience actually cares about.

Amdrag, Satipo, TKT and 1 other person like this.
  13. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    That and/ or an entire system.

Force Smuggler likes this.