main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TMZ Reporting that Lucasfilm has begun interviewing writers for live action SW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloridaFilmGuy

FloridaFilmGuy Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 1, 2000
  2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey thanks for posting. :D

What I really like is this sentence;

"Some of the writers under consideration have written episodes for Heroes and Lost"

Both those shows were excellently written, IMO, so the fact Lucas is taking the writing side of this show seriously, is fantastic news, IMO.=D=

3. FloridaFilmGuy

FloridaFilmGuy Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 1, 2000
    I hope the show has the quality of those two shows! Well written SW will appeal to everybody in the mainstream...

4. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    :eek:
    :D
    [face_dancing]

I could not be happier. Those are my two favorite shows on TV right now, SW could not be in better hands.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yeah, its really comforting to hear such shows being associated with Star Wars TV, isn't it?

6. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Both good shows! Except LOST delivered better in it's finale but that's another story. I hope they get Brian K Vaughn!

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well thats down to where the makers of the series' want the series' to go. Not much the writers can do about that. But at least both those shows were well written and it shows that Lucas has understood that to have a really sucessful series, unlike the movies, the script has to be top notch. Its really comforting news.

8. Mungo

Mungo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2007
    Awesome. Now if only they can get Joss Whedon on the writing staff, I will be in heaven. :D

9. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

I hear you man...believe me I will tune in to Heroes next year. Many were disappopinted with the finale but the journey was A ok!! There still isn't any indication who the show runner might be, right??

10. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Woohoo!!!! [face_dancing] finally hearing some news on the t.v. show, and not just news but good news too. I love Lost, I haven't seen Heroes but I hear it is great too. I am very happy with this. Hope it's true :)

11. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    This is great news and means GL is getting the ball rolling on this show.

This is so exciting to me! New Star Wars every week... man oh man!

12. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Good to hear that they are looking to hire accomplished writers for the series and are starting to get the ball rolling.

13. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    This is indeed good news. But no matter how good they are, will depend on Lucas' willingness to allow them the freedom to be creative. With everything else SW, it all hinges on Lucas himself and it's not a good sign that he seem to be taking as much control of this as he did the PT. I really really wish he would just leave Star Wars behind and go do his experimental films.

Some other writers I hope they consider are Aaron Ehasz and the others working on Avatar the Last Airbender. The characterization on that show is just brilliant.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    As far as I'm aware thats what Lucas is planning to do, Blackpool. He's going to set up the story, then turn it over to writers. He'll possibly direct the first few episode's, just to start it off, then he's going to step back and let others carry it on, whlie he goes off and makes his "personal" films. At least thats what I thought was always the plan?

15. Na-heela

Na-heela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2007
    [face_praying] Let's hope then he'll do that!

16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Now this is very good news. Maybe star wars will break records on tv and possibly win an emmy. [face_dancing]

17. Mungo

Apr 30, 2007
    It would be great if he actually followed through with his words for once. Anyone remember back before the prequels when he said he would only direct the first one and was going to have Frank Darabont write it, and how he was only going to oversee the other two?

Instead, he got carried away, and took complete control over EVERYTHING... including the writing, unfortunately. [face_tired]

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'm glad he did. I would HATE to think of anybody other than Lucas doing the artistic masterpiece that is Revenge of the Sith. Just think, none of that magnificant montages.:_|

However, on this thing, Lucas clearly isn't going have the time or the energy to do everything himself. He's obviously going to have to farm out many of the responsibilities, because thats just how TV works. Its a very differant process to making movies.

19. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I hope Lucas is showrunner the first seasona nd then promotes the most capable writer. I am still hoping for Tim Minear!

20. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I don't know, Tim is like the behind the scenes version of Nathan Fillion. Great stuff, but it's going to get cancelled faster than Anakin turned evil.

Ronald D. Moore of BSG and Trek fame will be free soon, now that BSG is coming up on it's final season.

21. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah and for the most part I have enjyed BSG but that twist last year was a Shark jumping moment.

22. Mungo

Apr 30, 2007
    Hey, I never said he wasn't a pro at the visual or editing side of things. [face_peace]

Yep, he'd be great. But Jos Whedon would be better. WAAAAAAAY better. [face_praying]

23. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Agreed...but Joss won't come back to tv :(

24. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Joss Weldon was the guy responsible for Firefly/Serenity, right?

I have to say I think I'm just about the only person in the world that doesn't like Serenity. I actually turnmed it off after about half an hour. Couldn't get into it at all. I would hate to see Star Wars lose all of its mythic qualities and become something like that, personally.

25. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Well, there are plenty or quality writers available now that the Sopranos has finished its run. Seriously though...this show needs quality writing. It needs writers that can capture the whimsical without being banal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.