main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TMZ Reporting that Lucasfilm has begun interviewing writers for live action SW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003
    I still think that Kevin Smith will be involved; even if it is just to direct a couple of Episodes.

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

LOL... Yeah but Yoda did instruct Obi-Wan...Angel was NOT Spike's sire as Spike said in season 2. There were just some that bugged the hell out of me in Buffy. Star Wars too but not nearly as much.

Rob Coleman directed episodes of the Clone Wars cg series. I don;t think directors will be hired until after the writers are.

3. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    I think George wants to do what they did with the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles in that they are going to write ALL the scripts first, ALL OF THEM ! Then they've got the complete series. I mean how long's that gonna take ?

4. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Well I think you're exactly right. I can't seem to find where I read that, but I know that I did. That's really the only way to explain why this would be taking so long. Most shows come together in a span of months, not years. And it sounds like George has been working on the storylines, so all these writers need to do is convert these into scripts. Most series' writers pretty much determine the storyline as the series goes on. Filming all at once would be so much cheaper to do and it would probably allow them to get higher profile actors if they want (not tied down in a 5 year contract). And George is very conscious about the cost of it all, and rightfully so, as he is funding this.

5. Mungo

Mungo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2007
    *cough*Star Trek: Voyager*cough*

6. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    He's pretty much duplicating what he did with the Original Trilogy in that he kept writing and writing the original STAR WARS until it eventually got away from him, he took the first 3rd which was, now, "A New Hope" then he protected what would eventually become Empire and Jedi.

With all the scripts already in place unlike other shows *cough* LOST *cough* who say they have and overarching mythology and not simply making it up as they go along, George actually will have an ending already in place for the show.

But like all things fan reaction etc. the show will have to evolve and the story will be tweaked some-what, without compromising the existing vision.

Wookie Warrior - Dude I can't remember either for the life of me where he said about the scripts !!!! I remember the phrase "Because we need to write all the scripts first" but I cannot pin-point where and when the hell he he said it.

7. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I think they should start and end each show with Vader in his chamber...either having a flashback or a plot outline for the show.

8. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    The show is said to focus on minor characters we have seen in the films and or completely new characters, so I doubt each episode will begin and end with Vader in his meditative chamber.

9. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I doubt we'll see Vader all that much, though I am sure he will be referred to quite often. Hopefully there will be a cameo or two for Vader, Palpatine and perhaps two particular Jedi hermits.

10. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm sure they'll make appearances when the Rebellion takes form and Bail Antilles needs powerful allies.

11. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Antilles or Organa? I think Antilles largely fell out of Galactic politics after the Trade Federation's invasion and his failed attempt to secure the Chancellorship. He continued to muster support opposing Palpatine's regime but I think his son in law, Bail Organa, was the one recruiting allies and the like.

12. Mungo

Mungo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2007
    I think there's a very good chance we'll se Bail Organa in the series, since Jimmy Smits is so active in TV.

13. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Tell me about it! I've been racking my brain trying to remember where that was and it doesn't say anything on Wookieepedia.

As far as cameos go, I think that we'll see Jimmy Smits appear a few times partly because he's a big TV actor and his character is one of the founders of the rebellion. I would assume that the rebellion will be one of the story arcs we see in the series.

14. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    GFETT EDIT: Please do not post simply to pick people up on their spelling. Its not nice.

15. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Sorry you're right I meant Organa ! Antilles ?! What the ?!

16. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    It's a reasonable mistake. Bail Antilles was scheduled to appear in Episode One and there was mention of his candidacy for Chancellor. He retired to Alderaan shortly after his defeat and was always ardently opposed to Palpatine's policies. Mixing up Bail Organa (Antilles' son-in-law) with Bail Antilles is something that happens all the time.

17. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Thank god I was feeling a right GFETT EDIT: Referances to that word are not allowed here.

I heard Captain Panaka's voice in my head "Bail Antillies of Alderaan" and thought ahh yeah him !

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I mean how long's that gonna take ?

It took them about a year to write the first two seasons worth of episodes(half of which were never aired on ABC but were eventually made and aired on The Family Channel).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.