main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN TN Renaissance Festival...2009

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Kosh, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    For anyone interested in the Tennessee Renaissance Festival, I will have a booth for work there on May 16, and 17. However, they are opened every weekend in May, and Memorial Day, 10AM-6PM most of those dates. If you like the time period (and maybe have a costume for the period), it is a fun experience.

Sometimes, there are interesting costumes. I saw a Klingon last year with hte baklef (spelling???) sword. I didn't see anyone from the Jedi or Sith, but it is probably only a matter of time.

If you are intereseted, here is the basic contact info.

They are on HWY 96 (a.k.a. Murfreesboro Road) east/southeast of Franklin on the way to Murfreesboro. The entrance is close to 840...you can see the Castle from 840 heading into Franklin. However, there is no exit for HWY 96 and 840 there.

Tennessee Renaissance Festival
    P.O. Box 309
    Arringtion, TN 37014-9140
    615/395-9950 phone
    615/395-7296 fax
    www.tnrenfest.com

2. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    Thanks for the info. Didn't know it was so close to me, near Franklin. Hope to check it out. I have a couple of Library school friends from Kentucky who usually go to the ones up there, and they costume. Maybe they would have an extra. Have always wanted to dress up. I at least want to go, so hope to see your booth if we go then.
    Thanks
    lil

3. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    From the Lebanon direction heading towards Franklin on I-840 (West), you can get off the bypass on the exit for Shelbyville which is Exit 42. You should be able to see the two towers of the castle up on the hill in the distance shortly before the exit. In fact, you should be able to see them a few miles away before you get to the exit. Take a right of the exit and go about 1 mile, maybe less to the intersection with WY 96. There is a four-way stop with flashing light at this intersection. Take a right on HWY 96 heading east (Murfreesboro Road). Take HWY 96 east toward Murfreesboro, away from Franklin. Before you get to the bridge over 840 bypass (about 3 miles or so), the road/entrance is on the right. They usually have Williamson County Sherrif officers directing traffic.

4. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    We are hoping to go with the grandparents and younglings this weekend to the RenFest. I hope the weather will cooperate. i am a total newbie to this, so dont' know what to expect. Hope it'll be fun.
    Sorry we wont' get to visit with you Michael next weekend. Well, unless we just love it so much we go back then, or we somehow miss this one. Who knows?!?

5. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Had much,much fun at the fest this past weekend. Would love to return. It was pretty muddy, but that seemed to me to add to the feel of it all. Will have to make this an annual event,a nd also hope to go to other nearby fests.

6. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    One of my co-workers wants to take their family on Saturday, May 16th, so I am now going on Sunday, May 17th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.